I see no reason why

Jacked4JetsFB

Nice breakdown.  Proves what I said earlier in the thread.  They found a QB.  Thats it.  Thats all.  Same exact skills players from the year before.  Put Sanchez on that team and we'd all be bent out of shape about how bad our WR's are.

Wilson also had the benefit of a great back, run game and better pass pro.

And there's a reason they felt the need to go out and get Harvin this season....they knew their WR needed to be upgraded.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think you guys are setting your sights too low. Why don't we hold out hope that the 2013 Jets can be the 91 49ers, with a scrappy 3rd round QB and a slow, but great, WRlolololololol

If the Jets start out 0-2 will you let out a series of sinster laughs followed by intense masturbation sessions?

For those concerned about the TE position. I read this today, it's speculative and tied to fantasy football jibba-jabba from Rotoworld, but...

13. Zach Ertz, TE, Eagles
When Stanford’s Ertz torched Oregon for an 11/106/1 line last season, Chip Kelly was watching. The Eagles used the No. 35 overall pick to snatch the fluid pass-catcher, who is too big for corners at 6’5/249 and too fast for linebackers at 4.76. Ertz is more athletic than first-round tight end Tyler Eifert and has a clearer path to playing time.Brent Celek could be released and Clay Harbor is backup-caliber at best. The fact that Ertz is inept as a blocker is actually a good thing for fantasy owners – Kelly knows the kid’s role.

Morninwheg would likely welcome Celek to our offense, if he is in fact released.

Oh, but what's that you say? The roster as of May 7th is the be all, end all? It cannot possibly get any better?

Oh, okay.

For those concerned about the TE position. I read this today, it's speculative and tied to fantasy football jibba-jabba from Rotoworld, but...

Morninwheg would likely welcome Celek to our offense, if he is in fact released.

Oh, but what's that you say? The roster as of May 7th is the be all, end all? It cannot possibly get any better?

Oh, okay.

OMG they would roll out the red carpet for Brent Celek.

And by red carpet I mean assuming he will play for veteran minimum :) 

OMG they would roll out the red carpet for Brent Celek.

And by red carpet I mean assuming he will play for veteran minimum :)

haha, yup.

They might not even bother though, part of Idzik's approach seems to be to make sure he maximizes the amount of comp picks he gets next year. I don't know how all that works, but I say this assuming any vet we sign works against the goal of getting lots of picks for all the FA's we lost.

haha, yup.

They might not even bother though, part of Idzik's approach seems to be to make sure he maximizes the amount of comp picks he gets next year. I don't know how all that works, but I say this assuming any vet we sign works against the goal of getting lots of picks for all the FA's we lost.

Comp picks actually only counts players who become UFAs because of expired contracts on both sides of the equation.  So anyone the Jets cut that is signed by another team doesn't count in their favor but also anyone who another team cuts that the Jets sign doesn't count against them.  That's why you saw the Jets focusing most of their FA signings on cut players.  I'm pretty sure Barnes and Garay were the only signings they made that weren't cut players (maybe Goodson too?).  If the price is right, I'm sure they'd be more than happy to make a run at Celek.

Archived