Rex: Jets will see the best Mark Sanchez 'they've ever seen'

Jetsfan80

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Geno_Smith-450x275.jpg

As long as this dude above is around the Jets facilities we'll never get to see Sanchez abilities

wait! no! we've all seen Mark Sanchez best already. I've had enough now. dont want anymore.

It has been my experience throughout life, when someone has to talk about what they are going to do or people make a proclamation they usually don't do it or the proclamation does not come true. Let the play decide. I put this kind of proclamation in the same category as super bowl talk from him.

Can someone explain to me how competition will actually make Sanchez better after the ball is snapped? The only way Rex could justify that opinion is if Sanchez was relatively lazy and didn't try hard enough before this competition arrived.

Competition isn't going to make him suddenly know what to do in the pocket in a live game when his top target isn't open.  Getting pushed due to competition I can see if it's a strength or endurance thing, where a player reaches deep down for extra umph like throwing up that last rep in the gym or going all-out on the field instead of dogging it or just going through the motions.  But QB isn't a position where one gets better by exerting oneself more.

What a stupid thing to think otherwise.  If Sanchez does noticeably improve it means experience is starting to kick in, since physically he can make every throw even if he typically has not done it.  But a 5th year QB getting better because of competition? Worse still, since it's coming from Rex, this insinuates all sorts of past poor character traits from Sanchez's most public supporter.

What QB who was previously Sanchez-level bad for 4 full seasons as a starter, then suddenly improved into being a good QB because of competition that had never been there before?

Closest i can think of is when Brees turned it on when they drafted Rivers. There were obviously other factors at play for his rise to success but it was still quite the jump for a third year player (i think it was third anyway.

That's the first comparison that comes to mind.

With that said, Sanchez will suck an elephant sized dong this year if he plays at all. He's terrible and has no hope.

Closest i can think of is when Brees turned it on when they drafted Rivers. There were obviously other factors at play for his rise to success but it was still quite the jump for a third year player (i think it was third anyway.

That's the first comparison that comes to mind.

With that said, Sanchez will suck an elephant sized dong this year if he plays at all. He's terrible and has no hope.

Rivers didn't compete as a rookie. He held out all summer until like a week before the season.

Rivers didn't compete as a rookie. He held out all summer until like a week before the season.

back up there mr. sperm. Competition can be just the mere presence of a draft pick...You don't think Brees felt threatened by them picking a QB number 1 overall?

Weather or not he laces his spikes for practice or not...i'd still call that competition.

Also...for the record, i still am very skeptical that you have some kind of employment with the jets since that week you mentioned moving Ellis to OSLB from DE...What say you about that instance?

back up there mr. sperm. Competition can be just the mere presence of a draft pick...You don't think Brees felt threatened by them picking a QB number 1 overall?

Weather or not he laces his spikes for practice or not...i'd still call that competition.

Also...for the record, i still am very skeptical that you have some kind of employment with the jets since that week you mentioned moving Ellis to OSLB from DE...What say you about that instance?

No I don't think Brees improved simply because they drafted Rivers (who held out all summer until like the week before the season began.  There was no QB competition between the two. A QB doesn't improve because he feels threatened by someone who isn't even with the team.  If he ever was too immature to work hard early on, it would have kicked in when he got benched (for Flutie?) before drafting Rivers.

Last week I mentioned the flop of Herm moving Ellis from DE to DT, not from end to LB.

And why would you think I was ever employed by the Jets?

The best Sanchez we've ever seen is fking Sanchez in another teams jersey  - still waiting for that one.

agreed!  I expect REX to taint the QB battle in favor of his boy!    He has done it in the past and will do so in the future.  Sanchez will be the downfall ofr WRECKS! 

agreed!  I expect REX to taint the QB battle in favor of his boy!    He has done it in the past and will do so in the future.  Sanchez will be the downfall ofr WRECKS! 

Rex is gay for sanchez, 100%

No I don't think Brees improved simply because they drafted Rivers (who held out all summer until like the week before the season began.  There was no QB competition between the two. A QB doesn't improve because he feels threatened by someone who isn't even with the team.  If he ever was too immature to work hard early on, it would have kicked in when he got benched (for Flutie?) before drafting Rivers.

