Mike Goodson Arrested: MERGED (UPDATED WITH CHARGES)

Matt39

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jets RB Mike Goodson has been formally slapped with five charges stemming from his Friday morning marijuana and weapons arrest.

Per USA Today's Mike Garafolo, Goodson has been

charged with possession of marijuana, possession of marijuana

paraphernalia, possession of a handgun, possession of a loaded gun, and

possession of hollow-point bullets. He may need a miracle-working

attorney to avoid jail time. An NFL suspension also seems likely.

i think johnny cochrans dead....

The NJ State Police are notorious for over charging.   

Hopefully they are just throwing a lot of crap at him to get him to rail road his buddy

I can't even hope that.  If he's stupid enough to associate with people like that, then he deserves to go down imo.

Not if he had Hollow points on his person.

Even in Florida, which has great gun laws, you have hollow points, you go bye-bye

Sorry, but that is false. Hollow points aren't illegal in Florida. Most gun shops actually recommend them over full metal jackets, because you run the risk of the bullet over penatrating and harming someone, you didn't intend to harm. A hollow point just shatters on impact so if you hit your target or a wall it wont exit out the other side. He'll get in trouble if the gun was out in the open, loaded, and they can prove he knew it was in the car.

Sorry, but that is false. Hollow points aren't illegal in Florida. Most gun shops actually recommend them over full metal jackets, because you run the risk of the bullet over penatrating and harming someone, you didn't intend to harm. A hollow point just shatters on impact so if you hit your target or a wall it wont exit out the other side. He'll get in trouble if the gun was out in the open, loaded, and they can prove he knew it was in the car.

you are correct.  I was thinking of AP, API

you are correct.  I was thinking of AP, API

It's all good. I only know because my job required me to carry to and from work. Apparently they're not illegal in NJ either. He'll only get the gun charge if they can prove he knew it was in car. Either way, they should cut him right now, which really sucks. I thought he was a great addition to the team.

A little less then 2 guaranteed over 3 year I believe. I think it's worth it personally, even if it's just to establish some spine post Tanny

Not bad. I just don't want to pay the clown to get off the hook and go play somewhere else and put down real numbers. Then again, I would like to see a hungry (figurative) McKnight show us something. Ivory/McKnight is a pretty dynamic combo.

Larz, I can understand that but he might get off clean. Based on what I read he was only the passenger in the car and the gun was found in the car, not on him. The weed was on him, but that's only a misdemeanor because it was such a small amount. He must've smoked the rest.

Larz, I can understand that but he might get off clean. Based on what I read he was only the passenger in the car and the gun was found in the car, not on him. The weed was on him, but that's only a misdemeanor because it was such a small amount. He must've smoked the rest.

lipstick on a pig

he'll eventually go down if he's hanging out with that crowd

send the message

A little less then 2 guaranteed over 3 year I believe. I think it's worth it personally, even if it's just to establish some spine post Tanny

I believe Jason tweeted earlier that if Goodson goes to prison and misses time, it constitutes a breach of contract and the Jets could recoup the signing bonus.

Archived