•  

Welcome to JetNation.com

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to JetNation.com, your home for New York Jets talk. We are an independent site, which means we aren't affiliated with the NY Jets or SNY. The opinions here are never censored. We want you to join in on the conversation, but don't worry this is a simple and FREE process. Be apart of JetNation.com by signing in or creating an account. When you create an account, you can also opt to use your existing Facebook or Twitter login.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
Also be sure to check us out on Facebook and Twitter.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Why would Rex choose Sanchez?

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

#101 The Crusher

The Crusher

More Please!!!

• Moderators
  • 29,450 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 12:16 PM

Best player will play problem is there isn't enough snaps for all 3

Skip Sanchez.  No number of snaps will help him while he is wearing green and white.

#102 T0mShane

T0mShane

Gluten for punishment

• Members
  • 26,951 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 12:29 PM

If he does, no one can call him a liar.

I think Rex getting more involved in the defense this year has a lot more to do with the fact that he lost Pettine as his DC than any other agenda-based theory. ;)

If I didn't have any agenda-based theories, I'd have, maybe, 11 total posts.
Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

#103 Sperm Edwards

Sperm Edwards

Penis

• Moderators
  • 28,697 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 02:07 PM

Sperm cut the crap buddy :) . We all know that Garrard didnt have much in Tennessee but he did have Jones Drew who was good for 50 catches a year and forced defenses to respect the run. Also saying the Jets receivers look like superstars compared to anyone is just a bit of a reach and is as much of an exaggeration as you claim the Sanchez lovers pushing.

Give the Sanchez crap a rest already you can't turn every single arguement and make everything about Sanchez. The year before last Sanchez threw 26 TD's and Ran in 6 more ... His biggest Issue (and it was a big one) were the turnovers that much is obvious.

Last year the Jets once again failed to do anything with the offensive line and dumped some of the WR's we did pick up and then we had the injurys to Holmes,Keller and Hill so of course Sanchez Numbers went in the toilet he was throwing to practice squad players anyone who expected any different was an Idiot. The big problem once again was the stupid Turnovers. Im not sure whats going on in the kids head when it comes to his terrible handling of the football its mind boggling and it will in fact ruin his career. That being said when he leaves here he will probably get another chance from an organization who might think the Jets simply handled him like a pack of Idiots and give him another shot. Its probably what he needs a new situation. Thats not to say hes going to emerge but it will certainly be interesting.

No sh*t MJD is better than Greene.  But in this context it's a distinction without a difference.  Teams were stacking the box with 8+ defenders with Shonn Greene and Bilal Powell. 

JetNation.com

#104 Maxman

Maxman

Mr. Jet Nation

• Administrators
  • 58,532 posts
  • LocationJN Server Room

Posted 12 May 2013 - 02:29 PM

A lot of people here are assuming that Sanchez is Rex's boy, and he'll probably end up going with him just because.

I disagree.  Rex had already tied himself to Sanchez for 4 seasons, and it got his boss fired.  For self-preservation purposes, it only makes sense for Rex to put as much distance between him and Sanchez as possible.  We know Sanchez is gone, whether it be this year or next, but we DON'T know that Rex is gone for sure, and I imagine he hasn't exactly resigned himself to getting fired.

It only makes sense for him to go with Garrard or Geno.  Otherwise he'll be exiting stage left with Sanchez and they can be as close of friends as they'd like to be.

Unless of course Rex still really believes Sanchez will be a good QB, in which case he deserves to be fired anyways.  I still support a future with Rex Ryan, but if there is one thing that would rightfully get him fired, its that.

Why?  Because Sanchez is awesome and Rex is smart.  That is why.

The largest independent community of NY Jets fans on the web. Visit our blog, Facebook page and Twitter.

#105 JoeKlecko

JoeKlecko

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 1,800 posts
  • LocationHigh Point, NC

Posted 12 May 2013 - 02:59 PM

If Favre didn;t get hurt we win the Superbowl and we all spend the rest of our message board days defending his right to send pictures of his penis to anyone he wants. 

Sorry, but there's no chance in hell that that would have happened.  Favre would have thrown one or more of his patented, ill-timed, stupid rookie, forced passes that would have been intercepted and the Jets probably wouldn't have even made it to the SB.

Rex Ryan, the bag lady of NFL HCs.

#106 Jetsfan80

Jetsfan80

Hall Of Famer

• Members
  • 46,488 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 03:29 PM

Sorry, but there's no chance in hell that that would have happened.  Favre would have thrown one or more of his patented, ill-timed, stupid rookie, forced passes that would have been intercepted and the Jets probably wouldn't have even made it to the SB.

Maybe so.  But imagine Favre playing like he ended up doing for Minnesota in 2009 AND pairing him with Rex's defense.  Had we not gotten Sanchez, that would have been the likely scenario.  One way or another, we would have had a great shot at a Super Bowl one of those years if not for the bicep.

Edited by Jetsfan80, 12 May 2013 - 03:30 PM.

sheesh, I'm a doosh.

#107 Smashmouth

Smashmouth

Make us proud Wrecks

• Members
  • 13,120 posts
  • LocationDallas Tx.

Posted 12 May 2013 - 06:26 PM

This.

Im thinking at some point in the playoffs Favre is throwing some bone headed INT costing us a game. He did it his entire career no reason anything would have been different here.

Proud Member of the AVM

#108 JADEDGREEN

JADEDGREEN

Annoying

• Banned
  • 2,160 posts
  • LocationFree

Posted 12 May 2013 - 07:28 PM

If I didn't have any agenda-based theories, I'd have, maybe, 11 total posts.

UTOPIA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users