Last week I mentioned the flop of Herm moving Ellis from DE to DT, not from end to LB.

And why would you think I was ever employed by the Jets?

I don't really think Brees turned it around just because of competition, just illustrating a point of a QB getting better after a few years, and there was a competition. Do they correlate? I doubt it...although it did happen.

Don't make me find the post. It was the Mangini era, the jets were obviously in a 34, and giving up chunks of yards on the ground (per usual), that week you mentioned moving Ellis to OLB, so that someone could slide into DE. Anyway, i wouldn't have thought anything of it, had it not happened three days later on Sunday out of absolutely no where.

You're a strange man sperm...very strange indeed.

I don't really think Brees turned it around just because of competition, just illustrating a point of a QB getting better after a few years, and there was a competition. Do they correlate? I doubt it...although it did happen.

Don't make me find the post. It was the Mangini era, the jets were obviously in a 34, and giving up chunks of yards on the ground (per usual), that week you mentioned moving Ellis to OLB, so that someone could slide into DE. Anyway, i wouldn't have thought anything of it, had it not happened three days later on Sunday out of absolutely no where.

You're a strange man sperm...very strange indeed.

I may be strange, but Brees getting better had nothing to do with Rivers.  Brees had already won the starting job before Rivers reported.  I'm just saying competition isn't going to make a QB process what he sees more efficiently or make his release more consistent or improve the multitude of things that made him a star QB.  QB isn't a strength-type position where you can exert yourself harder when pushed (like working out harder or running with greater endurance or playing through pain).

Where's your better half? She used to post here all the time. Then I forget what. You moved to Detroit or something?

Rex is gay for sanchez, 100%

I seriously think Sanchez has single handedly ruined Rex Ryan. I was trying to figure out when and where I started to turn on Rex and realized it all had to do with Mark Sanchez. Sure, I'd roll my eyes at the "best roster", "super bowl" stuff. But it was Mark. It was always Mark...Wasn't it? Gross.

I find myself consistently intrigued by Churchill. He's one of the odder creatures of the JN universe, which is really saying something.

dbatesman is gay for churchill, 100%

I seriously think Sanchez has single handedly ruined Rex Ryan. I was trying to figure out when and where I started to turn on Rex and realized it all had to do with Mark Sanchez. Sure, I'd roll my eyes at the "best roster", "super bowl" stuff. But it was Mark. It was always Mark...Wasn't it? Gross.

Itr's grotesque, the way he's babied Mark. I do believe he has a crush on him

I may be strange, but Brees getting better had nothing to do with Rivers.  Brees had already won the starting job before Rivers reported.  I'm just saying competition isn't going to make a QB process what he sees more efficiently or make his release more consistent or improve the multitude of things that made him a star QB.  QB isn't a strength-type position where you can exert yourself harder when pushed (like working out harder or running with greater endurance or playing through pain).

Where's your better half? She used to post here all the time. Then I forget what. You moved to Detroit or something?

This is absolutely true. Brees turned the corner and started to look good the season before they drafted Rivers. I'm not reading back through to see what else has been argued, but I dub you the winner.

You know who manufactures the "quarterback A got better because of quarterback B" argument? People who bought into the PR spin that Tebow was suddenly going to make Sanchez a good QB. Sanchez has to make Sanchez a good QB, the spin of "competition to help Sanchez step up" is straight out of the marketing department.

That sh*t doesn't actually happen. 

Tebow also didn't make Sanchez a worse QB, that's another line of crap coming from Sanchez's camp that has marketing of their own to worry about.

I loved Rex when I realized he wasn't Mangini. Then I realized he was Rex and was like, "oh." *sad face*

Maybe not, there's a glimmer of hope.

That's a 6 right now.   But I did some checking and 6,9,16,19 are all QB and WRs.  19 was just cut.   

130104092350_rex-ryan-tattoo.jpg

Is that the tattoo he has!!! OMFG,  I never saw it. Between the story about him liking to watch guys do his wife, and now a tattoo of her wearing nothing but a Sanchez jersey, what other conclusion can you come to... holy sh*t

Archived