I am not so sure about Santonio Holmes!

TechJet

IMO whats taking Holmes so long to get back to football? He said quote "If there was a game this week I couldn't try it" unquote, Revis got hurt after Santonio did and Revis is already in football mode. Meanwhile Santonio Holmes is still lingering. then he opens his big mouth to endorse a freakin loser QB. dude STFU already. You're stealing money from us jet fans. 

Throw in the fact he took a pay cut and it's not hard to draw the conclusion he may not make it back this year.  Unless your a dunce and believe the nonsense he wants to be a Jet for life.  LOL

Truth is for a guy that relies on speed and making cuts he may never come back 100% from his injury. 

I cannot stand Sanblowmeo but they have different injuries.  The Lisfranc fracture is very problematic.  The ACL surgery has become commonplace.  True, he may not come back at all.  Chances are he will, and he will exasperate us once more.  Just one more year of Airplane Man.  Lets look at it that way.

The Lisfranc thing is serious.  It takes forever to heal and even the, theres likely to be weakness and instability.  Don't blame Santonio for injuring himself.  Blame him for tossing a lateral to the defense who then ran for a TD last year, when he got the foot owie.  That was chickensh*t. 

I believe Rex already said that Holmes won't be ready until the start of the regular season. I'd imagine that Holmes will survey the scene at that time and decide whether or not he thinks he can put up numbers in this offense. If he plays 16 games and puts up 50/650/4tds, he'll be going into free agency (after being waived) on a streak of three putrid seasons in a row, both on and off the field. He could easily get Ochocinco'ed, or Brandon Lloyd'ed, where he has to hope some team throws a minimum salary, one year deal at him.

He's got an injury named after a gynecologist which is appropriate given how he tossed the defense the ball when he got it. I hope the vagina stays away the entire season, we're better off if he collects his paycheck from Mexico

We've got the best player never to make the Pro Bowl at like five different positions. #Itellyawhat

Boyitellya this Clyde Gates boyitellya.

Yep.  Definitely the same person.  Only piece to the mystery:  Wasn't aware Tombatesman likes The Simpsons.

I believe Rex already said that Holmes won't be ready until the start of the regular season. I'd imagine that Holmes will survey the scene at that time and decide whether or not he thinks he can put up numbers in this offense. If he plays 16 games and puts up 50/650/4tds, he'll be going into free agency (after being waived) on a streak of three putrid seasons in a row, both on and off the field. He could easily get Ochocinco'ed, or Brandon Lloyd'ed, where he has to hope some team throws a minimum salary, one year deal at him.

True, but is that worse than leave a lingering impression that he's not healthy and can't play at all?

There is literally nothing good that could come of Santonio playing here.  If we're lucky he stays FAR away from the team and especially Geno.  He is a cancer in the lockerroom an not nearly talented enough to counter that.

There is literally nothing good that could come of Santonio playing here.  If we're lucky he stays FAR away from the team and especially Geno.  He is a cancer in the lockerroom an not nearly talented enough to counter that.

TDs?

People forget how well he runs after the catch if the ball is thrown to him and the silly clutch catches he makes when it isn't.  

or how he had never fumbled since High School before coming to the Jets

They got to pay him anyhow.  If he can't play IR

This.  There's no benefit to be had from cutting him.  If anything, he'll start the season off on the PUP list if his foot is still an issue.  At this point I'd bet Idzik is probably hoping for a decent enough season out of him to generate some possible trade interest next year.

Sorry can not help to think Steeelers are still laughing at us right now

Meh, I still think that trade was a great move for the Jets.  The Steelers didn't pull off any great move by sending him to the Jets other than trying to make themselves look like good people while still keeping around their rapist QB.  The real problem was that the Jets were the horses asses who handed Holmes that huge contract a year later.

Meh, I still think that trade was a great move for the Jets.  The Steelers didn't pull off any great move by sending him to the Jets other than trying to make themselves look like good people while still keeping around their rapist QB.  The real problem was that the Jets were the horses asses who handed Holmes that huge contract a year later.

Exactly.  You make that deal for a 5th every time.  If we had decided to let him go after the 1-year rental, we probably end up with at LEAST a 5th round compensatory pick, maybe even a 4th. 

Unless he was an RFA that is, not sure.

Comparatively anorexic for you, but spot on.  

Archived