Why would Rex choose Sanchez?

Jetsfan80

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did the Jets check Garrard's knee in full pads against rushing defensive players? I doubt it.

No, he's statistically not. All of them had worse QB Ratings than Sanchez. So, yeah.  You're wrong.

QB ratings have become inflated with each passing year.  Best to compare Sanchez's QB rating to the rest of the league in the particular years he played rather than compare it across generations of QB's.

In 2005, when Bollinger played in 11 games, he was the 38th ranked QB in the NFL in DVOA.  Sanchez has hovered between 28th and 35th in that category in his 4 years.

So yeah, I guess you can say Sanchez was better than Brooks f***ing Bollinger.  Yippee.

Reality is 2013 is more or less a lost year. This team will no compete for the playoffs.  You can spout all of the Sanchez numbers you want, but the reality is he is the best option for the Jets next season because there is no sense in winning one or two extra games. None. Let Geno sit and learn, let Sanchez bumble away games and let's get this team ready for 2014.  Garrard is welcome to stay as the #2, if his head doesn't fall off or suffer some other malady, but at this point he is just training camp fodder.

Dude. Is your argument really that Sanchez should start because the Jets are better off losing? That trotting out the worst QB is the best case scenario? And you use the word "reality" to describe this point of view? Because the actual reality is that Rex is coaching for his job this year with a roster lacking in talent - particularly at the QB position. With Tannenbaum fired largely for the Sanchez blunder, I can't imagine any pressure from Idzik or Woody to play Sanchez. Rex will be very motivated to play the QB who gives him the best chance to win.

I think Geno has a legitimate chance to be the opening day starter. If he's not, whoever does start should be a place holder until they're ready to throw Geno in there. I think it's critical to see what he can do. That's the only pressure I could see coming from Idzik - getting Smith on the field. He'll want to have a better idea what he has in Geno so he can map out his plans next offseason.

Think about it, if they wanted to bring in actual competition for Sanchez (Geno excluded), there were better options than a 35 year old coming off of two surgeries that hasn't thrown a pass in an NFL game in YEARS.

Who? Tarvaris Jackson? Jason Campbell? There really weren't a lot of options, and I don't think they were interested in giving anyone more than a one year deal.

Dude. Is your argument really that Sanchez should start because the Jets are better off losing? That trotting out the worst QB is the best case scenario? And you use the word "reality" to describe this point of view? Because the actual reality is that Rex is coaching for his job this year with a roster lacking in talent - particularly at the QB position. With Tannenbaum fired largely for the Sanchez blunder, I can't imagine any pressure from Idzik or Woody to play Sanchez. Rex will be very motivated to play the QB who gives him the best chance to win.

I think Geno has a legitimate chance to be the opening day starter. If he's not, whoever does start should be a place holder until they're ready to throw Geno in there. I think it's critical to see what he can do. That's the only pressure I could see coming from Idzik - getting Smith on the field. He'll want to have a better idea what he has in Geno so he can map out his plans next offseason.

Who? Tarvaris Jackson? Jason Campbell? There really weren't a lot of options, and I don't think they were interested in giving anyone more than a one year deal.

For this season? It makes the most sense. I'd rather they be awful this year rather than just MAYBE .500 so that they can get some talent next season in the draft and load up for 2014.  Rex may be coaching for his job, but that doesn't mean he's a miracle worker.  They defense should be solid, maybe even good, but the offense will betray them like they did last season, no matter the QB.  Might as well use 2013 for one big audition.

Other terrible Jet QB's Sanchez was "better" than since 1991, in DVOA:

Frank Reich (1996, 11 games):  30th

Browning Nagle (1992, 14 games):  35th

Neil O'Donnell (1996-97):  42nd, 34th

Rick Mirer (1999, 8 games):  38th

Glenn Foley (1996, 1998):  47th, 34th

Kellen Clemens (2007, 10 games):  42nd

Bubby Brister (1995, 9 games):  43rd

Jet QB's since 1991 who performed better than Sanchez, in DVOA:

Chad Pennington (2002-04, 2006-07):  1st, 19th, 9th, 13th, 25th

Vinny Testaverde (1998, 2000-01, 2003):  2nd, 22nd, 27th, 6th

Boomer Esiason (1993-95):  11th, 25th, 36th

Ken O'Brien (1991-92):  20th, 29th

Ray Lucas (1999, 9 games):  22nd

Brett Favre (2008):  28th

NOTE:  Had to attempt at least 100 throws in a single season.

