Jets traded a fourth-round pick to NO for Chris Ivory.

Integrity28

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is not an anti-Ivory post as it's not his fault that we idiotically gave up an (early) 4th rounder for him to a team who was;

1) in cap hell and has less than a million dollar in cap room without signing their rookies and would have been force to have done some restructuring. 

2) would had pretty much stash him on the bench once again for another year and lost him for nothing the following season.  

3) for a guy who has a total of a seasons worth of carries along with numerous injuries during his 3 years. Along with only finishing college with 39 carries because of injury.

4) having starting caliber safeties still on the board !!! Rambo

Point blank, we should have use a (early) 5th and no more on this dude. After knowing this we would have been better off trading up and getting into the mix with Warford instead of tying to convert Winter into a Guard. And don't tell me he did a good job blocking at the Senior Bowl as Jenkins (Georgia) was a freaking lazy statue all game.

I would have rather Allen in the third and Franklin/Ellington or Barner in the 4th. Er, go get the OG in 5,6,7 or FA. 

My lust for Cooper or Warmack is b/c I felt they were elite fwiw. 

Winters was solid but....well, jmo. 

So, a top 10 pick is good for a top guard, but a third rounder is inappropriate for a guy who is the next level down? Makes perfect sense.

:rl:

Peedro sure is on a roll.  No way to counter that kind of dumb.

Yeah Greene sucks so bad ,  but Ivory is a beast... Said no  team ever.  And if the guy doesn't play....guess all the 'smart' people will have built in excuses.

Yeah Greene sucks so bad ,  but Ivory is a beast... Said no  team ever.  And if the guy doesn't play....guess all the 'smart' people will have built in excuses.

Why would he "not play"? What in the world are you talking about... nevermind. I don't give a ****.

So, a top 10 pick is good for a top guard, but a third rounder is inappropriate for a guy who is the next level down? Makes perfect sense.

You, like slats, miss the point. There was no WR worth taking at 9. If there was an elite WR there, well then yeah that would trump the elite OG. 

In the third, you still have/had potential impact WRs still on the board. Again, what I said was Winters was solid. I'm not complaining. But tough to swallow when have guys like Williams, Allen and Wheaton go soon after him. 

The big difference is with Warmack or Cooper, it's a potential to completely dominate. What Winters does, is give you a solid starter. But you can find solid starters in FA. You can't just find potential All Pros. 

There is a difference and it does make perfect sense.

We just had free agency, and were very tight with our money. We could have signed any one of hundreds of available players to long term deals, but only made a few small moves, and ignored a lot of holes. We sign Goodson, and already have 2 young backs- one of which I believe is better that Ivory. Then, we go and trade for an average back, and give him the long term deal. I really don't get it. Why give up the pick? Why not just fill a need in free agency, and keep your draft picks? It's not like Chris Ivory is some special player and you can't get a guy that caliber in the draft or free agency. This kind of move just kills me. I litterally think Chris Ivory is the third best back on our team right now. This is a tannenbaum type move. Like trading for Lito Sheppard or Tebow.

I could puke. Gil Brandt says the saints should be arrested for stealing. Complete crap. Andre Ellington and Jon Franklin will run circles around Ivory- and they'll cost 1/4 of what Ivory will.

Which back on our team do you find better?

You didnt specify.

Ivory is in fact MUCH better than Shonn Greene. We are so used to watching a completely substandard running back that we think it's normal for a guy to be plodding, have no short area quickness and be unable to catch a football. This is an upgrade.

For those of you who haven't seen the kid in a game, you are in for a real surprise.  He's the best back we've had on this team since CM28 and if healthy (yea I know), given a full workload, he's going to absolutely explode.  I like keeping track of old SEC players and was watching Ingram one game and chris ivory absolutely jumped off the screen while he ran all up and down atlanta.  He's the real deal.  Him and Goodson are going to be a fantastic combo.  

Not to mention, he's fantastic catching the ball out of the backfield, which will be a real help to Geno's development.

For those of you who haven't seen the kid in a game, you are in for a real surprise. He's the best back we've had on this team since CM28 and if healthy (yea I know), given a full workload, he's going to absolutely explode. I like keeping track of old SEC players and was watching Ingram one game and chris ivory absolutely jumped off the screen while he ran all up and down atlanta. He's the real deal. Him and Goodson are going to be a fantastic combo.

Not to mention, he's fantastic catching the ball out of the backfield, which will be a real help to Geno's development.

I thought there was no way i was going to actually look forward to jets games this year but now i can't wait to see the young talent we picked up.

I thought there was no way i was going to actually look forward to jets games this year but now i can't wait to see the young talent we picked up.

This, absolutely the best thing about this draft.

We'll probably be a trainwreck again, but a more entertaining optimistic trainwreck.

This.

I have to be honest, we got #1a / 1b prospects at CB, QB, DT, a starting RB who will probably be the most exciting runner we've had since Curtis Martin, and a starting OG in a round where you should be drafting guards.

I have zero complaints about this draft. I think it has been foundational.

Who else gets 4 immediate starters and a potential franchise QB all in one draft?

The issue with trading for Ivory is that every defense New Orleans faced played nickel the majority of the time, so every back the Sainst roll out there looks like Earl Campbell. Ivory is going to be running against nine man fronts here because there are no skill position players to warrant attention. I'm sure Idzik's idea was getting a big, tough back like Marshawn Lynch and letting him pound behind Brian Winters and Mangold, but Ivory is not Marshawn Lynch.

Gil Brandt is 178 years old. He said we should trade up to 3 to draft Eugeno Smith. As Idzik had advised, ignore the superfulous noise. He's putting together a franchise changing draft in the first 4 rounds. This guy has balls the size of Dolly Partons rack. There's a new sheriff in town. Embrace change.

We trade for this guy like he's the missing piece to our team. Still have massive holes all over and massive cap issues. Nice work restructuring brick and screwing us for the next 4 years.

Why not use the money to sign a rt g wr te olb s cb and keep the pick to get us a player for the future? I feel like we've already made 3 moves that hurt our future. This trade and restructuring brick and cro.

I don't know why we couldn't have drafted an injury prone RB at some point instead giving away a 4th when we need other positions desperately.

Which player in the 4th round would have instantly become our best player on offense? Because that's what Ivory is.

A franchise changeling draft really? Do u know we got maybe 4 average players ? A franchise changeling draft is when u get a franchise qb we got a qb that if lucky might be a top 15 come on guys

With top 15 QB play the last two years, the Jets would've made the playoffs at least once, and very possibly twice.

Which player in the 4th round would have instantly become our best player on offense? Because that's what Ivory is.

We'll see. I'm currently of the opinion that he probably looked a lot better for the Saints than he ever will on the Jets. No one was stacking the box against the NO.

Archived