FED UP!!!!

whodeawhodat

I am so tired of all of the Rex bashing. If he had half a QB we would have put some more points on the board and gotten a few more wins(at least).  Give OUR coach a break.  He is a first time HC, he will have some growing pains.  Believe me, I want instant success as much as you guys but so does every team.  Every organization strives for success except maybe the suck for luck colt from a couple of years back.  Give Rex some support, football is his life, always has been.  he is very smart when it come to Xs and Os on defense, he will struggle on offense until he has a couple of more years exp.  Until then he will have to lean on his OC.

Last year was a sh*t show.  Definitely a low point in the Rex era.  I hope he bounces back because I like the style on football he has brought to the NYJ.  Bring the fight Rex, bring it!

that is all...

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am so tired of all of the Rex bashing. If he had half a QB we would have put some more points on the board and gotten a few more wins(at least).  Give OUR coach a break.  He is a first time HC, he will have some growing pains.  Believe me, I want instant success as much as you guys but so does every team.  Every organization strives for success except maybe the suck for luck colt from a couple of years back.  Give Rex some support, football is his life, always has been.  he is very smart when it come to Xs and Os on defense, he will struggle on offense until he has a couple of more years exp.  Until then he will have to lean on his OC.

Last year was a sh*t show.  Definitely a low point in the Rex era.  I hope he bounces back because I like the style on football he has brought to the NYJ.  Bring the fight Rex, bring it!

that is all...

Jets fans are only happy when they're miserable.  Truth.

Jets fans are only happy when they're miserable.  Truth.

Pain is familiar comfort ... 

Rex showed ineptitude in many area's and many specific situations over the last 2 campaigns. I love the spirit and the energy he breaths into the team, but when he's simply shooting his mouth off making bombastic comments and predictions that all gets negative real quick when it's not backed up. 

That said - he's got a pretty damn good defensive mind and hopefully has learned to keep his mouth shut more. I think that will help to keep the players behind him because he already does a good job of getting them there. Looking forward to seeing what he does with some sincere defensive talent going into this season. The guy gets to make mistakes and learn like anybody else does in my book.

that is all...

Well-------------------------------------I suggest oxycodone.     

that is all...

I agree

Crazy as it sounds, the early success in the first 2 years did not help Rex and Co.

With two visits to the conf championship games, they were lulled into believing they had 95% of the formula right.

Rex, Tanny & Co. thought they were a few players away from reaching the next level.

Obviously hindsight is 20/20. 

In 2009 the Jets went further than anyone expected, despite a rookie HC and QB. Then it got hot in the playoffs.

In 2010 I saw a team that squeaked by with some miraculous wins. Then it got hot again in the playoffs.

In both years the defense carried the offense.

Now that massive changes have been made (hopefully for the good), Rex has one more chance to prove he can lead the team.

The overhaul will certainly make this team fun to watch again. At least until the losses start piling up.

Crazy as it sounds, the early success in the first 2 years did not help Rex and Co.

With two visits to the conf championship games, they were lulled into believing they had 95% of the formula right.

Rex, Tanny & Co. thought they were a few players away from reaching the next level.

In 2009 the Jets went further than anyone expected, despite a rookie HC and QB. Then it got hot in the playoffs.

In 2010 I saw a team that squeaked by with some miraculous wins. Then it got hot again in the playoffs.

Now that massive changes have been made (hopefully for the good), Rex has one more chance to prove he can lead the team.

The overhaul will certainly make this team fun to watch again. At least until the losses start piling up.

They actully were a few players away .... The players they decided to bring in we're a joke and areas of obvious need were not even addressed ..... after the 09, 10 seasons this team needed to fill some holes left on the Offensive Line and replace some role players like  Richardson, Hartsock and Turner ( lost for the season during the preseason) who really contributed to the running game and we did nothing and our running game started to go in the toilet not to mention Woody who was a beast in the running game was also not replaced. Many of us here screamed in the offseason because we saw how poorly our O-Line played in the pre season especially the back ups but the Jets decided not to adddress the situation. Fun times.

that is all...

Last year was a low point, designed specifically to cover-up the horror show of his 3rd year.

YEAR 4 WAS A COVER UP!!!

that is all...

Just for giggles - who was it that drafted ole Marky and then got a tattoo with said QB's jersey on his misses?

Rex's biggest offense is turning the team into a lopsided mess. In his first two seasons his roster was generally Mangini-built. That's how it is in a new coaches first couple of years, you inherit a team, then mold it to your own philosophy via the draft and FA. A better GM (not Tannenbaum) would have managed the roster and balanced the tralent better, but Rex, left to his own devices, ignored the offensive line, the WR position, the TE position and simply lobbied for more defensive additions. He then put the ball in the hands of an inexperienced  QB while letting the offensive roster atrophy around him, and continued to take CB's and DL's with his highest draft picks. He then gives the least reputable player on the team a captain's patch (Holmes) and loses quality players like Cotchery. The team he builds is a big mouthed, questionable character group led by divas and overpaid, underperformers. There are on-field arguments, the Sal Alosi tripping incident, media leaks, bragadocio, players and former players public criticism of the team and its locker room. Westhoff publicly criticising bad contracts. There are further embarassments like foot-gate, flipping the bird in public, drunken and shirtless pics...the team becomes a rudderless ship. The offense is low on talent and doomed to fail. Shottenheimer and Sparano get fired. Tannenbaum gets fired. And Rex is still left standing. He earned his criticism.