So here's where Sanchez ranks among Jet QB's since 1991:

1.  Chad Pennington

2.  Vinny Testaverde

3.  Boomer Esiason

4.  Ken O'Brien

5.  Ray Lucas

6.  Brett Favre

7.  Mark Sanchez

8.  Frank Reich

9.  Browning Nagle

10.  Neil O'Donnell

11.  Rick Mirer

12.  Brooks Bollinger

13.  Glenn Foley

14.  Kellen Clemens

15.  Bubby Brister

When you look at the names on the list, and also consider that Sanchez was a top 5 pick by the Jets, that's just plain sad.

He's still going to put the best team on the field as he possibly can.  If he really think Sanchez is the best guy for the job then he'll do so because of that.  If not he'll go with someone else (which is more likely at this point).

.  Rex may be coaching for his job, but that doesn't mean he's a miracle worker. 

For this season? It makes the most sense. I'd rather they be awful this year rather than just MAYBE .500 so that they can get some talent next season in the draft and load up for 2014.  Rex may be coaching for his job, but that doesn't mean he's a miracle worker.  They defense should be solid, maybe even good, but the offense will betray them like they did last season, no matter the QB.  Might as well use 2013 for one big audition.

It's not going to break my heart if the Jets have the first pick in the draft next year, but the reality is that you've got a head coach who wants to either save his job, or get another head coaching job next year. He's not going to purposely trot out the worst QB on the roster just to tank the season. Not unless he gets a contract extension up front.

And Idzik will want to see Geno on the field - unless he's so bad in practice that he'll know he needs to go back to the QB well next year.

It's not going to break my heart if the Jets have the first pick in the draft next year, but the reality is that you've got a head coach who wants to either save his job, or get another head coaching job next year. He's not going to purposely trot out the worst QB on the roster just to tank the season. Not unless he gets a contract extension up front.

And Idzik will want to see Geno on the field - unless he's so bad in practice that he'll know he needs to go back to the QB well next year.

So Rex coaches his butt off with whatever QB and they still end up at 7-9 because a lack of talent on the offensive side of the ball.  Now what? Rex gets let go? The Jets have a middle of the round pick and nothing else to show for 2013.

So Rex coaches his butt off with whatever QB and they still end up at 7-9 because a lack of talent on the offensive side of the ball.  Now what? Rex gets let go? The Jets have a middle of the round pick and nothing else to show for 2013.

If Rex gets to 7-9 with this roster, against this schedule, I suspect he keeps his job.

One thing is for certain, though, Rex isn't going to purposely tank the season so the team can have the first pick in the draft in 2014 while he's out looking for work. If Idzik wants him to trot out an Indianapolis type of loser this year, he's going to have to give him a contract extension first.

Let's forget the injury issue. We had Landry as a Safety with an extensive injury history....he lasted the WHOLE year and he played a physical position. Using injury as a reason not to accept Garrard as a better QB is bunk...pure bunk. It should be Garrard/Geno as the starter and the loser of those two will be the backup. At that point, the CHEZ should be cut/traded/waived. Paying your third string that much money is crazy.

I definitely don't want the team to be awful.  I want them to play every young player they can so they can see what they have and who can help them in 2014 and going forward.  I want those young players who can and will help them in the future to get every snap of game action they can to hasten their development.  Let them make their mistakes this season and learn.  The only exception would be is if it would hurt a player's confidence and even then,  if making a few mistakes is going to cause him to lose confidence, I'm not certain how much help he would be in the future.

I want to see progress.  I want to Ellis take a giant step forward.  I want Coples and Wilson to step up, and hope that Bush and Allen can too.  I want to see the Winters start as soon as possible and develop into a first-rate starting, drive blocking road grader at OG.  I want to see Howard develop further, and some real chemistry develop on the OL.  I don't care who starts at the other OG position.  Unless Ducasse has a revelation, he, Colon and Peterman will probably all be gone after this season and there will be a new starter at that OG position anway.

