I see no reason why

Jacked4JetsFB

The only reason our receivers look so bad is Sanchez, plain and simple. Look at the Rams, all the sudden the same OC who we blamed for our offense is now leading a pretty good offense, why? QB. Look at Victor Cruz, and every other receiver the Giants strut out week after week other than Nicks. These guys are nobodies, but they are now considered good WR's because they have a QB who can actually throw it to them. Our WR's would be so much better than you guys perceive them with even an average QB. We have had one of the worst QB's of all time throwing to them (or so he says) WR's will be fine this year, Garrard/Smith will turn these guys into players.

The Rams Offense is Bottom third of the league what exactly has sh*tty accomplished with that team ? They certainly have more talent than we do.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yes Clyde Gates is Rod Smith, Bilal Powell is Arian Foster. And I'm talking out of my ass. 

Never said the bold.

I said UDFA can become valuable contributors, my hope, and yes I am hoping, is that they can be role-players. I have no expectation of them becoming studs, I was just slapping you in the mouth for implying street FAs don't amount to anything.

Also, Bilal Powell was drafted moron. If you are going to be petty, at least be factually accurate while you are doing it.

you are setting up a false choice between superstars and role players. It's a choice between role players and bums. Right now the Jets WR corp is Kerley, Hill and 13 bums. the TE corp is 4 bums. Could some of these bums become role players? It's possible but not likely. You are hoping. 

No, I'm not setting up false choice between superstars and role players, LOL. I scoffing at the outcry here that we "need" superstars, while suggesting that we have unprovens on the roster that could become role players. Big difference.

Why am I scoffing at it? Because people like you are saying "we didn't replace Keller's 60 catches, so we can't be a playoff team". Which is horses ass logic. Those 60 catches might turn into 60 carries, or be redistributed to 2-3 other people. The playoff hopes of this team do not hinge upon having marquee players to fill the stat sheet, not in a system predicated on getting modest contributions from more players, rather than major contributions from few.

Yes, it's a hopeful outlook.

LOL, congratulations though... you just told me what I'm happy to admit I've been saying all along. Good job buddy. 

we cannot be the Seahawks of this year or better.

Smith > Wilson & Rex >>>>>> Carrol

I think we are going to surprise a lot of people this year.

We may surprise a lot of people, but if we do, I will be one of the ones most surprised.  Rex is NOT a better HC than Carroll.  You're dreaming.  Nor is Smith better than Wilson at this point.  Smith probably won't start, and I hope he won't.  Smith has some fundamentals to work on, and he isn't as experienced or mature as Wilson.

Funny to me how everyone ignores it when a QB plays great some unknown WR becomes a star.  LOL

This is the reality of it all.

Anyway, the argument has digressed into polarization and trolling. Not worth the effort of continually fortifying the things I said in response to the spun-out paraphrasing. 

LOL. I scoffing at the outcry here that we "need" superstars, 

Im not saying they need superstars. Im saying they need talent. You are engaging in Clyde Gates + ??? = Profit type of thinking. There's no substitute for talent. Could it be undrafted talent? It could. It's a long shot but it could happen. the problem is that the Jets roster is full of longshots. at least at WR/TE.   

You guys cannot be serious with this sh*t. White and Gates aren't "role players." Kevin Walter is a role player. Brandon Lloyd is a role player. Jason Avant is a role player. White and Gates are lucky they're not on the taxi squad.

I don't blame you for feeling this way.  You are more likely to be right than I am, but I really like Clyde Gates.  Physically he is very gifted and he is a small school guy that was a basketball player first which is why he was drafted in the 4th.  He was cut with the Dolphins purge.  He may be too stupid and sloppy running routes for MM and he may have been a "Sparano guy" but I think he can play and will do some damage.  He can flat fly.  Jordan White I never could understand the love for - he looks like a slow nobody with very little upside, but who knows?

Kerley is a slot guy probably in the 800 yard range. 

I keep hearing this kind of sh*t about Kerley.  He had more than 800 last year.  That is with the worst QB play I can remember and nobody on the other side.  I'm not saying that Kerley is going to be Jerry Rice, but last year certainly didn't seem to be his ceiling. 

people like you are saying "we didn't replace Keller's 60 catches, so we can't be a playoff team". Which is horses ass logic. Those 60 catches might turn into 60 carries,  

Yes the Jets will replace Keller's 60 catches with 60 carries. .