Not crazy at all.  Expectations got ramped up too high too quickly.  I said so at the time.  They had a rookie QB that really needed to sit for a year or two. There was better veteran leadership, talent and depth than last year, but still there were holes.  That early success definitely caused them to go all in, rather than building more slowly through the draft rather than trying to with older, slower, high-priced veterans.

They actully were a few players away .... The players they decided to bring in we're a joke and areas of obvious need were not even addressed ..... after the 09, 10 seasons this team needed to fill some holes left on the Offensive Line and replace some role players like  Richardson, Hartsock and Turner ( lost for the season during the preseason) who really contributed to the running game and we did nothing and our running game started to go in the toilet not to mention Woody who was a beast in the running game was also not replaced. Many of us here screamed in the offseason because we saw how poorly our O-Line played in the pre season especially the back ups but the Jets decided not to adddress the situation. Fun times.

Agreed.  They let some veteran leaders go and didn't replace them.  There was little or no speed on D and other weaknesses.  

When you are gifted wrapped a playoff caliber team (09-10) its easy...when you hit some bumps in the road two things happen:

1: you become a leader and you adjust to your strength and weaknesses...

2: If not...you become a lame duck.

Which one do you think Rex is right this very moment. Be honest with your self.....

When you are gifted wrapped a playoff caliber team (09-10) its easy...when you hit some bumps in the road two things happen:

1: you become a leader and you adjust to your strength and weaknesses...

2: If not...you become a lame duck.

Which one do you think Rex is right this very moment. Be honest with your self.....

Gift wrapped a playoff caliber team?  Lmfao - Rex inherited, Kellen Clemens as his starting QB, 45 year old Thomas Jones, Chansi Stuckey and Jerricho Cotchery were his receivers.  Which is probably 100x worse than what the Jets are working with today.  Thats how bad the Jets were when Rex took over.

C'mon.  The playoffs were gift wrapped.  That playoff caliber team hadn't been to the playoffs the two years prior, hadn't been out of the wildcard round in four and just had a hall of fame player retire from the most important position on the field with no viable replacement.  With a big bow!

Gift wrapped a playoff caliber team?  Lmfao - Rex inherited, Kellen Clemens as his starting QB, 45 year old Thomas Jones, Chansi Stuckey and Jerricho Cotchery were his receivers.  Which is probably 100x worse than what the Jets are working with today.  Thats how bad the Jets were when Rex took over.

I think we need to check where we were in 2008, in fact at one point we were 8-3, and if Farve doesnt get injuried we go to the playoffs. And probably go far.......2009 and 2010 we were in the AFCCG with a rookie QB......2011? 2012?..2013 fill in the blank.

C'mon.  The playoffs were gift wrapped.  That playoff caliber team hadn't been to the playoffs the two years prior, hadn't been out of the wildcard round in four and just had a hall of fame player retire from the most important position on the field with no viable replacement.  With a big bow!

Its not that easy dude.....2008 we were really good (injury ended our season). Because of Farve for the most part... 2009-2010...AFCCG....2011 and 2012 you can pin right on the chest of Rex's inability to lead.

I think we need to check where we were in 2008, in fact at one point we were 8-3, and if Farve doesnt get injuried we go to the playoffs. And probably go far.......2009 and 2010 we were in the AFCCG with a rookie QB......2011? 2012?..2013 fill in the blank.

What does that have to do with Rex getting a "gift wrapped playoff team"?  And you do realize that Favre was not a member of the NY Jets in 2009, right?  So where we were in 2008 was being led by a HOF QB.  Very different then going into the season with Kellen Clemens as his starting QB. 

Its not that easy dude.....2008 we were really good (injury ended our season). Because of Farve for the most part... 2009-2010...AFCCG....2011 and 2012 you can pin right on the chest of Rex's inability to lead.

Dude?  You can whine about the Rex demeanor and the stupid press and 2011 and 2012 all you want, but saying 2008 was "gift wrapped" is pretty dumb.  They didn't make the playoffs and lost their best player.  They replaced him with a rookie and improved.  It may be little consolation, but Rex lead them better than Mangini.

There is some truth to both positions.  