I want to see further development from Kerley.  I want this to be a breakout season for Cumberland, and if Hayden Smith can develop into a quality TE, so much the better.  I want to see an excellent running attack with Ivory, Goodson and either Powell or McKnight. I want Smith to develop at his own pace so that when he is finally called upon to start, he's ready and can produce at a high level.

I agree that the poorer their record, the better talent they'll be able to get in next year's draft, and would rather see a 4-12 record than an 8-8, but I don't want the circus or horrific play of the offense to continue to get that.  I'm willing to bite the bullet and suffer through the necessary growing pains, but that doesn't mean that they have to put an embarassing, awful product on the field.  I hope they're in every game up to the final gun, and make other teams know that they've been in a battle.  I want them to flash their potential, and start building a foundation for winning going forward.

Since when is beating out Matt Moore and a rookie Ryan Tannehill some sort of major accomplishment?  That doesn't necessarily make him a good QB right now, nor does it make him the automatic starter here. Oh, and it didn't happen because he got injured. Again. Like he most likely will here because he is 35 and closer to retirement than he is a starting QB role.

Who said anything about it being a major accomplishment?  Slow down, guy.  The truth of the matter is, however, that Tannehill looked more like a potential franchise QB last season than Sanchez ever has.

We don't know what Garrard has left in his tank. Conversely, we know what Sanchez has never had and most likely never will have.  As long as Sanchez is here and the starter, the Jets will be a circus and the laughingstock of the league and media.  Enough is enough.  It's time to cut bait with him.

A lot of people here are assuming that Sanchez is Rex's boy, and he'll probably end up going with him just because.

I disagree.  Rex had already tied himself to Sanchez for 4 seasons, and it got his boss fired.  For self-preservation purposes, it only makes sense for Rex to put as much distance between him and Sanchez as possible.  We know Sanchez is gone, whether it be this year or next, but we DON'T know that Rex is gone for sure, and I imagine he hasn't exactly resigned himself to getting fired.

It only makes sense for him to go with Garrard or Geno.  Otherwise he'll be exiting stage left with Sanchez and they can be as close of friends as they'd like to be.

Unless of course Rex still really believes Sanchez will be a good QB, in which case he deserves to be fired anyways.  I still support a future with Rex Ryan, but if there is one thing that would rightfully get him fired, its that.

rex will choose sanchez cause he's gay for him

If Rex gets to 7-9 with this roster, against this schedule, I suspect he keeps his job.

One thing is for certain, though, Rex isn't going to purposely tank the season so the team can have the first pick in the draft in 2014 while he's out looking for work. If Idzik wants him to trot out an Indianapolis type of loser this year, he's going to have to give him a contract extension first.

Funny thing is if Garrard doesn't get hurt again - yes, IF - then I don't even see 7-9 as the best the team can do.

The defense could be very strong again. 

The running game, while it lacks a big name workhorse back, will be more than fine if Ivory+Goodson stay healthy as well.  They're also better receivers out of the backfield than Greene (not that Sanchez could even hit his Greene properly, making off-target throws from that close and still firing it in as hard as he could so there was no time for Greene to adjust his non-hands from his mid-section to up above his head).

Even if the receivers' names are the same, they will be fine.  I can't imagine Stephen Hill not improving from last year (if only because he set the bar so low) and similar from the others. The rest of the guys were open plenty, despite the baseless and factually incorrect claims that no one was open all year long.  If Holmes looks like he won't see the field I'd expect them to bring in Edwards or someone similar.  But I think they're going to wait to see who gets cut June 1st before going to Braylon.  What will happen is they'll catch a lot more passes and Sanchez's knob slurpers will say they are so much better than last year even if they are the same but now a real QB is actually delivering the football.  Which brings us to...