And then Rex will step into the phone booth with Bill and ted so he can learn Vince Lombardi's playbooks from the "Seven Blocks of Granite" days at Fordham. 

This is the 2013 NFL not the 1953 NFL.

This is the reality of it all.

Anyway, the argument has digressed into polarization and trolling. Not worth the effort of continually fortifying the things I said in response to the spun-out paraphrasing. 

Sanchez reminds me of the car insurance commercial were the Dad is teaching the kid to throw the ball run.  LOL

Jordan White should step up this year.  Clyde sh!tty Gates is pretty terrible imo.

There was a problem last year with separation.  I don't know how much that had to do with Luigi's design but at least some of it can be attributed to the talent of our WR core.

Sanchez was pumping to his intended receiver all last year.  if MM cant fix that Sanchez deserves to be 3rd on the depth chart.  If Garrard is healthy, I hope he starts.

His only opening day loss was to Baltimore, ironically, the best season he's had as HC.

They barely pulled one out vs. the Cowboys 2 years ago with the Revis INT to put them in FG range.

Agreed with your point.  This season is all about seeing steady improvement as the season goes on, IMO.

IMO, that is what ALL Jets fans should be rooting for...seeing slow, steady improvement and development of younger players for the future, but not a very good record.  IMO making the playoffs this season would actually be detrimental to the team's long-term future.  We've already seen that happen with the sudden improvement the team made in Rex's first season.  While I don't think Idzik will succumb to Tanny level stupidity of going all in and then trying to build through expensive FAs rather than through the draft, it will create false expectations and will lower draft position.  

Many Jets fans don't believe in Smith as the Jets' future QB.  They should be rooting that we have a top 5 pick so that we have an excellent chance of getting Bridgewater, Manziel, or whatever other QB rises to the top during 2013.  

We still don't have a stud pass rusher at OLB.  Many of us Jets fans are upset about that.  They should be hoping that we have a top 5 pick so we have a shot at Clowney or another topflight pass rusher.

Many of us Jets fans think that Rex is a lousy HC and a clown, and the team will continue to be a circus and have little or no chance of ever winning a SB while he is the HC.  We should be hoping for a poor record to increase the chances that he will get the axe following the season and Idzik will be able to hire his own HC.

In short, for many Jets fans making the playoffs in 2013 would be fool's gold.  The Jets have absolutely zero chance of making it deep into the playoffs, much less the SB.  It's short term, immediate gratification, rather than being patient and waiting for the team to acquire the pieces they need so they can have a real shot at winning a Lombardi Trophy within the next 3-5 years.  If they make the playoffs this year, they will probably once again fail to acquire the pieces they need to put together a team with a chance to become dominant and a perennial contender for the Lombardi Trophy.

No way to know he plays with the worse QB in the league.  So you think Cruz and his momma would be doing Chunky Sup commercials if he played with Sanchez?

He's probably not a star like he is now, but Cruz's 2011 the stars aligned....he scored on a bunch of fluky long td's and had a cool dance and obviously the Giants won the SB.

He'd be putting up better than Kerley numbers with Sanchez and Kerley had a decent year last year so...

Bitonti is right here.  A Lis Franc injury is serious business for a WR.

The fact that Holmes took a major paycut without a peep indicates one of two things.

1) he has had an epiphany, and is suddenly a total team player

2)  Rehab isn’t going well, and he had no choice. 

I’ll go with #2

I think it's:

3) If he didn't take the pay cut the Jets threatened to release him (taking the hit) which could have led to the end of his NFL career.

There's no guarantee another team would sign him.  He needs this year to prove he can still play.  I never said there won't be side effects, just that he should be able to play.

Sad but true.  If only Rex's Jets had 9 months to prepare for every game, they'd be unstoppable.

Strangely enough, the Jets worst opener under Rex by far (vs Baltimore in 2010) was the start of their best season with him.  Of course they did make up for that the next week vs NE.

Not true.  Look at the team's records following byes.  I think they have one of, if not THE worst record in the NFL following bye weeks.  I'm not sure they have won a single game during Rex's tenure following a bye week.  That's usually been one of their worst games of the season.

He's probably not a star like he is now, but Cruz's 2011 the stars aligned....he scored on a bunch of fluky long td's and had a cool dance and obviously the Giants won the SB.

