Breaking News: Geno Smith Fires Agents for Booking Subway Commercials

BroadwayJoe12

Suck it.  Very limited options here in Jax Beach.  And I dont live at home for my mom to make me the best Meatballs in the world for me.  So, when I have a hankering, Subway works.

But the real point was, the cold cuts are horrible but the meatball sub can be very tasty. 

Then make them yourself or have one of your porcine paramours whip up a batch for you, brah.

sometimes the best response is no response :tongue: .

You tellin me theres no italian delis or jewish deis in Fla. when I visited that dump there seemed to be plenty in the Tampa area.

Delray Beach is loaded with Jewish delis.

For Italian, Colombino's in WPB

Typical Floridian.  You are never allowed back into NY.

no sh*t

That will be the Kosher variety.

I like this kid already!

Gun to your head, what's the best deli you've ever been to?  If it's too difficult you can split it into jewish and italian.   Since I was just there a couple weeks ago (and lasting through two world wars and being the only non-italian deli my grandparents would get their meat from for their bar and grill), I've gotta go with Katz's; their corned beef on rye with a side/full plate of pickles could be the best thing I've eaten all month..except for possibly the pastrami sandwich I had wrapped for dinner.  I've heard good things about 2nd ave, but haven't been there yet. I'd strangle a puppy to have that sandwich right now. 

For those older, can you speak on if the quality of Katz's and Carnegie's have gone down at all??  I've found both simply phenomenal, but you hear from a lot of the old-timers that once it started becoming to touristy, the quality went down.  If that's true, and I have no reason to doubt them, besides cynicism, I can't imagine how great it tasted beforehand as I'm pissed off at my current sandwich just thinking about it.

Gun to your head, what's the best deli you've ever been to?  If it's too difficult you can split it into jewish and italian.   Since I was just there a couple weeks ago (and lasting through two world wars and being the only non-italian deli my grandparents would get their meat from for their bar and grill), I've gotta go with Katz's; their corned beef on rye with a side/full plate of pickles could be the best thing I've eaten all month..except for possibly the pastrami sandwich I had wrapped for dinner.  I've heard good things about 2nd ave, but haven't been there yet. I'd strangle a puppy to have that sandwich right now. 

For those older, can you speak on if the quality of Katz's and Carnegie's have gone down at all??  I've found both simply phenomenal, but you hear from a lot of the old-timers that once it started becoming to touristy, the quality went down.  If that's true, and I have no reason to doubt them, besides cynicism, I can't imagine how great it tasted beforehand as I'm pissed off at my current sandwich just thinking about it.

My favorite Kosher Deli in Brooklyn was on Ave U and Ocean Ave, around the corner from Puppy City.

I can't remember the name, but it was there forever, and closed down a few years ago.

Adelman's on Kings Highway is pretty good. 

Pretty much every Italian Deli in my neighborhood was good, bakeries too.

And of course Roll 'n Roster and Brennan and Carr are pretty famous for Roast Beef.

In WPB, Colombino's is a surprisingly good, Manzo's was good, Russo's too.

The best Kosher place I visited down here was in Delray, can't remember the name though.

My favorite Kosher Deli in Brooklyn was on Ave U and Ocean Ave, around the corner from Puppy City.

I can't remember the name, but it was there forever, and closed down a few years ago.

And of course Roll 'n Roster and Brennan and Carr are pretty famous for Roast Beef.

The best Kosher place I visited down here was in Delray, can't remember the name though.

Have to keep them in mind if I'm ever down there.  How is west palm? Never been, but have been toying with the ideas of narrowing my future residency programs down to places with nicer weather and good programs as opposed to good programs in the northeast.  Is it similar to Miami with a bunch of Dolphan4lifes rolling around or is it just a more laid back beach town??  Not sure I could handle the former.

Have to keep them in mind if I'm ever down there.  How is west palm? Never been, but have been toying with the ideas of narrowing my future residency programs down to places with nicer weather and good programs as opposed to good programs in the northeast.  Is it similar to Miami with a bunch of Dolphan4lifes rolling around or is it just a more laid back beach town??  Not sure I could handle the former.

It's not a laid back beach town, not like Miami either.

There are a fair share of Dolphan4lifes rolling around, but allot of transplants too.

Not really much to do compared to NY, but you could probably say that about almost anywhere.

The weather is great, unless you get hit with a hurricane, then it sucks.

Whether it's for you or not, depends on where you're coming from and what your looking for.

Takes a while to get used to, but when you do it makes it hard to go back permanently.