Garrard has made a career of being an accurate and efficient passer to a bunch of crappy receivers whose greatest assets were their on-paper measurables (height or 40 time or both) like Matt Jones, Reggie Williams, Troy Williamson, Ernest Wilford, Mike Sims-Walker; or those big FA splashes they made getting Torry Holt when he could barely walk let alone run.  Oh yeah, and the great Dennis Northcutt as well.  For most of his career, Sanchez has been throwing to a bunch of stud superstars compared to the garbage Jacksonville provided for Garrard.  If receivers are as open as they were last year, Garrard would complete at least 65% of his passes.

IF we get the above, plus at least average play out of the guard position (which I expect we will, given how much competition we'll have from both experienced veterans and younger draft picks), I don't see why 7-9 should even be this team's ceiling.  I don't think they have any shot at a SB, but for pure luck and catching every imaginable and unimaginable break.  But for a team that was just gutted as we were, we really don't look that bad on paper.  It will hinge on, in particular, Garrard and Ivory staying healthy.

Of course if Garrard is hurt again, or if he is just so bad now that even Sanchez is better (somehow), then all the above goes out the window.  I'm also assuming Smith is nowhere near ready to start week 1 and doesn't win the competition for the job.  If he does, that changes things.  I'm not sure how it changes things, because I don't know how good he is (or would be out of the gate), but clearly he would be different than Garrard.

Slats I do not think Rex is going to be judged on his record as much as I think hes going to be judged on how he handles the team as a whole.  How he handles the media idiots who will no doubt be pushing him to say his usual stupid things hes known for, may play a part as well. I think if Rex gets a good handle on the team, both offense and defense, and becomes a head coach and not a blinded fool only worrying about "his" defense and their stats, Idzik will retain him as head coach. If he acts anything like he did last year he will be gone.

Other terrible Jet QB's Sanchez was "better" than since 1991, in DVOA:

Frank Reich (1996, 11 games):  30th

Browning Nagle (1992, 14 games):  35th

Neil O'Donnell (1996-97):  42nd, 34th

Rick Mirer (1999, 8 games):  38th

Glenn Foley (1996, 1998):  47th, 34th

Kellen Clemens (2007, 10 games):  42nd

Bubby Brister (1995, 9 games):  43rd

Jet QB's since 1991 who performed better than Sanchez, in DVOA:

Chad Pennington (2002-04, 2006-07):  1st, 19th, 9th, 13th, 25th

Vinny Testaverde (1998, 2000-01, 2003):  2nd, 22nd, 27th, 6th

Boomer Esiason (1993-95):  11th, 25th, 36th

Ken O'Brien (1991-92):  20th, 29th

Ray Lucas (1999, 9 games):  22nd

Brett Favre (2008):  28th

NOTE:  Had to attempt at least 100 throws in a single season.

So here's where Sanchez ranks among Jet QB's since 1991:

1.  Chad Pennington

2.  Vinny Testaverde

3.  Boomer Esiason

4.  Ken O'Brien

5.  Ray Lucas

6.  Brett Favre

7.  Mark Sanchez

8.  Frank Reich

9.  Browning Nagle

10.  Neil O'Donnell

11.  Rick Mirer

12.  Brooks Bollinger

13.  Glenn Foley

14.  Kellen Clemens

15.  Bubby Brister

When you look at the names on the list, and also consider that Sanchez was a top 5 pick by the Jets, that's just plain sad.

Only one spot behind Brett Favre?  Impressive.

I definitely don't want the team to be awful.  I want them to play every young player they can so they can see what they have and who can help them in 2014 and going forward.  I want those young players who can and will help them in the future to get every snap of game action they can to hasten their development.  Let them make their mistakes this season and learn.  The only exception would be is if it would hurt a player's confidence and even then,  if making a few mistakes is going to cause him to lose confidence, I'm not certain how much help he would be in the future.

I want to see progress.  I want to Ellis take a giant step forward.  I want Coples and Wilson to step up, and hope that Bush and Allen can too.  I want to see the Winters start as soon as possible and develop into a first-rate starting, drive blocking road grader at OG.  I want to see Howard develop further, and some real chemistry develop on the OL.  I don't care who starts at the other OG position.  Unless Ducasse has a revelation, he, Colon and Peterman will probably all be gone after this season and there will be a new starter at that OG position anway.

