• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

#1 Jetsfan80

Jetsfan80

Hall Of Famer

• Members
  • 46,216 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 02:15 PM

A lot of people here are assuming that Sanchez is Rex's boy, and he'll probably end up going with him just because.

I disagree.  Rex had already tied himself to Sanchez for 4 seasons, and it got his boss fired.  For self-preservation purposes, it only makes sense for Rex to put as much distance between him and Sanchez as possible.  We know Sanchez is gone, whether it be this year or next, but we DON'T know that Rex is gone for sure, and I imagine he hasn't exactly resigned himself to getting fired.

It only makes sense for him to go with Garrard or Geno.  Otherwise he'll be exiting stage left with Sanchez and they can be as close of friends as they'd like to be.

Unless of course Rex still really believes Sanchez will be a good QB, in which case he deserves to be fired anyways.  I still support a future with Rex Ryan, but if there is one thing that would rightfully get him fired, its that.

sheesh, I'm a doosh.

#2 jetsjetsjetss

jetsjetsjetss

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 2,622 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 02:20 PM

A lot of people here are assuming that Sanchez is Rex's boy, and he'll probably end up going with him just because.

I disagree.  Rex had already tied himself to Sanchez for 4 seasons, and it got his boss fired.  For self-preservation purposes, it only makes sense for Rex to put as much distance between him and Sanchez as possible.  We know Sanchez is gone, whether it be this year or next, but we DON'T know that Rex is gone for sure, and I imagine he hasn't exactly resigned himself to getting fired.

It only makes sense for him to go with Garrard or Geno.  Otherwise he'll be exiting stage left with Sanchez and they can be as close of friends as they'd like to be.

Unless of course Rex still really believes Sanchez will be a good QB, in which case he deserves to be fired anyways.  I still support a future with Rex Ryan, but if there is one thing that would rightfully get him fired, its that.

thats the problem. I cant think of any reason rex would go with sanchez

the other problem is I have no idea why he whent with him last year either.

#3 JiF

JiF

President of the Rex Ryan Fan Club

• Members
  • 36,936 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between Heaven and Hell

Posted 09 May 2013 - 02:21 PM

He's a sexy ass mofo.  Thats why.

Posted Image

#4 JADEDGREEN

JADEDGREEN

Annoying

• Banned
  • 2,160 posts
  • LocationFree

Posted 09 May 2013 - 02:22 PM

Yup, it only made sense for him to go with someone else last year too.

#5 Klecko73isGod

Klecko73isGod

Anchor Salesman

• Members
  • 21,794 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 02:39 PM

Two words: pretty feet. 

Posted Image

A RYAN ALWAYS SAUSAGES HIS FROSTED FLAKES

#6 HessStation

HessStation

FightThePower

• Members
  • 23,700 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 02:47 PM

It's not Mark's fault. It's everyone else's.

#7 The Crusher

The Crusher

Comeback Player of the year 2016

• Moderators
  • 29,225 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 02:59 PM

Guy has a tat of his wife wearing his jersey on his arm.  What the hell exactly are you disagreeing with?

#8 slats

slats

9 5/8" hands

• Moderators
  • 19,126 posts
  • LocationAcross the Universe

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:06 PM

As scary as it may be, Sanchez could emerge as the best option. That's where this team is currently at.
back in my room
wish you were dead
you bawl like the baby
in Eraserhead

#9 stugotz81

stugotz81

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:07 PM

As scary as it may be, Sanchez could emerge as the best option. That's where this team is currently at.

bingo!

You can’t fly with eagles when you keep walking with turkeys

#10 stugotz81

stugotz81

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:08 PM

bingo!

and FML

You can’t fly with eagles when you keep walking with turkeys

#11 Jetsfan80

Jetsfan80

Hall Of Famer

• Members
  • 46,216 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:13 PM

Before taking a single snap, Geno is our best option.  It's just a matter of how early we want to throw him into the fire.  If we prefer to wait, a healthy Garrard absolutely cannot be a worse option than Sanchez. 

Edited by Jetsfan80, 09 May 2013 - 03:13 PM.

sheesh, I'm a doosh.

#12 Joe Jets fan

Joe Jets fan

not sure

• Members
  • 801 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:14 PM

he will go with Sanchez because we signed a old man that was not that good when he was young and a kid that could have major problems and in no way shape or form should start the 1st game of the season. 

