• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#26 HessStation

HessStation

FightThePower

• Members
  • 23,289 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:05 PM

Had the Dolan's been awarded the Jets one thing is certain; at least the Jets would be NOT winning super bowls in their own stadium on the West Side of the city-and that would have been much cooler than another Giants Stadium in NJ

ugg, you drove in straight for the central nervoua system. Ok, I was trying to remain objective with the Woody thing...but come to think of it....**** that GUY!!!

Edited by HessStation, 07 May 2013 - 09:06 PM.

#27 jetsjetsjetss

jetsjetsjetss

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 2,610 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:08 PM

I don't hate him, just thing he's a clueless doofus and the deck is stacked against the Jets ever getting to, much less winning a SB as long as he owns the team.

After promising the Jets their own stadium, he didn't do his homework and failed miserably having to share with the Giants.

He knows nothing about the game and hired that bean counter Tanny as GM and hired one bad HC after another.  

After Parcells left, he had the opportunity to replace the team President.  He could have hired a respected football man to run the football side of the franchise and trusted him to make the decisions.  Instead, he hire yet another marketing man as team President.,

He has allowed the team to become a circus and the laughingstock of the media and NFL again.

While Idzik seems to be doing a really good job, there were several more highly qualified GM candidates with a lot more experience and knowledge of personnel and scouting, but Woody either didn't want them or they didn't want the Jets because of Woody's cluelessness and the circus atmosphere here.

Woody, is only a slightly better Leon Hess, and Hess was a total numbnuts moron.  Him I hated.  Woody hasn't done the same amount of damage for as long as Hess did, but sometimes it seems as if he's trying his best to outdo Hess.

who? the guy from san fran everyone thought sucked after his interview?

#28 HessStation

HessStation

FightThePower

• Members
  • 23,289 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:46 PM

From everything I've read Idzik seems very well respected around the league. Not sure what that's worth but you'd have to at least give it a, step in the right direction.

#29 SenorGato

SenorGato

Schottenhomer

• Members
  • 19,629 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:12 PM

Ah, go **** yourself with your toy sports franchise. 

We sick an' tired of-a your ism-skism game. Dyin' 'n' goin' to heaven in-a Jesus' name, Lord. We know when we understand:

Almighty God is a living man. - Bob Marley "Get up Stand up"

#30 JerryK

JerryK

Supreme Chancellor

• Members
  • 4,153 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:14 PM

Someday Woody's going to need a plumber.  When it happens, I really hope the guy is a Jets fan who read his comments.

"Sir, we'll have the toilets working soon, but you'll need to be patient."

"Great news...We spoke to your neighbors, and they've agreed to let you use their toilets for the next 50 years.".

Edited by JerryK, 07 May 2013 - 10:19 PM.

Avatar=whoever eliminates Brady.

#31 SenorGato

SenorGato

Schottenhomer

• Members
  • 19,629 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:17 PM

Woody's closest neighbor is miles and miles and miles and miles away on all sides. That's why that one is funny. 

Edited by SenorGato, 07 May 2013 - 10:17 PM.

We sick an' tired of-a your ism-skism game. Dyin' 'n' goin' to heaven in-a Jesus' name, Lord. We know when we understand:

Almighty God is a living man. - Bob Marley "Get up Stand up"

#32 PatriotReign37

PatriotReign37

500 warning points and counting.

• Members
  • 9,461 posts
  • LocationThe road to Seacacus

Posted 08 May 2013 - 06:50 AM

ha...and I just noticed that the dickhead original poster added, "fans" to a quote that was already being paraphrased. 

///cherry on top.

Be patient, Im just the messenger.

Johnson speaks like the confident owner of a home under construction,
believing in a finished product he can only see in blueprints. He will
not call this a rebuilding process. But he asks that fans be patient.

Edited by PatriotReign37, 08 May 2013 - 06:50 AM.

#33 HessStation

HessStation

FightThePower

• Members
  • 23,289 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:06 AM

There's no direct quote of him saying, the fans should be patient. You're paraphrasing what's being paraphrased.

#34 stugotz81

stugotz81

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:19 AM

What pisses me off about Woody, is this(the Jets)... is his fckn hobby!  The Jets to me, are my fckn life!  

