Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

I am not so sure about Santonio Holmes!

32 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

That would be a shame considering he's the best player on the team.

There is a difference between best and most talented. Holmes may be the latter but he is certainly not the former.

Posted · Report post

or how he had never fumbled since High School before coming to the Jets

GTFO!!!  Really?

Posted · Report post

They got to pay him anyhow.  If he can't play IR

This.  There's no benefit to be had from cutting him.  If anything, he'll start the season off on the PUP list if his foot is still an issue.  At this point I'd bet Idzik is probably hoping for a decent enough season out of him to generate some possible trade interest next year.

Posted · Report post

Sorry can not help to think Steeelers are still laughing at us right now

Meh, I still think that trade was a great move for the Jets.  The Steelers didn't pull off any great move by sending him to the Jets other than trying to make themselves look like good people while still keeping around their rapist QB.  The real problem was that the Jets were the horses asses who handed Holmes that huge contract a year later.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Meh, I still think that trade was a great move for the Jets.  The Steelers didn't pull off any great move by sending him to the Jets other than trying to make themselves look like good people while still keeping around their rapist QB.  The real problem was that the Jets were the horses asses who handed Holmes that huge contract a year later.

Exactly.  You make that deal for a 5th every time.  If we had decided to let him go after the 1-year rental, we probably end up with at LEAST a 5th round compensatory pick, maybe even a 4th. 

Unless he was an RFA that is, not sure.

Edited by Jetsfan80

Posted · Report post

Comparatively anorexic for you, but spot on.  

Posted · Report post

Holmes is a born leader, a true captain in the Rex army!