Hedeki Matsui to retire as a Yankee

Bob

A terrific player for about 5 years with the Yankees. It's a shame the yankees have really backed off the international market in recent years.

Sign of the times. 

Ewing Kauffman spent the Royals into contention during the 80s/90s.

The Lakers have been spinning their wheels since Lucky Sperm took over from Dr. Buss.

Now, George's offspring are not, for lack of a better term, old school owners.  They are less inclined to spend their money to put the best possible product on the field. 

Do you think George would mention we need to get spending under control and enforce a self cap at $184 million?  Doubt it.

Sign of the times. 

Ewing Kauffman spent the Royals into contention during the 80s/90s.

The Lakers have been spinning their wheels since Lucky Sperm took over from Dr. Buss.

Now, George's offspring are not, for lack of a better term, old school owners.  They are less inclined to spend their money to put the best possible product on the field. 

Do you think George would mention we need to get spending under control and enforce a self cap at $184 million?  Doubt it.

I don't think they are going to be able to get under 184M anyway... It's not like there were any players in free agency that you can kill the yankees for not signing though and they are just about to give Cano an huge new deal. I'm more talking about the passes they took on Cespedes, Darvish and Chapman.... The posting cost for Darvish wouldn't have even counted on the luxury tax. 

It's too bad they never got him a hat that fit. Always flying off in the outfield when he ran. :)

Very good player and an excellent hitter. Haven't quite been able to replace him in the lineup yet.

Probably, the last Yankee I wanted to see up, after Jeter of course, in a pressure situation.

Archived