He'd be putting up better than Kerley numbers with Sanchez and Kerley had a decent year last year so...

Easy to say now.  But before he played with Eli and went un drafted this statement be tuffer to make. 

Easy to say now.  But before he played with Eli and went un drafted this statement be tuffer to make. 

Well true, but the Giants were close to cutting him too....no one saw the Cruz thing coming.

Why all the Clyde Gates hate?  He didn't do that bad for being thrust into a prominent role because of injury a couple weeks after being signed.

I'm looking forward to seeing if MM will be able to utilize the strengths of the skill position players we do have..  Something Spazzano failed miserably at. 

I don't blame you for feeling this way.  You are more likely to be right than I am, but I really like Clyde Gates.  Physically he is very gifted and he is a small school guy that was a basketball player first which is why he was drafted in the 4th.  He was cut with the Dolphins purge.  He may be too stupid and sloppy running routes for MM and he may have been a "Sparano guy" but I think he can play and will do some damage.  He can flat fly.  Jordan White I never could understand the love for - he looks like a slow nobody with very little upside, but who knows?

I keep hearing this kind of sh*t about Kerley.  He had more than 800 last year.  That is with the worst QB play I can remember and nobody on the other side.  I'm not saying that Kerley is going to be Jerry Rice, but last year certainly didn't seem to be his ceiling. 

never said it was his ceiling but im using the numbers he put up what would you have me do ? you think hes that much better than 800 yards per in the slot ? That might very well take a lot of factors into account

Im not saying they need superstars. Im saying they need talent. You are engaging in Clyde Gates + ??? = Profit type of thinking. There's no substitute for talent. Could it be undrafted talent? It could. It's a long shot but it could happen. the problem is that the Jets roster is full of longshots. at least at WR/TE.   

You said not replacing Keller = not replacing 60 catches = no playoffs. 

I'm arguing your logic, without putting words in your mouth or distilling your statements into idiotic misinterpretation. I don't need to go that route.

I agree... we need talent. That said, my counterpoint to your juvenile logic about Keller, is that 60 catches can be replaced by lesser talented role-players, 30 for Hayden, 30 for Cumberland and you get your 60 without having a equally as talented guy as Keller. We see it all the time in the league.

It will come down to the play of the QB, and Morninwheg's ability to leverage 1-dimensional scrubs and role-players. Yes, I'm hopeful, but we've seen the right QB and right OC combine to turn scrubs into viable producers time and again in this league. 

So, back to your original point, our playoff fate isn't tied to Keller not being replaced... it's tied to the QB play, and how well this WCO is implemented. 

Yes the Jets will replace Keller's 60 catches with 60 carries. .

And then Rex will step into the phone booth with Bill and ted so he can learn Vince Lombardi's playbooks from the "Seven Blocks of Granite" days at Fordham. 

This is the 2013 NFL not the 1953 NFL.

Wait.... you just made a Bill & Ted's reference while trying to troll/rip on me for implying something that is "outdated"? 

Really?

Sanchez reminds me of the car insurance commercial were the Dad is teaching the kid to throw the ball run.  LOL

The other day watching that commercial... I laughed, and said to my wife, "Maybe Idzik can get this guy to join the quarterback competition..."

She said, "What's an idzik?"

Yes, I'm hopeful, but we've seen the right QB and right OC combine to turn scrubs into viable producers time and again in this league. .

Except you don't even have viable scrubs at receiver right now.

The best case scenario for al y'all sad homer-clowns this year is that the Brick-Winters-Mangold left side of the line dominates and Ivory/Goodson combine for 2,000 yards, which could get you 7 wins if the defense hasn't taken a step back.

Why all the Clyde Gates hate?  He didn't do that bad for being thrust into a prominent role because of injury a couple weeks after being signed.

I'm looking forward to seeing if MM will be able to utilize the strengths of the skill position players we do have..  Something Spazzano failed miserably at. 

How quickly people overlook that.

Which is why I've stuck to my guns saying QB play + system and OC, can potentially = up-leveling production from scrubs

We see it all the time.

The other day watching that commercial... I laughed, and said to my wife, "Maybe Idzik can get this guy to join the quarterback competition..."

She said, "What's an idzik?"

Tell her first name of the next child if we win the superbowl. 

Archived