True, the Jets didn't have a QB, but Thomas Jones was playing at the highest level of his career and was a great leader.  Stuckey played well for the Jets and Cotchery was a great receiver for the Jets.  None of their present WRs can carry Cotch's jock strap.  The 2009 Jets were a disciplined team with excellent veteran leadership.  They had talent.  Mangini was such a rigid disciplinarian that the team played tight.  It's a proven fact that teams play better when they are relaxed and having fun.  Teams reflect their coach's personality.  Football teams always get a sizable bump when they switch from a repressive, rigid disciplinarian to a "players' coach."  The Jets were no exception.  They had fun in 2009 and 2010 and played more relaxed and free.    They still had some discipline and had character and leadership.  Over the course of the 2009 and 2010 offseasons, Tanny and Rex stripped that veteran leadership from the team, and started bringing in more and more players with questionable character.  The team became more like its HC, undisciplined and questionable character.  We seen the results of that the last two seasons.

There is some truth to both positions.  

True, the Jets didn't have a QB, but Thomas Jones was playing at the highest level of his career and was a great leader.  Stuckey played well for the Jets and Cotchery was a great receiver for the Jets.  None of their present WRs can carry Cotch's jock strap.  The 2009 Jets were a disciplined team with excellent veteran leadership.  They had talent.  Mangini was such a rigid disciplinarian that the team played tight.  It's a proven fact that teams play better when they are relaxed and having fun.  Teams reflect their coach's personality.  Football teams always get a sizable bump when they switch from a repressive, rigid disciplinarian to a "players' coach."  The Jets were no exception.  They had fun in 2009 and 2010 and played more relaxed and free.    They still had some discipline and had character and leadership.  Over the course of the 2009 and 2010 offseasons, Tanny and Rex stripped that veteran leadership from the team, and started bringing in more and more players with questionable character.  The team became more like its HC, undisciplined and questionable character.  We seen the results of that the last two seasons.

I'm just going to quickly repeat what you said because I find it very funny - "hey, the Jets didnt have a QB, you know the most important position in all of sports, but at least they had 32 year old take what the line gives you Thomas Jones for a RB and 2 JAG WR's" - lulza

You credit Rex Ryan for his ability to create a relaxed and fun environment which equated to success but then quickly blame the same HC for the current state of the team?  Which veterans were "stripped" of their leadership?  

Here's what happened with the NY Jets.  They figured their 5th overall pick QB could step up and actually be a leader and help the team win.  What actually happened was, he was anything but a leader and turned out to be the worst starting QB in the league who helped the team lose.  Thats what happened with the NY Jets.  Give Rex an average starter over the past 2 years who doesnt turn the ball over every other possession and the Jets dont miss the playoffs despite the obvious void of talent on the roster. 

The only problem I have with Rex is that he talks too much off the field. Let his coaching, game plan, and how his players perform on the field do the talking. Leave the Super Bowl predictions to Namath. It was original when Joe did it.

And look at the team he will be leaving us. Oh, crap.

I'm just going to quickly repeat what you said because I find it very funny - "hey, the Jets didnt have a QB, you know the most important position in all of sports, but at least they had 32 year old take what the line gives you Thomas Jones for a RB and 2 JAG WR's" - lulza

You credit Rex Ryan for his ability to create a relaxed and fun environment which equated to success but then quickly blame the same HC for the current state of the team?  Which veterans were "stripped" of their leadership?  

Here's what happened with the NY Jets.  They figured their 5th overall pick QB could step up and actually be a leader and help the team win.  What actually happened was, he was anything but a leader and turned out to be the worst starting QB in the league who helped the team lose.  Thats what happened with the NY Jets.  Give Rex an average starter over the past 2 years who doesnt turn the ball over every other possession and the Jets dont miss the playoffs despite the obvious void of talent on the roster. 

lulza yourself (whatever that means)

There were FA QBs available that would have provided a much higher caliber of play than Sanchez.  Everyone said that Sanchez needed to sit for a year or two.  Rex and Tanny foolishly chose to start Sanchez and not bring in veteran insurance other than Brunell who was done as a player and could only serve as a mentor.

The flip side of relaxed and free is undisciplined and no accountability.  That's what happens with player coaches.  It's as inevitable as the bump teams get in switching from a rigid disciplinarian to a players' coach.  The first couple of years the team does better because of that freedom.  By year 3, things start breaking down.  If you were a student of the game and had watched the NFL as long as I have, you'd know that.

RIF...I didn't say that any veterans were stripped of their leadership, I said that veteran leadership was removed from the team, i.e., players were traded or released who were still productive and had been leaders.  There became a leadership void.  Rex's idea of leadership was Tone.   lulza  Rex is incapable of providing the leadership himself as a HC is supposed to do.

What's laughable is that fans like you have your heads so far up Rex's ass that you can't see the truth of what a lousy HC he is and how he has hurt this franchise every bit as much as he has helped it, perhaps even more.  He is the one who created the circus atmosphere, not Tanny. He is the one who has made the team a laughingstock in the NFL again.

Archived