#13 SayNoToDMC

SayNoToDMC

In search of terminally ill online girlfriend

• Members
  • 6,549 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:16 PM

Why would you get that tattoo? or post videos as an NFL coach of you and your wife? If you're trying to get into Rex's psyche bang your head into the wall for a half hour and try again.

28ad228d-4df6-4b64-b890-b5246112bd82.jpg

#14 Kleckineau

Kleckineau

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 3,362 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:23 PM

I don't think he will start Sanchez but if he does it will only provide further proof the guy is a stubborn fool who cannot admit his mistakes.
He can always have Mrs Ryan's tat lasered.
"20 years ago, we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Jobs. Now we have no Cash, no Hope and no Jobs. Please don’t let Kevin Bacon die.” Bill Murray

#15 slats

slats

9 5/8" hands

• Moderators
  • 19,126 posts
  • LocationAcross the Universe

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:24 PM

Before taking a single snap, Geno is our best option.  It's just a matter of how early we want to throw him into the fire.  If we prefer to wait, a healthy Garrard absolutely cannot be a worse option than Sanchez. 

Garrard has a lot of rust on his fragile bones, too.

I hear you about Sanchez. I think the Jets should cut him. His contract makes that a difficult thing for the owner, though. I understand that, too. I think PR will play a role in who QBs the team this year. It wouldn't surprise me to see Geno start opening day. It just wouldn't surprise me to see Mark there, either.
back in my room
wish you were dead
you bawl like the baby
in Eraserhead

#16 Jetsfan80

Jetsfan80

Hall Of Famer

• Members
  • 46,216 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:26 PM

he will go with Sanchez because we signed a old man that was not that good when he was young and a kid that could have major problems and in no way shape or form should start the 1st game of the season. 

Garrard in his prime >>>>>> Sanchez.  There can be no dispute to this.  And you can definitely make a case that now, even at 35, if healthy, he's better.  Compare their careers and its not really even close:

DVOA Rankings

Garrard

2005:  11th

2006:  24th

2007:  3rd

2008:  17th

2009:  23rd

2010:  24th

Sanchez

2009:  35th

2010:  28th

2011:  29th

2012:  35th

The only edge Sanchez has on Garrard is "he played out the last 2 seasons".  Otherwise through his career, even Garrard at his worst is better than Sanchez at his best.  You can't tell me he (or Geno) wouldn't outperform the numbers Sanchez threw up.

And as Sperm has mentioned:

1)  Garrard was probably going to win the job over Tannehill with Miami last year before his injury according to reports at the time.

2)  Sanchez has had better receivers in all 4 of his years in the league than Garrard ever had.

Edited by Jetsfan80, 09 May 2013 - 03:29 PM.

sheesh, I'm a doosh.

#17 Scott Dierking

Scott Dierking

Jerk

• Members
  • 13,221 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:31 PM

You are assuming Rex thinks logically. Rex is the ULTIMATE players coach. He hates to deliver bad news and he carries strong emotions for "his" guys. 

Edited by Scott Dierking, 09 May 2013 - 03:33 PM.

Originally Posted by Blackout
LOL ignorance is bless.

#18 jbone

jbone

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 435 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:55 PM

All Sanchez needs to succeed are some All-Pro Guards, Tackles, WRs, RBs and the reincarnation of Bill Walsh to coach him. 

And by succeed, I mean, not sucking quite so much.

Edited by jbone, 09 May 2013 - 04:00 PM.

#19 T0mShane

T0mShane

Gluten for punishment

• Members
  • 26,387 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:58 PM

Rex has three possible routes. You decide which route best serves his desire to remain employed here:

1. The Sanchez Option: He can start Sanchez in the hopes that Marty Mornhinweg is The Guy who gets Sanchez to play like Jeff Garcia.

REX PERSPECTIVE: Getting Sanchez straightened out will go over well with Woody, who will finally get some return on the $50 mil he's paid Mark Sanchez. The risk is that Sanchez sucks, the team quits because they're sick of Rex's love affair with him, and Rex gets whacked at mid season.

2. The Garrard Option: Garrard's a veteran who has been relatively successful in the league. If he can be a net positive at the position and not turn it over, Rex's defense could conceivably carry the team into playoff contention.

REX PERSPECTIVE: Winning with what is projected to be a bad team will boost Rex's profile instantly, and will get him extended here, or an immediate hire elsewhere. Benching Sanchez could also get Rex a clean slate in the locker room, showing that he's no longer coddling a loser. The risk is that he burns bridges with Sanchez, Garrard gets injured, Geno's not ready, and the season implodes.