You can’t fly with eagles when you keep walking with turkeys

#35 HessStation

HessStation

FightThePower

• Members
  • 23,289 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:22 AM

My bad, correction, you are actually quoting what's been paraphrased. So I'll give you that.

#36 HessStation

HessStation

FightThePower

• Members
  • 23,289 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:25 AM

What pisses me off about Woody, is this(the Jets)... is his fckn hobby! The Jets to me, are my fckn life!

It's a hobby for 80% of these owners. I don't like Woody either but in the grand scheme of things, who cares. I just hope he lucked into the right GM in Idzik.

#37 JoeKlecko

JoeKlecko

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 1,800 posts
  • LocationHigh Point, NC

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:40 AM

who? the guy from san fran everyone thought sucked after his interview?

You mean Tom Gamble?  WHO thought he sucked?

There were other excellent candidates available, but several of them immediately said they had zero interest in the Jets job.  I can't remember their names, and don't have the time to research who they were, but there were at least 3-4 who were better candidates than Idzik.

Rex Ryan, the bag lady of NFL HCs.

#38 SoFlaJets

SoFlaJets

2005 Walk-on free agent

• Members
  • 33,777 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:53 AM

What pisses me off about Woody, is this(the Jets)... is his fckn hobby!  The Jets to me, are my fckn life!  

You want to know why I hate this guy now more than ever?  

Woody Johnson puts Mitt Romney winning presidential election ahead of winning season for NY Jets on wish list Jets owner, when asked if he'd rather see the Jets have a winning season or a Republican in the White House, says 'you always have to put country first.'

http://www.nydailyne...ticle-1.1172131

Edited by SoFlaJets, 08 May 2013 - 10:54 AM.

#39 faba

faba

• Moderators
  • 24,588 posts
  • LocationHolmdel

Posted 08 May 2013 - 11:04 AM

When the other team in town has won twice in 5 years-patience is not a virtue.

Treat people with how you want to be treated-with respect.

#40 Pac

Pac

ayyyyy

• Members
  • 13,721 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 11:05 AM

There were other excellent candidates available, but several of them immediately said they had zero interest in the Jets job.  I can't remember their names, and don't have the time to research who they were, but there were at least 3-4 who were better candidates than Idzik.

There was 1... and he played the Jets to get more money from Shaka Kahn.

#41 jetsjetsjetss

jetsjetsjetss

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 2,610 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 11:58 AM

no there wasnt and also everyone thought gamble sucked

even before the jets announced idzik i was told by a retired GM that gamble came off as soft and blew the interviews with basically every team

no one wanted to give that guy a GM job

Edited by jetsjetsjetss, 08 May 2013 - 12:01 PM.

#42 j4jets

j4jets

Numbers guy!

• Members
  • 781 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 08 May 2013 - 12:08 PM

I just hate whenever I see anywhere that Woody has spoken.  Now he is saying that Sanchez will be coming to camp to competen (heard this on a WFAN 20/20).  Another phony Jet scenario.  I truly believe that Sanchez will be gone some time this summer.  So putting this forward is disingenuous, even if it is technically correct.  Why do the Jets/Woody do things like this?  Can't the guy just stay home and keep his mouth shut?

If I spent $635 millions to buy the team and spend every penny of the salary cap each year, I would definitely want to interact with those that support the team.

#43 JoeKlecko

JoeKlecko

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 1,800 posts
  • LocationHigh Point, NC

Posted 08 May 2013 - 01:11 PM

no there wasnt and also everyone thought gamble sucked

even before the jets announced idzik i was told by a retired GM that gamble came off as soft and blew the interviews with basically every team

no one wanted to give that guy a GM job

Yes there was, and you still haven't explained who the "everyone" who thought Gamble sucked.  That's utter BS and your own opinion, not that of most Jets fans or of people in the NFL.  Gamble is every bit as respected as Idzik, and he has had a lot more to do with putting the Niners team together than Idzik ever did with Seattle.

Get real.

Rex Ryan, the bag lady of NFL HCs.

#44 jetsjetsjetss

jetsjetsjetss

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 2,610 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:21 PM

Yes there was, and you still haven't explained who the "everyone" who thought Gamble sucked.  That's utter BS and your own opinion, not that of most Jets fans or of people in the NFL.  Gamble is every bit as respected as Idzik, and he has had a lot more to do with putting the Niners team together than Idzik ever did with Seattle.

