Wait, so why do we have to keep sanchez? Start Tebow and let Geno learn

BornJetsFan1983

Start anyone but Smith at QB.

The team is rebuilding.  Put a rookie in at QB and he'll be mentally wrecked by week 8.

Depends on the rookie. Theoretically Washington, Indy and Seattle could have been looked at as teams rebuilding. But I do agree with THIS particular QB starting it's pretty much a lock we draft another QB early next year. Really wish we had someone other than Sanchez to play for part of the season to let Geno get acclimated and spend a little time watching and learning before being thrown off the cliff.

I think we are all shell shocked since we've had to watch Sanchez at QB for the last 4years. I think if he is good enough play him. Smiths a smart kid. we ant winning anything this year. It's a rebuild, if he can play or shows flashes great. I know the plan was to play Garard then phase Smith in later.

Let him play, since if Sanchez gets wheeled out, it's going to be a Boo feast. Imagine a Revis pick 6, the Town will implode.

Probably because he also led the NFL in incompletion percentage, sacked percentage, and -not surprisingly- three & outs percentage. He's certainly got the intangibles package, it's just that his tangibles leave a lot to be desired.

Yes he did suck it up pretty bad at times, aside from the usual *Tebow fan* litany of bullet points about the people he was stuck with during his "first start(s)" he still took a team that had the 24th ranked defense, and the 32nd ranked running game, and a 1.8% chance stumbling into the playoffs..  and there is a QB in there somewhere.

Yes he did suck it up pretty bad at times, aside from the usual *Tebow fan* litany of bullet points about the people he was stuck with during his "first start(s)" he still took a team that had the 24th ranked defense, and the 32nd ranked running game, and a 1.8% chance stumbling into the playoffs..  and there is a QB in there somewhere.

LOL.  What are you talking about?  That Broncos team had the league's FIRST ranked running game that year.  Perhaps you're confusing that with their 31st ranked passing game?

A lot of the plays that make Tebow look good occur when the play breaks down, usually because Tebow has taken too long to throw, or has run himself into a corner. As an NFL offense, do you really want your plays breaking down so frequently that a guy like Tebow can be successful?

A great QB always makes the small plays that aren't shown on highlight reels. I hate Tom Brady. But I don't (just) hate him because he can make a great throw on 2nd and 25. I hate him because he can thread the needle in the slot for 6 or 7 yards, every.single.time. That's really the reason he makes us all miserable. Because the defense just has to hold him off on 3rd and 6, and it feels like they never do.

Tebow can't do that, and I don't think he ever could with any amount of playing time.

Depends on the rookie. Theoretically Washington, Indy and Seattle could have been looked at as teams rebuilding. But I do agree with THIS particular QB starting it's pretty much a lock we draft another QB early next year. Really wish we had someone other than Sanchez to play for part of the season to let Geno get acclimated and spend a little time watching and learning before being thrown off the cliff.

Why?

I get the point you are making, but why wait with Geno?

He started three years (unlike Mark).  He attempted three times the passes Mark did while in college and did not have nearly the supporting cast.

If you are a lock to draft a QB next year, why not let Geno show what he can do.  If he is that bad and the Jets are that bad, you can get pretty close to the front of th eline on the next 'great' QB.

Why?

I get the point you are making, but why wait with Geno?

He started three years (unlike Mark).  He attempted three times the passes Mark did while in college and did not have nearly the supporting cast.

If you are a lock to draft a QB next year, why not let Geno show what he can do.  If he is that bad and the Jets are that bad, you can get pretty close to the front of th eline on the next 'great' QB.

I just think if he has half a season to sit, learn and practice he will have a better chance of success. The dude is JUST learning to take a snap under center. Come on man.

LOL.  What are you talking about?  That Broncos team had the league's FIRST ranked running game that year.  Perhaps you're confusing that with their 31st ranked passing game?

When Tebow took over, they were dead last.

For starters, I'm not sure I even believe this to be true.  What are you basing this on?  Regardless, even if it is true though, please let me know which one of these you'd like your position to be supporting exactly:

1.  You're basing this on mid-season yardage totals in a desperate attempt to act like it proves something, while intentionally omitting the circumstances that Tebow stepped in with the Bronco's coming off of a bye week when many teams had not yet had one, and thus there being no legitimate point of comparison in total numbers at that time, only giving further support to the idea that there is no legitimate means by which to defend Tebow's play.

OR

2.  The fact that the Bronco's rushing game supposedly climbed from last to first in the league while their passing game plummeted to second to last proves how unbelievably horrendous of a passer Tebow is and that the Bronco's so-called "success" was more in spite of him than because of him.

Because frankly, I'm not sure what you think these circumstances do to counter the belief of Tebow being an awful passer.

I just think if he has half a season to sit, learn and practice he will have a better chance of success. The dude is JUST learning to take a snap under center. Come on man.

That is not the league any more.

Only one of the Top 10 rated QBs last year took a majority (>%50)  of their snaps under center (Schaub).  Two Others, (Wilson and Rothelsberger) took a majority of their snaps in the shotgun, but were under 60%.