3. The Geno Option: Geno could be Russell Wilson.

REX PERSPECTIVE: Playing the rookie early instantly drops expectations for job performance into the basement, and makes the likely 59-3 drubbings by the Pats and Falcons more understandable. Also gives Rex the chance to look like he's part of the rebuild, as opposed to being the reason for the rebuild. The risk is that Geno can't overcome the lack of offensive talent and melts down, and the season implodes.
Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

#20 Scott Dierking

Scott Dierking

Jerk

• Members
  • 13,221 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 04:07 PM

Rex has three possible routes. You decide which route best serves his desire to remain employed here:

1. The Sanchez Option: He can start Sanchez in the hopes that Marty Mornhinweg is The Guy who gets Sanchez to play like Jeff Garcia.

REX PERSPECTIVE: Getting Sanchez straightened out will go over well with Woody, who will finally get some return on the $50 mil he's paid Mark Sanchez. The risk is that Sanchez sucks, the team quits because they're sick of Rex's love affair with him, and Rex gets whacked at mid season.

2. The Garrard Option: Garrard's a veteran who has been relatively successful in the league. If he can be a net positive at the position and not turn it over, Rex's defense could conceivably carry the team into playoff contention.

REX PERSPECTIVE: Winning with what is projected to be a bad team will boost Rex's profile instantly, and will get him extended here, or an immediate hire elsewhere. Benching Sanchez could also get Rex a clean slate in the locker room, showing that he's no longer coddling a loser. The risk is that he burns bridges with Sanchez, Garrard gets injured, Geno's not ready, and the season implodes.

REX PERSPECTIVE: Playing the rookie early instantly drops expectations for job performance into the basement, and makes the likely 59-3 drubbings by the Pats and Falcons more understandable. Also gives Rex the chance to look like he's part of the rebuild, as opposed to being the reason for the rebuild. The risk is that Geno can't overcome the lack of offensive talent and melts down, and the season implodes.

That is way too much thinking for Rex. He attends defensive meetings, helps install defensive game plans for that game and names captains. After that is either Mr happy or Mr Surly at the podium. Wash, rinse, repeat.

Originally Posted by Blackout
LOL ignorance is bless.

#21 LionelRichie

LionelRichie

Veteran

• Members
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 04:18 PM

This is a pretty good analysis - the one thing you left out for Sanchez is the fan reaction.     If Sanchez is the QB this year he can't just be "better", he has to be almost perfect.   Sanchez is going to be booed relentlessly this season and if he doesn't start 'hot' there is really no way I can see Woody tolerating a season of fulltime booing.   

#22 PatriotReign37

PatriotReign37

500 warning points and counting.

• Members
  • 9,605 posts
  • LocationThe road to Seacacus

Posted 09 May 2013 - 04:21 PM

Either way Rex is a goner.

Half the coaching staff is gone. Approximately a dozen players from last season are gone. Revis is gone. A new offense is being installed.

Falcons

Steelers

Saints

Ravens

Pats

Dolphins

Theres at least 6 losses in the bank right there. 8 wins for the Jets this season would be a success, but the playoffs are not happening and thats Rexs 3rd year in a row. Asta Lavista.

#23 The Crusher

The Crusher

Comeback Player of the year 2016

• Moderators
  • 29,225 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 04:49 PM

Either way Rex is a goner.

Half the coaching staff is gone. Approximately a dozen players from last season are gone. Revis is gone. A new offense is being installed.

Falcons

Steelers

Saints

Ravens

Pats

Dolphins

Theres at least 6 losses in the bank right there. 8 wins for the Jets this season would be a success, but the playoffs are not happening and thats Rexs 3rd year in a row. Asta Lavista.

Yeah because your ability to prognosticate well documented.  LOL

http://forums.jetnat...patriotreign37/

#24 TechJet

TechJet

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 360 posts
  • LocationSomewhere on earth in the US eastern time zone

Posted 09 May 2013 - 04:56 PM

thats the problem. I cant think of any reason rex would go with sanchez

the other problem is I have no idea why he whent with him last year either.

He lost so much weight his sense of QB reasoning got cloudy and unpredictible. 

#25 CrazyCarl40

CrazyCarl40

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 11,296 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 05:04 PM

For the record, if it's between Garrard (even if he stays miraculously healthy) and Geno, I'd go the rook all day. All. Day.  Garrard does nothing for this team at 35 years old.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users