OT - Is Bob Stoops Right about the SEC?

LAD_Brooklyn

Bob Stoops

“It depends on who you want to listen to,” Stoops said. “Listen, they’ve had the best team in college football, meaning they’ve won the national championship. That doesn’t mean everything else is always the best.”

“So you’re listening to a lot of propaganda that gets fed out to you,” he said. “You’re more than smart enough to figure it out. Again, you can look at the top two, three, four, five, six teams, and you can look at the bottom six, seven, eight, whatever they are. How well are they all doing?

“What’d we (the Big 12) have, eight of 10 teams in bowl games this year? Again, you figure it all out.”

Nick Saban

“I’ve got more important things to do than sit around and read what Bob Stoops has to say about anything.”

Saban added that he "really likes Stoops" but added that "people who don't play in our league (SEC) ... don't understand how tough it is."

SEC is over rated because they have all the steroid using talent

Then which college conference is superior, and why??  It's hard to think anyone can find an argument against a conference that's won 7 of the last 7 BCS championships and 8 of the last 10.

I hear those USC and PAC-12 guys are just so squeaky clean....

cover_display_image.jpg?1273619673

And just because I don't feel like looking all the pictures up, how about the ACC and all the freaks Maryland has put out or the Big 10 and guys like gholston and the poster child of steroid use in david boston.  But no, the SEC is wining because they're the only ones who take PEDs...

Stoops is wrong to answer the question.

His point of 8 teams going to a bowl is stupid.  There are 35 bowls.  The big conferences are going to send a majority of their teams to bowls.  Boston College had the longest bowl winning streak not to long ago and it meant nothing.

The proof is on the field.  SEC teams deliver in the most important games, unless they are playing each other 

They do not choke like KSU did to a crappy Baylor team last year.  Or OSU choking against a crappy Iowa State team the year before that. 

Archived