If you could afford to be a snow bird, and come down for the Winter, and up for the Summer, that's the way to go.

It's not a laid back beach town, not like Miami either.

There are a fair share of Dolphan4lifes rolling around, but allot of transplants too.

Not really much to do compared to NY, but you could probably say that about almost anywhere.

The weather is great, unless you get hit with a hurricane, then it sucks.

Whether it's for you or not, depends on where you're coming from and what your looking for.

Takes a while to get used to, but when you do it makes it hard to go back permanently.

If you could afford to be a snow bird, and come down for the Winter, and up for the Summer, that's the way to go.

Haha I'm a long way from affording anything, unless the government decides to waive all graduate student loans...  I've just been hearing a lot of friends and their older siblings etc. complain about residency and how brutal it is (which it totally is and I'm perfectly okay with that as that's what i signed up for) and the ones who seem to be enjoying themselves more are those who are in Cali (Norcal and Socal), South Carolina and just nicer climates.  The ones who've transferred from prestigious hospitals in Boston and NYC to San Fran and UC Davis, respectively, have said that just the weather and laid back environment makes all the stress seem considerably less than the east coast.  So just thought I'd inquire about different towns whenever I hear about them.  

Haha I'm a long way from affording anything, unless the government decides to waive all graduate student loans...  I've just been hearing a lot of friends and their older siblings etc. complain about residency and how brutal it is (which it totally is and I'm perfectly okay with that as that's what i signed up for) and the ones who seem to be enjoying themselves more are those who are in Cali (Norcal and Socal), South Carolina and just nicer climates.  The ones who've transferred from prestigious hospitals in Boston and NYC to San Fran and UC Davis, respectively, have said that just the weather and laid back environment makes all the stress seem considerably less than the east coast.  So just thought I'd inquire about different towns whenever I hear about them.  

Make sense, WPB is nice, but California sounds nicer, not that I'll ever go. :)

I haven't been to either in some time, but Katz's and Carnegie were always on par I thought. 

I worked in Downtown Brooklyn for a while - Lassen and Hennigs is a pretty good (non-Jewish) deli on Montague Street.  They don't have the ridiculously overstuffed sandwiches, but they're high quality.

Since I'm too lazy to walk over to the Stage Door, pretty much the only places to get a sandwich down by Wall Street are chain places or the Korean all-in-one joints.

Adelman's closed for good  last month.

RNR and Brennan and Carr are still going strong.

I haven't been to either in some time, but Katz's and Carnegie were always on par I thought. 

I worked in Downtown Brooklyn for a while - Lassen and Hennigs is a pretty good (non-Jewish) deli on Montague Street.  They don't have the ridiculously overstuffed sandwiches, but they're high quality.

Since I'm too lazy to walk over to the Stage Door, pretty much the only places to get a sandwich down by Wall Street are chain places or the Korean all-in-one joints.

Love the Stage Door, but my problem is whenever I go to any of the delis I always order the corned beef and pastrami on rye and never end up trying anything else.  The entire menu looks delicious, but since I"m not down there all the time anymore, I have trouble getting anything different.  Well, in all fairness, I did get turkey on my pastrami and corned beef once, thought that was pretty adventurous.

ahh your killin me naming all those places .... I live in Dallas now and they dont even know WTF a Deli is LOL so I make my own crap from time to time when Im in the mood mostly boars head cold cuts is all I'll buy.

I miss Roll n Roster ..... When I was a kid we used to go there all the time after a night out great stuff.

There used to be a good jewish deli here in Dallas called Gilberts all the NY folks would eat in there then they closed down and I was miserable ..

For an Italian I make a pretty mean Matzo Ball soup :) as a matter of fact everytime I make a fresh pot of Chicken soup I always make the Matzo Balls

Wasent there a Adelmans on 13th ave as well ? Maybe 11th ave ?

ahh your killin me naming all those places .... I live in Dallas now and they dont even know WTF a Deli is LOL so I make my own crap from time to time when Im in the mood mostly boars head cold cuts is all I'll buy.

I miss Roll n Roster ..... When I was a kid we used to go there all the time after a night out great stuff.

There used to be a good jewish deli here in Dallas called Gilberts all the NY folks would eat in there then they closed down and I was miserable ..

For an Italian I make a pretty mean Matzo Ball soup :) as a matter of fact everytime I make a fresh pot of Chicken soup I always make the Matzo Balls

Wasent there a Adelmans on 13th ave as well ? Maybe 11th ave ?

Kings Highway Matzo Ball Cowboy.

Archived