Brandon Lloyd

Be_a_Jet

Seems like a perfect scenario.

We can get the ex-pat for cheap. He's a solid veteran receiver. AND he'll be CHEAP! did i mention not expensive?

Sign this guy up today! Amiright?

Criticize away

Brandon is no longer fast.

Even when praising him, the announcers said that his big asset was experience, he wasn't going to run past anybody anymore.

I don't know how fast Braylon still is-he just turned 30-but I know that Brandon Lloyd is no longer a fast receiver.

I know what your saying but the media will just love it if we sign him. More Jets Circus story lines.

i hear ya....I think there will be enough attention on Geno however... and BE would probably go unnoticed on this roster....at least with the main stream media he will.

Seems like a perfect scenario.

We can get the ex-pat for cheap. He's a solid veteran receiver. AND he'll be CHEAP! did i mention not expensive?

Sign this guy up today! Amiright?

Criticize away

Since I do not remember him doing much of anything against us, I prefer he play for some other team and continue to fail against us.  Get me someone who smoked us, and I will consider it.

The Pats have a need at WR, too, and seem to want nothing to do with him. Pass.

The Pats seemed not to want anything to do with receivers period, so that doesnt make Lloyd look bad imo. They're probably passing on him because he doesnt fit their scheme. They didnt pass on him when he was successful in Denver. They probably realized that the style of offense they run he's simply not good in. I dont see this as some knock on him or something to look into unless "word has gotten out" about something which I havent heard of. We need talent and he's quite talented so I dont see the problem.

The Pats seemed not to want anything to do with receivers period, so that doesnt make Lloyd look bad imo. They're probably passing on him because he doesnt fit their scheme. They didnt pass on him when he was successful in Denver. They probably realized that the style of offense they run he's simply not good in. I dont see this as some knock on him or something to look into unless "word has gotten out" about something which I havent heard of. We need talent and he's quite talented so I dont see the problem.

Brandon Lloyd fit their system last year to the tune of 74 catches for 911 yards. I wouldn't buy that line of thinking at all. I think they see a guy on the downside of his career, and they're done with him - regardless of their need at the position. And those numbers are Brady-inflated. Brady makes receivers look a lot better than they otherwise would be. He's still on the market for a reason. He's old, average size, and was never anything special.

If the Jets have an interest in bringing in a veteran, the two years younger, three inches taller Braylon Edwards makes a ton more sense. A guy who's already demonstrated he can have some success with crappy QBs.

The pats dont want him because he ****s around every time he catches a ball.. plus he didn't make the Brady test, other than that

he is an excellent acrobatic receiver perfect for a dipsh*t like Mark to throw to .

Brandon Lloyd fit their system last year to the tune of 74 catches for 911 yards. I wouldn't buy that line of thinking at all. I think they see a guy on the downside of his career, and they're done with him - regardless of their need at the position. And those numbers are Brady-inflated. Brady makes receivers look a lot better than they otherwise would be. He's still on the market for a reason. He's old, average size, and was never anything special.

If the Jets have an interest in bringing in a veteran, the two years younger, three inches taller Braylon Edwards makes a ton more sense. A guy who's already demonstrated he can have some success with crappy QBs.

Kyle Orton isn't crappy now? 

LOL

People can't stop b*tching about what a cancer Holmes is, yet they want us to jump at the prospect of signing Lloyd?

Okay...

Ive been critical of Holmes as a cancer. Although he has been less of disruption in the locker room (probably because he was injured half the season) but now it just seems that he's indifferent and could just care less. 

I didnt know Lloyd was that type of player thou, if he is i guess i see what your saying. 

Patriots get rid of everybody, good and bad, its just a matter if they fit...and Lloyd didnt fit. 

It would be nice to have a player who would have a fire up his a$$ when playing the pats twice a year. 

Anyways, its all a matter of getting him cheap

449.jpg

ESPN New York reports "here have been rumors about possible interest" from the Jets in free agent Brandon Lloyd.
The Jets are looking for an experienced receiver, and they have been linked
to Ramses Barden, Josh Cribbs, and Braylon Edwards. Lloyd, 32 in July,
hasn't generated an ounce of interest since being released by the
Patriots nearly two months ago, but he's clearly the best receiver of
the four. He'd be solid veteran insurance should Santonio Holmes not
bounce back from his foot injury. May 8 - 9:37 PM

Archived