will the Jets keep 4 QB's going into week 1 or will Garrard or Mcelboy be dropped?

Blackout

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dunno, we'll have to take it as it goes.

Didn't we have 5 QB's on the roster under Mangini at some point?  Kliff Kingsbury was one of them I think.  It was a strange scenario as I recall.

i was hoping to never remember the Jets had a guy named "Kliff" on our roster at some point in my lifetime :D

I think we might as well hang on to all 4 just incase

with this crappy team we'll need as many healthy QB's as can be

Why would Garrard or McElroy be the one dropped?  That makes no sense to me.  If anyone is dropped, it would be Simms.  Beyond him, if any QB is dropped, it ought to be Sanchez imo.

The only QB whose job is completely safe in 2013 is Geno Smith.

I think the safe guess is Smith, Sanchez, and Garrard as the QBs on opening day, but a lot can happen between now and then. If Garrard is horrible, or gets hurt, he's gone. If Garrard and Smith are both playing well enough to merit starting, the team could look to cut ties with Sanchez. So McElroy's left to hope that Garrard is either great or terrible/injured, because otherwise he's pretty much out of a job.

If the fans are as brutal to Sanchez in the preseason as I believe they're capable of being, I really think he could be gone. It would be such a relief for the fan base.

There are only 3 viable starters - Geno, Sanchez and Garrard. I'd be shocked if they weren't the 3 there on opening day.

Garrard could easily be gone if he's terrible, hasn't played in a long time and he may just be finished, he has to prove he can play. Looks decreasingly like were cutting Sanchez lose, sadly, which in fact, makes him the favourite to start.

There are only 3 viable starters - Geno, Sanchez and Garrard. I'd be shocked if they weren't the 3 there on opening day.

Garrard could easily be gone if he's terrible, hasn't played in a long time and he may just be finished, he has to prove he can play. Looks decreasingly like were cutting Sanchez lose, sadly, which in fact, makes him the favourite to start.

52 turnovers in 2 years says Sanchez is not a viable starter.  That leaves only 2.

I think we might as well hang on to all 4 just incase

with this crappy team we'll need as many healthy QB's as can be

Garrard, Smith and Mcelroy or Simms will be the only 3 on the roster for the start of the season. Bank.

R U HIGH?

Garrard, MAYBE, Sanchez, my 4 year old is better than Sanchez

To early

Well, if that's true get the kid an agent.  

Sanchez had the year from hell last year.  Other then that he's been a middeling NFL QB

The only thing McElroy and Simms are going to be competing for is a spot on the practice squad.  Other than that, they'll need either an injury to one of the other QBs or some desperate team being willing to cough up something (anything) for Sanchez, in which case McElroy moves into the #3 spot and Simms to the PS.

Sanchez/Garrard>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Smith

Is it possible to be worse than Mark Sanchez?  

I'd like to see Smith, I dunno, play the game before making that statement.

As to the thread topic; the Jets will cut McElroy to help give him a heads start on his coaching career because that's the only future he has in the NFL.

One rival NFL executive predicted to NFL Network's Kim Jones that David Garrard will be the Jets' Week 1 starter if he stays healthy.

At age 35, Garrard is an obvious health risk after undergoing knee and back surgeries over the past two offseasons. The Dolphins released Garrard last September 4, and he spent 2012 out of football. While the Jets' quarterback job is wide open to competition, we believe Garrard is a longer shot than both Mark Sanchez and Geno Smith. The best preseason QB will start on Opening Day.
May 7 - 12:02 PM

Week 1 should be

1-Sanchez

2-Geno

3-McElroy

Garrard has always been a bum and now hasn't played in 2 years.

Simms has to be listed on roster as favor to father, I don't even count him.

No? Garrard was pretty good.  He had a couple of injuries the past 2 years but if he is healthy he could definitely lead an offense.  Much better than the sh!t show we had the last couple of years.

Archived