I like the Geno pick, but developing him into a 3/5 step dop QB is not playing to his strengths.  Put him the shotgun or pistol and let him plat to his strength.

That is not the league any more.

Only one of the Top 10 rated QBs last year took a majority (>P)  of their snaps under center (Schaub).  Two Others, (Wilson and Rothelsberger) took a majority of their snaps in the shotgun, but were under 60%.

I like the Geno pick, but developing him into a 3/5 step dop QB is not playing to his strengths.  Put him the shotgun or pistol and let him plat to his strength.

Yeah but he will still be under center at times. He has to learn to do that.

Only, in the division. 

They averaged more points with Orton (20.25) than Tebow (18.54).  While they did average more yards, their defense started to play better and it is no coincidence that their schedule became very easy.  The two teams they faced with winning records destroyed them (e.g. Lions 45-10 and Patriots 41-23).  They beat a bunch of teams that finished 8-8 or worse.

• 3 weeks later...

For starters, I'm not sure I even believe this to be true.  What are you basing this on?  Regardless, even if it is true though, please let me know which one of these you'd like your position to be supporting exactly:

1.  You're basing this on mid-season yardage totals in a desperate attempt to act like it proves something, while intentionally omitting the circumstances that Tebow stepped in with the Bronco's coming off of a bye week when many teams had not yet had one, and thus there being no legitimate point of comparison in total numbers at that time, only giving further support to the idea that there is no legitimate means by which to defend Tebow's play.

OR

2.  The fact that the Bronco's rushing game supposedly climbed from last to first in the league while their passing game plummeted to second to last proves how unbelievably horrendous of a passer Tebow is and that the Bronco's so-called "success" was more in spite of him than because of him.

Because frankly, I'm not sure what you think these circumstances do to counter the belief of Tebow being an awful passer.

I am basing it off the rankings at the time..

Look, I watched this kid from his start at college to watching him thread the needle on every team he faced...He will eventually do the same in the NFL. Watch.

Only, in the division. 

They averaged more points with Orton (20.25) than Tebow (18.54).  While they did average more yards, their defense started to play better and it is no coincidence that their schedule became very easy.  The two teams they faced with winning records destroyed them (e.g. Lions 45-10 and Patriots 41-23).  They beat a bunch of teams that finished 8-8 or worse.

Doesn't matter they hadn't whiffed a division title in seven years, and the brass said Orton was more of a winner, they were wrong. The stats say they had a one point eight percent chance, Tebow came through in the clutch and won some great games against worthy opponents, get over it.

Doesn't matter they hadn't whiffed a division title in seven years, and the brass said Orton was more of a winner, they were wrong. The stats say they had a one point eight percent chance, Tebow came through in the clutch and won some great games against worthy opponents, get over it.

Oy!

Tebow beat worthy opponents.  Ok.

Beat Miami 6-10 in OT

Crushed by 10-6 Detroit 45-10

Beat 7-9 KC with a 2-8 performance.

Beat 8-8 Jets

Beat 8-8 Chargers

Beat 3-13 Vikings

Beat 8-8 bears

Crushed by New England 41-23

Crushed by 6-10 Bills 40-14

Lost 7-9 Chiefs 7-3.

His only notable win was against the Steelers in the playoffs and soon after that he was crushed again by New England.

He came through int he clutch, because D and Special Teams ke[t them in the game long enough for him to get his $hit together.

Oy!

Beat Miami 6-10 in OT

Beat 8-8 Jets

Beat 8-8 Chargers

Beat 3-13 Vikings

Beat 8-8 bears

Lost 7-9 Chiefs 7-3.

His only notable win was against the Steelers in the playoffs and soon after that he was crushed again by New England.

He came through int he clutch, because D and Special Teams ke[t them in the game long enough for him to get his $hit together.

Yes the great defense that lost twenty point leads against the Steelers and the Pats.

They were ranked 24th in the league when he became starter in the middle of game 5 that year. But the donkey s had teh 30th ranked running game, so that helped..

gtfoh

Oy!

Beat Miami 6-10 in OT

Beat 8-8 Jets

Beat 8-8 Chargers

Beat 3-13 Vikings

Beat 8-8 bears

Lost 7-9 Chiefs 7-3.

Not to mention that Steeler team he beat was seriously deficient from injuries.

Yes the great defense that lost twenty point leads against the Steelers and the Pats.

They were ranked 24th in the league when he became starter in the middle of game 5 that year. But the donkey s had teh 30th ranked running game, so that helped..

gtfoh

Stop embellishing.

The 20 point lead against the Patriots was only 9.  And after taken the 9 point lead, the Offense next drives ended in fumble, fumble, punt, punt and punt before finally scoring and closing the gap to 34-23.

Similar with the Steelers in which the lead was only 14 (20-6): punt, FG, fumble, punt.

Again, he gets way too much credit for the revival.  

I did not say the D was great, but they did keep him

Archived