will the Jets keep 4 QB's going into week 1 or will Garrard or Mcelboy be dropped?

Blackout

Garrard hasn't played since 2010 and Geno doesn't know how to take a snap from under center.

Sanchez starting is actually the most likely outcome, if we are being honest with ourselves.  

We'll see, but for now we'll have to agree to disagree.  I think you have far too much faith in Idzik wanting anything to do with the worst of Tanny's worst (e.g., Sanchez, Vlad).  If anything, I think he'd be more than happy to send these guys packing if the rest of their competition does their part to make him feel confident enough.  Garrard's whole purpose for being here to begin with is so that the Jets' don't have to start Sanchez again unless they absolutely have to.  He'll be given every last possible chance to be this team's starter and considering the fact that all reports said he was by far the Dolphins' best QB in camp last year, I don't think it's that crazy to think that, health permitting, he'll succeed.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think it's that crazy to think that, health permitting, he'll succeed.

his health hasn't permitted for 3 seasons. btw I can agree that Garrard is the best QB on the roster but he's probably gonna get hurt. That's what he does. 

Like LaRon Landry last season, Garrard is going to prove all of the naysayers wrong.  He is fully healed from the knee and the back.  He is good to go, and will win the job.  He is, by far, the best choice to start Week 1.

Question. No way to get Sanchez to restructure in some fashion? Is the limiting factor that if we do, it would somehow extend him? We've gotten Holmes, someone I thought would be the last to agree to restructure. Is Sanchez impossible to redo so the hit is slightly better?

Like LaRon Landry last season, Garrard is going to prove all of the naysayers wrong.  He is fully healed from the knee and the back.  He is good to go, and will win the job.  He is, by far, the best choice to start Week 1.

When did Garrard become so good?

I think we might as well hang on to all 4 just incase

with this crappy team we'll need as many healthy QB's as can be

IMO Sanchez will be off the team in June. No need for the circus to continue.

Sanchez starting is actually the most likely outcome, if we are being honest with ourselves.  

Rex was so worried about pobrecito's feelings by the end of last season that he turned the position into a home-away platoon. Now he's going to start him in the most emotional home game we've had in two years so he can throw three picks to Revis? 

soooo, Garrard misses 1 season with a bad back and goes to Miami and wins the QB job against much stiffer competition than was have on Los Yets, BUT he cant miss another season with an unrelated injury and come in and beat out mark sanchez?  okay, I would be shocked if that happens.

Rex was so worried about pobrecito's feelings by the end of last season that he turned the position into a home-away platoon. Now he's going to start him in the most emotional home game we've had in two years so he can throw three picks to Revis? 

If the Jets want to "transition" by sucking so bad that they pick in the top 3 next year, who better to make that happen than Mark?

Question. No way to get Sanchez to restructure in some fashion? Is the limiting factor that if we do, it would somehow extend him? We've gotten Holmes, someone I thought would be the last to agree to restructure. Is Sanchez impossible to redo so the hit is slightly better?

Holmes didn't restructure, he took a paycut.  he is done with the jets after this season.

Garrard is competing against the 36th ranked QB last season.  There are only 32 teams, so you do the math.  He is also competing against a rookie, and 2 scrubs.  He is not Tom Brady, but I like him against this field.

No apology necessary, my friend..i was just busting your chops a little.... And you make many valid points and we both agree here that Geno is the future... so really anything that happens between now and then is like you said, a stopgap.  I guess we will have to see how it plays out over training camp but ultimately it will be interesting to see how Rex handles this QB situation as the season begins and progresses.  Go jets!

Thanks.  Nothing wrong with a little chops busting. 

Yes, it will be interesting to see how it plays out.  I, for one, have more hope and positive feelings about this team than I've had in a pretty good while.  Of course, if Sanchez starts and Rex continues with his same old patterns that could quickly go out the window, but for now at least, I'm excited about the future.  Here's to hoping the Jets will give us ALL good reason to be excited and hopeful about the future!!!  Go Jets!

Garrard is competing against the 36th ranked QB last season.  There are only 32 teams, so you do the math.  He is also competing against a rookie, and 2 scrubs.  He is not Tom Brady, but I like him against this field.

That makes two of you... you, and his mom. 

He's a real QB.  He isn't nearly a Manning/Rodgers/Brady/Brees level guy, but he was completing 2/3 of his passes to a much worse bunch of nobodies than Sanchez has sucked throwing to. 

Predict Sanchez's completion percentage and TD:INT ratio with a receiving group of Ernest Wilford, Dennis Northcutt, Reggie Williams, and Marcedes Lewis.  Weapons!!

He's a real QB.  He isn't nearly a Manning/Rodgers/Brady/Brees level guy, but he was completing 2/3 of his passes to a much worse bunch of nobodies than Sanchez has sucked throwing to. 

Predict Sanchez's completion percentage and TD:INT ratio with a receiving group of Ernest Wilford, Dennis Northcutt, Reggie Williams, and Marcedes Lewis.  Weapons!!

Bingo.  Nobody is trying to say Garrard is in any way a world-beater, but he's a legitimate solid starting QB in this league.  That's more than the Jets have had at the position for any of the past 6 seasons (outside of 11 games in 2008).  If the Jets had someone like Garrard during that time, it's a good money bet they would have played in at least one Super Bowl.

Archived