Live Draft Discussion Thread - rounds 4-7

Sperm Edwards

Tony Pauline from USA Today said he sees Bohanon as a mid-round draft pick thanks to his ability to catch the ball out of the backfield and play in a West Coast offense.

Bohanon has a draft grade of a 54 from NFL.com, which means they consider him a player who should go in the fourth round or later.

Finally, ESPN draft analyst Kevin Weidl tweeted that Bohanon is the versatile type of fullback that you would want on your roster.

I missed the last pick on TV and know nothing about Bohanon.  So, is this guy a Keith Byars type?  

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I usually agree with you Slats, but not on this. We have to rid ourselves of the Tebow experiment. The return will not be enough to warrant going through another season of "the circus." 

I'm not a Tebow fan -at all- but I think the circus atmosphere around him will be significantly subdued a year later. That's probably the biggest complaint about the guy, and I just seeing it being much less of a problem now that the Jets have a new GM who seems to prefer a lack of headlines, a new rookie QB who'll be garnering his own attention, and, really, Tebow is kinda old news at this point.

The biggest reason I'd keep Tebow is to trade him next year. If he can shine a little bit in the preseason, or maybe spot start during the year and show something, he might rehabilitate his image a little bit and get the Jets something in return. 

And next year, I'd like to see the Jets draft a QB again. 

Rex said Sanchez is going to take the first snap in TC? Already you can see he just plans to give this f'n guy the starting job...So obvious, you can just tell. 

Maybe he wants Geno Smith to actually have to earn his starting job?  Maybe he doesn't want the kid to have to step into the NY media from day one as the starting QB for the Jets?  Everyone is all fired up about "Competition" but when Geno has to compete with Sanchez/Garrard/McElroy/Sims/Tebow for the starting job, you think it's ludacris, and Rex already knows who the starter is.  Amazing.

Last year: "OMG TANNYS FAULT NO OFFENSIVE LINE DEPTH"

Sheesh.

I'm not complaining about it, really. I'm just surprised, I guess. Wouldn't have seen that coming. As far as I know, Moore is still out there, too. So it definitely says we're not considering bringing him back.

I'm not complaining about it, really. I'm just surprised, I guess. Wouldn't have seen that coming. As far as I know, Moore is still out there, too. So it definitely says we're not considering bringing him back.

Unless he is absolutely not amenable to a reasonable, short term deal the only thing that comes to mind is at this stage of his career (and we know about the hip issues) the Jets do not feel Moore is a fit for the MM's version of the WCO.  He may simply not be capable of what they need their guards to do in the new system.  Otherwise, I would love to have him back at the right price.

Archived