Scott Cohen out in New York

F.Chowds

Scott Cohen out in New York

Posted by Mike Florio on May 15, 2013, 7:19 AM EDT
cohen.jpg?w=239

In roughly four months, Jets assistant G.M. Scott Cohen has gone from being a candidate to run the football operation to being unfit to continue working for it.

According to Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News, Cohen is the next man to go in the post-draft shakeup under G.M. John Idzik.

It’s not a surprise, given that new General Managers want their own people in place.

Cohen arrived in 2008 as assistant G.M. after serving as director of pro personnel with the Eagles, working closely with former Eagles G.M. Tom Heckert.

The changes in the team’s front office serve only to fuel speculation that, just as Idzik wants his own people implementing his vision of the front office, he’ll eventually want his own coach to effect Idzik’s vision of the team.

Source: Assistant general manager Scott Cohen leaving Jets

BY MANISH MEHTA

The Daily News has learned that the Jets will not renew assistant general manager Scott Cohen’s contract. Cohen’s departure is the most significant front office personnel move since John Idzik took over as the general manager four months ago.

Cohen, who spent time with the Redskins, Jaguars and Eagles before joining the Jets in 2008, interviewed for Gang Green's G.M. vacancy before Woody Johnson hired Idzik.

Cohen follows JoJo Wooden, who left last week to become the Chargers Director of Player Personnel.

Idzik has also moved on from three scouts this offseason, including Mike Davis, who served as the organization’s longtime assistant scouting director.

This offseason was for absorbing some pain, and laying a couple bricks for the foundation. Next year is the real makeover. Idzik needs to put his team in place now in preparation. Letting people go is a start, I guess, but I'm looking forward to hearing about who he's bringing in.

This offseason was for absorbing some pain, and laying a couple bricks for the foundation. Next year is the real makeover. Idzik needs to put his team in place now in preparation. Letting people go is a start, I guess, but I'm looking forward to hearing about who he's bringing in.

TomShane.

How long before Bradway ends up hanging from a hook in a meat locker?

LOL..face it man, ole Terry already has won..

Look how long he has held on for God's sake,,At his age he is just throwin more money into 401 and letting it grow while living off Jets dime.. He could CARE LESS I guarantee it if Jets can him. He will tip his hat and say 'its been a pleasure' and then he will just plop his ass on the beach and not call in once or twice a day like he does now as a telecommuter :)

Me too. 

Rare chance to actually say: If it's broke, fix it.

Decades of evidence prove it's broken.

LOL..face it man, ole Terry already has won..

Look how long he has held on for God's sake,,At his age he is just throwin more money into 401 and letting it grow while living off Jets dime.. He could CARE LESS I guarantee it if Jets can him. He will tip his hat and say 'its been a pleasure' and then he will just plop his ass on the beach and not call in once or twice a day like he does now as a telecommuter :)

Schmoozing Woody is an extremely profitable endeavor. Just ask Rove.

Archived