WHOSE GOING TO THE DRAFT

GREENSMACKS

its at the jacob javits center. you for real about the tix?

GreenSMacks I do not think this has been decided yet but I am pretty sure they want to rotate it to a couple of places and will not be in New York in 2006

I guess some people have reading comprehension problems, but like I said 4 posts ago and like FABA confirmed, the location of the draft has not been decided. It will most likely not be in NY.

Here's an article on potential sites.

Draft could be going to Disney World

The location of the 2006 NFL draft has not been decided, but one possibility is Disney World in Orlando. Will Mickey Mouse be a first-round pick? Is Donald Duck a reach in the second round? What player will be the Cinderella story?

Over the weekend, the draft was held for the first time at the Javits Center after the NFL ended its 10-year run at Madison Square Garden, prompted by Cablevision's opposition to the Jets' attempt to build a West Side stadium.

The league had a one-year agreement with the Javits Center and will consider returning next year. Disney World has made a presentation to the league.

The fact Disney-owned ESPN televises the draft gives the NFL a natural tie-in to move it to the world of make-believe.

The league considered Philadelphia this year and it remains a possibility for next year, as well as Chicago. The most intriguing concept the league is considering: Conducting the draft each year in the city whose team has the first overall pick.

Archived