Get real.

? what do you mean i thought it mad it clear. He applied for GM jobs throughout the NFL and was the presumed front runner but the people in the NFL said he sh*t the bed during the interview. It was his to lose and hes lost it

saying he put niners together more then idzik in seattle is also laughable. Gamble was there when they sucked and the 49ers didnt turn around until they got a new GM whom i give all the credit of rebuilding the 49ers to

edit: if he really was the mastermind behind the 49ers rebuilding the 49ers didnt seem to care when they let him go to the eagles for a lateral move.

Edited by jetsjetsjetss, 08 May 2013 - 02:35 PM.

#45 CrazyCarl40

CrazyCarl40

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 11,129 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:28 PM

Be patient with this team, but still come out and spend lots of money! I wish he'd just stop talking.

#46 HessStation

HessStation

FightThePower

• Members
  • 23,289 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:58 PM

I could defend Woody here for getting ripped unfairly but he deserves it enough for a bunch of other reasons so rock on.

#47 Lupz27

Lupz27

2nd year player looking for a breakout season.

• Members
  • 3,652 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:17 PM

people beat this guy up because they say all he does it try to make headlines

now they beating em up for saying be patient? Which from my understanding is the exact opposite of flashy headlines

BUT he intentionally stated this to make MORE headlines!!!!  So your statement is incorrect, Woody is being consistent in who he is, he will do whatever it takes to keep his football teams name in the spot light, and when he has exhausted all football related ways, he then went the circus route, now that Idzik is trying to close the circus down, he has to make headlines by publicly stating something that is obvious from the gameplan this team used this offseason, and draft.  He needs to learn to just shut his mouth, let the football people handle the operation, and his spotlight will come one day, and it will come the right way with him excepting the Lombardi trophy in front of 100's of million people watching around the world.  But as long as he keeps pulling these look at me, look at me antics instead of running a football franchise properly he will never get that oppurtonity, a lesson unfortunatley for us Jets fans he will never learn, so he will never get that trophy handed to him!

#48 Bleedin Green

Bleedin Green

SuperTwat

• Members
  • 20,383 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:17 PM

Get real.

What exactly is your point?  Are you seriously complaining that the Jets didn't hire someone to be the GM that not a single team in the league wanted as their GM over a guy you have yourself admitted to have been happy with to date?  It sure seems like a pretty desperate attempt to completely fabricate a reason to whine about Woody.

Even if those around the NFL don't think he sucks, obviously Gamble isn't thought of as amazingly highly as you're trying to paint it either, considering that with numerous GM jobs available all around the league, he failed to land a single one of them.  At the very least, he went from being considered the front-runner for the Jets' job to not even being one of the finalists for the position.  That's quite the fall, so obviously they didn't come away all that impressed.

By day he's the (not so) mild-mannered Bleedin Green, but by night...

#49 jetsjetsjetss

jetsjetsjetss

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 2,610 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:18 PM

BUT he intentionally stated this to make MORE headlines!!!!  So your statement is incorrect, Woody is being consistent in who he is, he will do whatever it takes to keep his football teams name in the spot light, and when he has exhausted all football related ways, he then went the circus route, now that Idzik is trying to close the circus down, he has to make headlines by publicly stating something that is obvious from the gameplan this team used this offseason, and draft.  He needs to learn to just shut his mouth, let the football people handle the operation, and his spotlight will come one day, and it will come the right way with him excepting the Lombardi trophy in front of 100's of million people watching around the world.  But as long as he keeps pulling these look at me, look at me antics instead of running a football franchise properly he will never get that oppurtonity, a lesson unfortunatley for us Jets fans he will never learn, so he will never get that trophy handed to him!

idk man i dont think these are headlines. Just blips if i wasnt following this forum i would never know he even mentioned this

headline headlines = tebow trade, if he got geno smith at 9 or 13, declaring super bowls, etc.

Edited by jetsjetsjetss, 08 May 2013 - 03:19 PM.

#50 bitonti

bitonti

Draft Bathroom Attendant

• Members
  • 14,507 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:27 PM

week 1 is 4 months away.

And Woody wants us to be patient.

for when, 2016?

dont get be wrong I like that the team has a non-insane plan but it could be very ugly in the near term. 

My posts have to get worse, so they can get better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users