I want to see further development from Kerley.  I want this to be a breakout season for Cumberland, and if Hayden Smith can develop into a quality TE, so much the better.  I want to see an excellent running attack with Ivory, Goodson and either Powell or McKnight. I want Smith to develop at his own pace so that when he is finally called upon to start, he's ready and can produce at a high level.

I agree that the poorer their record, the better talent they'll be able to get in next year's draft, and would rather see a 4-12 record than an 8-8, but I don't want the circus or horrific play of the offense to continue to get that.  I'm willing to bite the bullet and suffer through the necessary growing pains, but that doesn't mean that they have to put an embarassing, awful product on the field.  I hope they're in every game up to the final gun, and make other teams know that they've been in a battle.  I want them to flash their potential, and start building a foundation for winning going forward.

Agree 100% ....If this team is truly in a rebuild mode which most of us suspect they are, they MUST evaluate this roster, and that starts with our young players that we will be moving forward with. Without that knowledge we can't properly get a plan in place for the future.

If all of this is true, next year should be the year we as fans evaluate the future as well so no need to get upset when this team has a poor performance or even multiple poor performances just realize what the goal is and thats to build a team to contend next year and the years following. If we contend for a playoff spot next year with Geno Starting that will be a huge victory for this franchise but in all honesty I expect the Jets to start contending again not next season but in 2015. 

Next year MUST be the year we get the skill players to surround our young QB with. If we continue to ignore the skill positions on offense like we have the past 12 years I think we will be in for a lot of the same crap and quite possibly ruin yet another QB.

Slats I do not think Rex is going to be judged on his record as much as I think hes going to be judged on how he handles the team as a whole.  How he handles the media idiots who will no doubt be pushing him to say his usual stupid things hes known for, may play a part as well. I think if Rex gets a good handle on the team, both offense and defense, and becomes a head coach and not a blinded fool only worrying about "his" defense and their stats, Idzik will retain him as head coach. If he acts anything like he did last year he will be gone.

I've been essentially saying the same thing all along. I think 7-9 would represent a good coaching job from Rex, though, and given the schedule this year, it would probably represent a strong finish. That's the kind of thing that would stick with the GM moving forward.

People like to refer to Rex as some sort of buffoon, but Idzik is going to find himself learning some stuff about football he never knew just by hanging around him.

Slats I do not think Rex is going to be judged on his record as much as I think hes going to be judged on how he handles the team as a whole. How he handles the media idiots who will no doubt be pushing him to say his usual stupid things hes known for, may play a part as well. I think if Rex gets a good handle on the team, both offense and defense, and becomes a head coach and not a blinded fool only worrying about "his" defense and their stats, Idzik will retain him as head coach. If he acts anything like he did last year he will be gone.

Rex has already said, basically, that he's going back to the defense because that's what he knows. It doesn't sound like he's even going to pretend to meddle in the offense.

Rex can be Anthony Robbins+General Patton+Claudius Maximus behind the scenes, but if he doesn't produce wins this year, he's dead.

Funny thing is if Garrard doesn't get hurt again - yes, IF - then I don't even see 7-9 as the best the team can do.

The defense could be very strong again. 

The running game, while it lacks a big name workhorse back, will be more than fine if Ivory+Goodson stay healthy as well.  They're also better receivers out of the backfield than Greene (not that Sanchez could even hit his Greene properly, making off-target throws from that close and still firing it in as hard as he could so there was no time for Greene to adjust his non-hands from his mid-section to up above his head).

Even if the receivers' names are the same, they will be fine.  I can't imagine Stephen Hill not improving from last year (if only because he set the bar so low) and similar from the others. The rest of the guys were open plenty, despite the baseless and factually incorrect claims that no one was open all year long.  If Holmes looks like he won't see the field I'd expect them to bring in Edwards or someone similar.  But I think they're going to wait to see who gets cut June 1st before going to Braylon.  What will happen is they'll catch a lot more passes and Sanchez's knob slurpers will say they are so much better than last year even if they are the same but now a real QB is actually delivering the football.  Which brings us to...

