Yankees Injuries

Maxman

The injuries don't seem to be holding the Yankees back.  But does anyone have the latest on Tex, Jeter, ARod and Pineda?

Jeter I don't think we're going to get a time frame on since it led to him hurting himself further the last time but if they can stay at .600 baseball I hope he takes his time. I was was wondering about Pineda yesterday and read his velocity is coming along nicely and that he was going to get around 60 pitches in his next rehab start so I'm hoping like another month or so. Tex I have no idea and Arod I hope falls into an active volcano.

It's so awesome how the Yankees are able to replace broken down steroid guys with older, veteran steroid guys who mysteriously re-find their power stroke shortly after signing with them.

Hah!

Pineda has been throwing well (hitting upper 90's again) and is slated for 2 or 3 minor league starts.  We could see him in the rotation as soon as early June.  Phil Hughes can go back to being an effective reliever hopefully.  Upgrade.

Jeter has been doing light activity and is expected back some time after the AS break.  Certainly an upgrade over Nix or Brignac (one of whom will be out, I'm guessing Nix).

ARod is still a ways out, best case for him would be August.  (Best case for the fans and the team would be never).

Youkilis and Teixieria are both playing rehab games now.  Couple weeks away.  Going to be a shame to have to lose Overbay.  He's been solid, with very timely hitting and stellar defense.  Youk is definitely going to be an upgrade over Adams.  Maybe they can actually trade one or two of these guys and get something in return.

Pettitte should come back as soon as his DL stint is up, same for Nova.  Although at this point, Nova should have to prove again that he deserves a spot in the rotation more than Phelps.

It's so awesome how the Yankees are able to replace broken down steroid guys with older, veteran steroid guys who mysteriously re-find their power stroke shortly after signing with them.

Baseball is better with Steroids. everyone knows it

Archived