•  

Welcome to JetNation.com

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to JetNation.com, your home for New York Jets talk. We are an independent site, which means we aren't affiliated with the NY Jets or SNY. The opinions here are never censored. We want you to join in on the conversation, but don't worry this is a simple and FREE process. Be apart of JetNation.com by signing in or creating an account. When you create an account, you can also opt to use your existing Facebook or Twitter login.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
Also be sure to check us out on Facebook and Twitter.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Unnamed Jet: Bench Sanchez

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#1 Lizard King

Lizard King

Perpetual Mediocrity

• Members
  • 5,629 posts
  • LocationMendham, NJ

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:14 PM

http://profootballta...n-mark-sanchez/

It’s good to see that Woody Johnson’s ban on leaks held up so well.

While this one wasn’t the front office variety which was so common before, an unnamed Jets player has already started the Mark Sanchez-ripping which I think we all saw coming.

Come to think of it, Unnamed Jet has been the team’s most consistent performer in recent years.

Mike Freeman of CBSSports.com talked to a Jets player, who didn’t offer his name, who said 80 to 90 percent of the team was ready to see Sanchez replaced as the starting quarterback.

“Everyone on the team likes Mark personally but there’s a general feeling among some of the players that maybe it’s time to give someone else a chance,” the player said.

This comes on the heels of a three-interception practice by Sanchez which coach Rex Ryan deemed “unacceptable.”

This train is only leaving the station, and it’s only going to pick up steam. If not for the horrible contract extension the previous administration gave him, new Jets General Manager John Idzik might have been inclined to start that rebuilding effort with rookie quarterback Geno Smith.

But numbers dictated that they keep Sanchez, and now they’re apparently in for a fun year of back-biting and general mayhem.

cowardlylion.jpg

Edited by BleedGreen314, 23 May 2013 - 01:15 PM.

#2 JiF

JiF

Say yer prayers Varmint!

• Members
  • 38,356 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between Heaven and Hell

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:17 PM

There is nobody on the Jets capable of giving such an elegant quote.  Not buying this article.

But I agree.  Screw Mark Sanchez.  The guy sucks. 

Posted Image

#3 Lizard King

Lizard King

Perpetual Mediocrity

• Members
  • 5,629 posts
  • LocationMendham, NJ

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:20 PM

There is nobody on the Jets capable of giving such an elegant quote.  Not buying this article.

But I agree.  Screw Mark Sanchez.  The guy sucks. 

Actually, that could totally be Mangold. LOL

#4 Bleedin Green

Bleedin Green

SuperTwat

• Members
  • 21,488 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:22 PM

“Everyone on the team likes Mark personally but there’s a general feeling among some of the players that maybe it’s time to give someone else a chance,” the player said.

You have to love that this is the only thing from the entire article which is actually coming from this unnamed Jet, while the rest is just more of the same old desperate attempts at sh*t-stirring from the media.  Truth be told, this quote is pretty tame all things considered; about at as tame as you could get given the topic.  I mean, they like him but think that maybe someone else should be given a chance?  You mean exactly like the team is currently doing so with this QB competition?  Oh the horror!

By day he's the (not so) mild-mannered Bleedin Green, but by night...

TL;DR

#5 BroadwayJoe12

BroadwayJoe12

JN's Rust Cohle

• Members
  • 8,658 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:31 PM

"Maybe it's time to give someone else a chance," is essentially saying the same thing as 'we should probably bring in some competition.' The head coach, owner and GM has repeatedly said the same thing publicly, not sure how this is exactly news-worthy.

#6 flgreen

flgreen

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 17,187 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:39 PM

You have to love that this is the only thing from the entire article which is actually coming from this unnamed Jet, while the rest is just more of the same old desperate attempts at sh*t-stirring from the media.  Truth be told, this quote is pretty tame all things considered; about at as tame as you could get given the topic.  I mean, they like him but think that maybe someone else should be given a chance?  You mean exactly like the team is currently doing so with this QB competition?  Oh the horror!

+1

This is a total BS article.  Not that the theme of it is wrong, but it is way over blown, and not news

#7 kay_gee

kay_gee

full time Jets fan, part time troll

• Writers \ Bloggers
  • 2,541 posts
  • Locationlive from New York

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:41 PM

This.

#8 dbatesman

dbatesman

Failgoat 2.0

• Members
  • 8,851 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:55 PM

THANKS A LOT, MEDIA

This is like having a cat with leukemia.

#9 faba

faba

• Moderators
  • 25,770 posts
  • LocationHolmdel

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:02 PM

It is called creating a misleading headline to get readers

Treat people with how you want to be treated-with respect.

#10 Pac

Pac

shark jumper

• Members
  • 14,594 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:03 PM

My money is on McElroy as the unnamed Jet.

this is already being called a "non-story" by Cimini..  that should tell you something.