Garrard has made a career of being an accurate and efficient passer to a bunch of crappy receivers whose greatest assets were their on-paper measurables (height or 40 time or both) like Matt Jones, Reggie Williams, Troy Williamson, Ernest Wilford, Mike Sims-Walker; or those big FA splashes they made getting Torry Holt when he could barely walk let alone run.  Oh yeah, and the great Dennis Northcutt as well.  For most of his career, Sanchez has been throwing to a bunch of stud superstars compared to the garbage Jacksonville provided for Garrard.  If receivers are as open as they were last year, Garrard would complete at least 65% of his passes.

IF we get the above, plus at least average play out of the guard position (which I expect we will, given how much competition we'll have from both experienced veterans and younger draft picks), I don't see why 7-9 should even be this team's ceiling.  I don't think they have any shot at a SB, but for pure luck and catching every imaginable and unimaginable break.  But for a team that was just gutted as we were, we really don't look that bad on paper.  It will hinge on, in particular, Garrard and Ivory staying healthy.

Of course if Garrard is hurt again, or if he is just so bad now that even Sanchez is better (somehow), then all the above goes out the window.  I'm also assuming Smith is nowhere near ready to start week 1 and doesn't win the competition for the job.  If he does, that changes things.  I'm not sure how it changes things, because I don't know how good he is (or would be out of the gate), but clearly he would be different than Garrard.

Sperm cut the crap buddy :) . We all know that Garrard didnt have much in Tennessee but he did have Jones Drew who was good for 50 catches a year and forced defenses to respect the run. Also saying the Jets receivers look like superstars compared to anyone is just a bit of a reach and is as much of an exaggeration as you claim the Sanchez lovers pushing.

Give the Sanchez crap a rest already you can't turn every single arguement and make everything about Sanchez. The year before last Sanchez threw 26 TD's and Ran in 6 more ... His biggest Issue (and it was a big one) were the turnovers that much is obvious.

Last year the Jets once again failed to do anything with the offensive line and dumped some of the WR's we did pick up and then we had the injurys to Holmes,Keller and Hill so of course Sanchez Numbers went in the toilet he was throwing to practice squad players anyone who expected any different was an Idiot. The big problem once again was the stupid Turnovers. Im not sure whats going on in the kids head when it comes to his terrible handling of the football its mind boggling and it will in fact ruin his career. That being said when he leaves here he will probably get another chance from an organization who might think the Jets simply handled him like a pack of Idiots and give him another shot. Its probably what he needs a new situation. Thats not to say hes going to emerge but it will certainly be interesting.

Rex has already said, basically, that he's going back to the defense because that's what he knows. It doesn't sound like he's even going to pretend to meddle in the offense.

Rex can be Anthony Robbins+General Patton+Claudius Maximus behind the scenes, but if he doesn't produce wins this year, he's dead.

Tom he can't take the same road with the offense he did last year. You can't ignore ineptitude for as long as Rex did last year. He can coach the defense all he wants but he has to keep the pulse of the entire team or he will lose them and his Job. Its not too difficult to talk to the players and show them that your actully there. getting involved can be as simple as meeting with the offense and having a clue as to WTF your philosophy is, whats working whats not working. last year during pressers it seemed Rex had no clue. This year That gets him fired .

Tom he can't take the same road with the offense he did last year. You can't ignore ineptitude for as long as Rex did last year. He can coach the defense all he wants but he has to keep the pulse of the entire team or he will lose them and his Job. Its not too difficult to talk to the players and show them that your actully there. getting involved can be as simple as meeting with the offense and having a clue as to WTF your philosophy is, whats working whats not working. last year during pressers it seemed Rex had no clue. This year That gets him fired .

Put yourself in Rex's shoes (gross). He made a concerted effort to be more involved in the offense, he hired his buddy Sparano, and the result was possibly the worst offense we've seen in the league since prior to the invention of the forward pass.

This year, he has to know he's--at best--50/50 to return. His best chance is to circle the wagons, put out the best defense he can with the talent he has, and hope Mornhinweg can cobble together an offense that can score 21 ppg. That way, if/when he gets fired, he can walk into his future interviews and say that his defenses were good enough to win but, gosh darnit, he got screwed over by bad quarterbacks, bad drafting on offense, and bad coordinators.

