Braylon Edwards returning ? ? ?

kelly

there's something like 15 WR on the roster I'd like to give the unknowns reps before bringing back Braylon

I kind of agree , let the young guyd battle it out , if no one steps forward bring him back it sound like he wants to play there and a have no problem with Braylon and with Homes you never know what you going to get from him

Why the hell isn't he on the roster already? Hoping they can get him in week 2 so his salary isn't guaranteed or something? Makes no sense, unless they just don't like him at all (which would be a shame). Forget the young kids, they aren't competing to be 4th receivers, they're competing for 5th/6th/special teams spots. If Holmes or Hill goes down, no chance any of these kids step into that roll. I like a corps of: 1 Holmes, 2 Edwards, 3 Kerley, 4 Hill, 5/6: your choice between Gates, White and the kids. It's not that great of a group WITH Edwards. WITHOUT him, it's putrid.

Why the hell isn't he on the roster already? Hoping they can get him in week 2 so his salary isn't guaranteed or something? Makes no sense, unless they just don't like him at all (which would be a shame). Forget the young kids, they aren't competing to be 4th receivers, they're competing for 5th/6th/special teams spots. If Holmes or Hill goes down, no chance any of these kids step into that roll. I like a corps of: 1 Holmes, 2 Edwards, 3 Kerley, 4 Hill, 5/6: your choice between Gates, White and the kids. It's not that great of a group WITH Edwards. WITHOUT him, it's putrid.

" Why the hell isn't he on the roster already ?... " 

~ $ $

cheers ~ ~

:cheer:

Since I am the resident Clyde Gates apologist, Gates had more yards in 2012 than Edwards had in 2012 or 2011. 

I have no problem with giving him a chance. But having Braylon on this team doesn't impact that too much. If he's that good, he can beat out Braylon for the 4. Otherwise, he can at least beat out Jordan White and his motley crew of nobodies for the 5 spot. Our WR group is hardly stacked. Holmes and Hill have potential injury issues. Almost any of our top 3 receivers go down, we're toast.

Doubt he's getting much more than vet minimum. Don't see how money can be an obstacle here.

it shouldn't be....but it is :love0040:

cheers ~ ~

:beer:

Since I am the resident Clyde Gates apologist, Gates had more yards in 2012 than Edwards had in 2012 or 2011. 

I'll support you in your efforts.  There's plenty of guys to dislike on the roster but not sure why Clyde Gates is one of them.  He was signed to bring along slowly then thrust into action because of injuries.  As soon as he started making progress he suffered a significant concussion.

I think he can be a contributor with a full offseason and camp under his belt.  His measurables are similar to Desean Jackson who thrived under MM.

I have no problem with giving him a chance. But having Braylon on this team doesn't impact that too much. If he's that good, he can beat out Braylon for the 4. Otherwise, he can at least beat out Jordan White and his motley crew of nobodies for the 5 spot. Our WR group is hardly stacked. Holmes and Hill have potential injury issues. Almost any of our top 3 receivers go down, we're toast.

Edwards doesn't help much either.  Other than his supposed "rapport" with Sanchez he doesn't add much.  More reps for the new guys. If these guys suck bring him in.  The fact is, the Jets are the only team that has been linked to the guy this offseason. He hasn't even made a visit. 

I'll support you in your efforts.  There's plenty of guys to dislike on the roster but not sure why Clyde Gates is one of them.  He was signed to bring along slowly then thrust into action because of injuries.  As soon as he started making progress he suffered a significant concussion.

I think he can be a contributor with a full offseason and camp under his belt.  His measurables are similar to Desean Jackson who thrived under MM.

Kiss of death?

Edwards doesn't help much either.  Other than his supposed "rapport" with Sanchez he doesn't add much.  More reps for the new guys. If these guys suck bring him in.  The fact is, the Jets are the only team that has been linked to the guy this offseason. He hasn't even made a visit. 

Financially, we don't have much to work with, so I don't see a better option. If you just isolate his production with the Jets, it looks pretty good. We know he has the talent. We know we'll have injuries. This move for the minimum (or close) makes all the sense in the world.

Archived