Mike Goodson Arrested: MERGED (UPDATED WITH CHARGES)

Matt39

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh I think it might be worst then that Tom.

The next uniform this kid wears might be bright orange.

And he might get used to working off Route 80 in Denville - At least on the weekends with the rest of the clean-up crew...

0419Labor7.jpg

You might be right.  it will take a day or two to find out what really happened

BTW, this is all you fault.  If Broadway Joe hadn't sold his soul in 1968, we wouldn't be stuck here in Perdition

Although not a religious or spiritual man, I'm slowly coming around to believing this.  I'd believe it more if he were still Broadway Joe and wearing fur coats and bedding gorgeous women, instead of grandpa joe with his pants up to his nipples and taking online classes at alabama while fighting sobriety.

Both passengers got hit with the same weapons charges (Evans got the additional charge of weapons violation with an existing felony) All's we can do is hope Evans gets stuck with the charges and Goodson's are dropped. Otherwise you're right - he's a goner. 

You're an officer right?  What happens when it is an unregistered gun and no one takes the fall, do they both get charged (kind of like the old prisoners dilemma).   Also, not plausible, but I'm curious now, what happens if it's a perfectly registered handgun, yet loaded with hollow points? Is that just the one felony for the bullets?? 

It may not end his career but it does end his time with the Jets.  Idzik was brought in to change the culture and add an aire of sophistication.  I don't see how he can stand for this..  especially considering they cut to UDFA's last week for far less.  I'm sure they're currently trying to find a way to cut him without being on the hook financially.

I don't know ... not saying it wasn't the height of stupidity ... but it could be as simple as going out with an old homey and getting loaded with a couple buds in your pocket. If I'm Idzik, I'm thinking I'm one Ivory injury away from last seasons un-ground un-pound without even the "benefit" of the primary bell cow - in other words - schwansed 

Although not a religious or spiritual man, I'm slowly coming around to believing this.  I'd believe it more if he were still Broadway Joe and wearing fur coats and bedding gorgeous women, instead of grandpa joe with his pants up to his nipples and taking online classes at alabama while fighting sobriety.

You're an officer right?  What happens when it is an unregistered gun and no one takes the fall, do they both get charged (kind of like the old prisoners dilemma).   Also, not plausible, but I'm curious now, what happens if it's a perfectly registered handgun, yet loaded with hollow points? Is that just the one felony for the bullets?? 

Not an officer - we need GOB or Lance. But if it's registered it would have to be to Goodson as the other guy is a felonious mf'er and I think the hollowpoint thing in NJ is very bad bananas 

Very conflicting stories, as most of the articles posted on here are saying the gun was found on his possession, but it seems to me that's the story they're running with as it's bigger headlines.  The most accurate report I read seemed to say that after the two were brought to the ER via ambulance  the police searched the car and found the concealed gun.  Odds are it's probably the owner of the car's and Goodson just has some hood rat friends; if so, besides hanging with the wrong people, I can't really fault the guy besides getting in the car with a driver who's been drinking.  

Yeah, how the facts all shake out with this could end up having a huge impact on how this affects his future with not only the Jets, but in the NFL and of course, prison.

Most recent reports suggest the drugs were found on him in which case he's at the very least looking at a suspension.  The gun charges will be the real major issue though.

You really need to watch Ghost Rider.

It may not end his career but it does end his time with the Jets.  Idzik was brought in to change the culture and add an aire of sophistication.  I don't see how he can stand for this..  especially considering they cut to UDFA's last week for far less.  I'm sure they're currently trying to find a way to cut him without being on the hook financially.

I agree.   I love the game itself, but sometimes wonder why I spend my time rooting for a bunch of cretins.  How stupid can these players be to keep making the same mistakes over and over that they've seen others make?  I guess their sense of physical superiority makes them feel like they're different and won't get caught, but sheesh, you'd think by now they'd realize that ultimately they can and will get caught.

Jets RB Mike Goodson has been formally slapped with five charges stemming from his Friday morning marijuana and weapons arrest.

Per USA Today's Mike Garafolo, Goodson has been
charged with possession of marijuana, possession of marijuana
paraphernalia, possession of a handgun, possession of a loaded gun, and
possession of hollow-point bullets. He may need a miracle-working
attorney to avoid jail time. An NFL suspension also seems likely.

I agree.   I love the game itself, but sometimes wonder why I spend my time rooting for a bunch of cretins.  How stupid can these players be to keep making the same mistakes over and over that they've seen others make?  I guess their sense of physical superiority makes them feel like they're different and won't get caught, but sheesh, you'd think by now they'd realize that ultimately they can and will get caught.

I made plenty of mistakes in my early 20's but I also didn't have a couple million dollars to protect.  I think he's an idiot but not necessarily a horrible guy..  although he'll have to explain that whole hollow point business.

I made plenty of mistakes in my early 20's but I also didn't have a couple million dollars to protect.  I think he's an idiot but not necessarily a horrible guy..  although he'll have to explain that whole hollow point business.

You know, they are designed to go through vests.

WE all do a lot of dumb things when young, but there's dumb and there's DUMB!!!!  

I didn't say he was horrible, just horribly stupid.  It's bad enough to risk jail time no matter what his career is, but a high profile job where millions of dollars are on the line, it's just plain moronic.  Now I get that some of them didn't come from good home environments, and some have been spoiled and catered to and allowed to get away with things throughout their public school and collegiate years, and that isn't their fault, but sooner or later everyone has to accept that as adults, we're responsible for our own decisions and actions, and that there are consequences for those actions.

It's sad.  All that talent wasted in the name of drugs.

Jets RB Mike Goodson has been formally slapped with five charges stemming from his Friday morning marijuana and weapons arrest.

Yeah, he needs to have most of these charges tossed out if he wants to stand a chance.  He's looking like a goner.

I didn't say he was horrible, just horribly stupid.  It's bad enough to risk jail time no matter what his career is, but a high profile job where millions of dollars are on the line, it's just plain moronic.  Now I get that some of them didn't come from good home environments, and some have been spoiled and catered to and allowed to get away with things throughout their public school and collegiate years, and that isn't their fault, but sooner or later everyone has to accept that as adults, we're responsible for our own decisions and actions, and that there are consequences for those actions.

Well this will certainly do the trick..  shame too.  I listened to his interview with Eric Allen on NYJ.com a couple weeks ago and he seemed like a genuine guy.  Didn't sound like the type of idiot you'd normally see involved in this.

You know, they are designed to go through vests.

Wrong.  It just the opposite -- hollow points have less penetration in order to cause more damage.  It is a nice round to give lighter calibers a little more stopping power.

Wrong.  It just the opposite -- hollow points have less penetration in order to cause more damage.  It is a nice round to give lighter calibers a little more stopping power.

Yeah, that's why Pac likes them.

Order of events:

1. McKnight: "They'll have to kill me to take my roster spot."

2. ???

3. Immediately thereafter: Goodson mysteriously found with drugs and weapons.

Now I'm not saying he was set up. But...

Will this relieve him of his corner back duties?

That dude is ****ed. lmfao.  What an absolute moron. 

No biggie for the Jets.  He sucked and Powell is better.

Archived