Only one spot behind Brett Favre?  Impressive.

Yeah, Favre would have been at least 2-3 spots higher on the list if it weren't for the bicep injury.  Those first 11 games were pretty exceptional.  Final 5 games....not so much.  We probably should had Clemens out there while he healed.

This year, he has to know he's--at best--50/50 to return. His best chance is to circle the wagons, put out the best defense he can with the talent he has, and hope Mornhinweg can cobble together an offense that can score 21 ppg. That way, if/when he gets fired, he can walk into his future interviews and say that his defenses were good enough to win but, gosh darnit, he got screwed over by bad quarterbacks, bad drafting on offense, and bad coordinators.

If he does, no one can call him a liar.

I think Rex getting more involved in the defense this year has a lot more to do with the fact that he lost Pettine as his DC than any other agenda-based theory. ;)

Yeah, Favre would have been at least 2-3 spots higher on the list if it weren't for the bicep injury.  Those first 11 games were pretty exceptional.  Final 5 games....not so much.  We probably should had Clemens out there while he healed.

If Favre didn;t get hurt we win the Superbowl and we all spend the rest of our message board days defending his right to send pictures of his penis to anyone he wants. 

If he does, no one can call him a liar.

I think Rex getting more involved in the defense this year has a lot more to do with the fact that he lost Pettine as his DC than any other agenda-based theory. ;)

If I didn't have any agenda-based theories, I'd have, maybe, 11 total posts.

Sperm cut the crap buddy :) . We all know that Garrard didnt have much in Tennessee but he did have Jones Drew who was good for 50 catches a year and forced defenses to respect the run. Also saying the Jets receivers look like superstars compared to anyone is just a bit of a reach and is as much of an exaggeration as you claim the Sanchez lovers pushing.

Give the Sanchez crap a rest already you can't turn every single arguement and make everything about Sanchez. The year before last Sanchez threw 26 TD's and Ran in 6 more ... His biggest Issue (and it was a big one) were the turnovers that much is obvious.

Last year the Jets once again failed to do anything with the offensive line and dumped some of the WR's we did pick up and then we had the injurys to Holmes,Keller and Hill so of course Sanchez Numbers went in the toilet he was throwing to practice squad players anyone who expected any different was an Idiot. The big problem once again was the stupid Turnovers. Im not sure whats going on in the kids head when it comes to his terrible handling of the football its mind boggling and it will in fact ruin his career. That being said when he leaves here he will probably get another chance from an organization who might think the Jets simply handled him like a pack of Idiots and give him another shot. Its probably what he needs a new situation. Thats not to say hes going to emerge but it will certainly be interesting.

No sh*t MJD is better than Greene.  But in this context it's a distinction without a difference.  Teams were stacking the box with 8+ defenders with Shonn Greene and Bilal Powell. 

A lot of people here are assuming that Sanchez is Rex's boy, and he'll probably end up going with him just because.

I disagree.  Rex had already tied himself to Sanchez for 4 seasons, and it got his boss fired.  For self-preservation purposes, it only makes sense for Rex to put as much distance between him and Sanchez as possible.  We know Sanchez is gone, whether it be this year or next, but we DON'T know that Rex is gone for sure, and I imagine he hasn't exactly resigned himself to getting fired.

It only makes sense for him to go with Garrard or Geno.  Otherwise he'll be exiting stage left with Sanchez and they can be as close of friends as they'd like to be.

Unless of course Rex still really believes Sanchez will be a good QB, in which case he deserves to be fired anyways.  I still support a future with Rex Ryan, but if there is one thing that would rightfully get him fired, its that.

Why?  Because Sanchez is awesome and Rex is smart.  That is why.

If Favre didn;t get hurt we win the Superbowl and we all spend the rest of our message board days defending his right to send pictures of his penis to anyone he wants. 

Sorry, but there's no chance in hell that that would have happened.  Favre would have thrown one or more of his patented, ill-timed, stupid rookie, forced passes that would have been intercepted and the Jets probably wouldn't have even made it to the SB.

Archived