#11 T0mShane

T0mShane

When it's over, that's the time I fall in love againlolo

• Members
  • 28,127 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:08 PM

There is nobody on the Jets capable of giving such an elegant quote. Not buying this article.

But I agree. Screw Mark Sanchez. The guy sucks.

My money is on Brick or Stephen Hill. Hill is articulate, but stupid enough to confide in a hack like Freeman.
Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

#12 JiF

JiF

Say yer prayers Varmint!

• Members
  • 38,356 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between Heaven and Hell

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:18 PM

this is already being called a "non-story" by Cimini..  that should tell you something.

McElroy is the only dude thats ever put his name on it around these parts.

My money is on Brick or Stephen Hill. Hill is articulate, but stupid enough to confide in a hack like Freeman.

Definitely offense, definitely not Holmes. 

Posted Image

#13 Strangefunk

Strangefunk

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 187 posts
  • LocationNew York The Greatest City in the WORLD!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:22 PM

The unnamed player is basically saying that for the past 4 years it was 100% Buttfumble's job. Now, the team feels like someone else, Geno, should be given the real opportunity to start. I completely agree. Nothing replaces game experience. Start Geno in game 1.

#14 flgreen

flgreen

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 17,187 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:31 PM

The unnamed player is basically saying that for the past 4 years it was 100% Buttfumble's job. Now, the team feels like someone else, Geno, should be given the real opportunity to start. I completely agree. Nothing replaces game experience. Start Geno in game 1.

Then draft  Teddy in round 1

#15 Jacked4JetsFB

Jacked4JetsFB

YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!

• Banned
  • 1,160 posts
  • LocationA land far, far away

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:53 PM

There is no way the Jets can bench Sanchez this year, he will be but June 1, you cannot bench a player not on your team.

#16 Sperm Edwards

Sperm Edwards

Penis

• Moderators
  • 28,738 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:59 PM

If Geno Smith really can't beat out Sanchez - never one to do well in pre-season himself - then he shouldn't be starting week 1.

As much as I can't stand Sanchez, if he wins the job he wins the job.  The chances of him keeping it are pretty slim anyway.

JetNation.com

#17 stugotz81

stugotz81

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:07 PM

If Geno Smith really can't beat out Sanchez - never one to do well in pre-season himself - then he shouldn't be starting week 1.

As much as I can't stand Sanchez, if he wins the job he wins the job.  The chances of him keeping it are pretty slim anyway.

And that my friend, is the silver lining.

You can’t fly with eagles when you keep walking with turkeys

#18 whodeawhodat

whodeawhodat

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 1,415 posts
  • LocationI was up above it, now I'm down in it.

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:22 PM

media...already costing us games...

#19 #27TheDominator

#27TheDominator

Forza Rhinos!

• Members
  • 27,846 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:24 PM

That Cimini didn't write it?

by Angel crazy with over 3000 post some day 

#20 flgreen

flgreen

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 17,187 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:27 PM

There is no way the Jets can bench Sanchez this year, he will be but June 1, you cannot bench a player not on your team.

Actually the only one mentioning benching Sanchez, in regards to the article, is the OP 

#21 Lizard King

Lizard King

Perpetual Mediocrity

• Members
  • 5,629 posts
  • LocationMendham, NJ

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:30 PM

Actually the only one mentioning benching Sanchez, in regards to the article, is the OP 

what else would one infer from the phrase "give someone else a chance?"

#22 flgreen

flgreen

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 17,187 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:44 PM

what else would one infer from the phrase "give someone else a chance?"

When you title a thread Unnamed Jet:  Bench Sanchez.  It  certainly infers a direct quote.  It's not really close to what was said.

I personally would infer "give someone else a chance" to mean exactly what they are doing.

Competing

Edited by flgreen, 23 May 2013 - 03:44 PM.

#23 kelticwizard

kelticwizard

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 3,453 posts
  • LocationSoutheastern Connecticut

Posted 23 May 2013 - 08:36 PM

I don't agree.

"Give someone else a chance" can be a polite way of saying sit Sanchez down and let someone else be the starter-not necessarily hold a competition to see who wins.

Edited by kelticwizard, 23 May 2013 - 08:36 PM.

#24 kelticwizard

kelticwizard

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 3,453 posts
  • LocationSoutheastern Connecticut

Posted 23 May 2013 - 08:37 PM

I don't believe that any Jet player ever phrased a quote like that-it's too offical-statement like.

#25 JoeKlecko

JoeKlecko

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 1,800 posts
  • LocationHigh Point, NC

Posted 23 May 2013 - 09:47 PM

McElroy is the only dude thats ever put his name on it around these parts.

Definitely offense, definitely not Holmes. 

I'm curious why you think it is definitely an offensive player.  If you were a Jet defender, wouldn't you be sick of seeing Sanchez on the field knowing that he was a pick 6 waiting to happen and not likely to lead the offense to many points?

Rex Ryan, the bag lady of NFL HCs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users