Wow -what a history for Mike Goodson

faba

Faba:

I wouldn't like it at all.  But we're not being asked to vote for this guy, just watch him play football.

And with all the stories of wife and woman beating out there, I don't care if this guy is lousy paying bills. And if his girlfriends permit him to impregnate them twice without getting married and he moves onto the next one-well, that is his business and their business-not my business.

Faba:

I wouldn't like it at all.  But we're not being asked to vote for this guy, just watch him play football.

And with all the stories of wife and woman beating out there, I don't care if this guy is lousy paying bills. And if his girlfriends permit him to impregnate them twice without getting married and he moves onto the next one-well, that is his business and their business-not my business.

" . . . we're not being asked to vote for this guy, . . . "

bill-clinton-bans-tech-repo__oPt.jpg

:beer:

Can not say he is just dumb- sorry guy dies not pay bills that he owes-how would you like if people owe you money and do not pay up- I do not think you would make a joke out of it

Goodson is 25 years old, money and life in general are great-yes he's arrogant at the moment.

Let me tell you a true story.  I got to know the fellow who owns this Subway store up here on one of the main streets into downtown.  He had a lease on the property for two years.  A local developer wanted to build a strip mall there.

This place is small enough so that the local paper covers everything including announcing who was building what project around the area.   The general public knows who these developers are-their names are in the paper all the time.  And all the local lawyers have worked with and know these developers for years.  I knew his name and I'm not in the real estate business at all.

So this locally famous developer offers the Subway shop owner $50,000 if he'll give up his lease and vacate in six months.  The shop owner's lawyer makes the deal, the shop owner  vacates, and he checks his bank balance sheet-he hadn't gotten paid yet!  The shop owner assumed the lawyer had been smart enough to get the money BEFORE he moved out-now he had to sue.  He did and got his money.

Point is, this developer is famous in the area, he was not a kid, but a middle aged man.   His name was well-known and presumably respected,  The developer no doubt knew and had dealt with the shop owner's lawyer before on various projects-and he outright screwed him anyway.  For a lot more than the $1,000 or $2,000 Goodson owes in unpaid rent.  People's issues about who owes or skipped out on a thousand or so-these things are all around us, I'm not getting excited about it.

I don't see how anyone can.

Mike Goodson's lawyer compared Goodson to Anthony Weiner.  lol.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/goodson-lawyer-mike-weiner-article-1.1354883

Lawyer of Mike Goodson says NY Jets running back is no Anthony Weiner

Goodson was reportedly sued for paternity and child support by three women in 2010 and 2011, has been sued for not paying a jewelry bill, and sued for unpaid rent, according to a report. BY SETH WALDER / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

weiner-goodson.jpg

Mike Goodson's lawyer says, 'We’ve had a congressman who took pictures of himself and now he’s running for mayor. The only thing that Mike is running for, is for touchdowns.'

Mike Goodson may have a checkered past, but at least he’s not a Weiner. Anthony Weiner, that is.

The Jets’ running back, who was arrested in the early morning of May 17 on weapons and drug charges, was reportedly sued for paternity and child support by three women in 2010 and 2011, has been sued for not paying a jewelry bill, and sued for unpaid rent, according to ESPNNewYork.com. Goodson’s lawyer, Tony Fusco, Jr., did not dispute those claims.

“Mike is not denying that,” Fusco told the Daily News, then added, “I don’t see the relevance of that.

“We’ve had a President who had an affair in the White House. We’ve had a congressman who took pictures of himself and now he’s running for mayor. The only thing that Mike is running for, is for touchdowns,” the attorney said. “He’s not running for President or Congress. He’s playing football, he wants to run, and run for his team.”

Fusco said that since those incidents were non-criminal, they shouldn’t be part of the discussion surrounding Goodson’s recent actions, when he was the passenger in a stopped SUV on Interstate-80 in Denville, N.J., with a loaded weapon in the car, according to New Jersey State Police.

Regarding the once-unpaid jewelry bill, reportedly totaling $56,465, Fusco said, “He paid the bill. He’s a young kid. He’s got all this money and he couldn’t handle it for a while. He didn’t run away. He didn’t steal.”

Goodson, 26, could face up to 10 years in prison if he were convicted on all counts, but his lawyer says he is confident that he will be able to refute the gun charges. If the gun isn’t Goodson’s, he would be left with just two minor marijuana charges.

“He absolutely denies the gun charge,” Fusco said.

Though his former legal issues won’t affect his standing during his current case, they do raise questions about whether the Jets had any concerns of Goodson’s character before inking him to a three-year, $6.9 million contract. The Jets, via a team spokesman, would not comment on Goodson’s past but said they research any players’ background before signing him.

Goodson expects to return to practice on Tuesday, after not participating in OTAs last week. Fusco has said the team and league prevented Goodson from practicing; however, because the practices are optional, permission isn’t required.

Troyneshia. That's awesome.

Ahahahaha... I should have kept reading the thread, but yeah, this was exactly the only thing I took away from that whole article. I could care less about the rest.

Troyneshia?

I've always wondered why so many black people seem to hate their kids while naming them. I mean for every D'Brickashaw who's name only works as an offensive lineman not like a CPA or insurance adjuster you have 1000 troyneshia's and that resume is getting skipped over 90% of the time.

You guys are so right. 

I mean, if you were running any kind of organization, would you have a guy with a first name like LaDainian working there?

Maybe. What's he look like in a suit?

kelticwizard, on 26 May 2013 - 21:27, said:

You guys are so right.

I mean, if you were running any kind of organization, would you have a guy with a first name like LaDainian working there?

Relax PC police, I'm not hiring or firing anyone but I can guarantee you outside your wonderfully colorblind world it makes a difference. Giving your kid a name like Troyneshia is begging them to be a stripper/Mike Goodson's baby mama.

I live in Connecticut now but I grew up in Astoria.  The neighborhood then was enormously Italian or Greek.  Most of my classmates' parents were born overseas, (I was old school entrenched-my grandparents were the ones who made the trip over) and more than half of them did not speak English in the home.  A very high percentage did not have English first names.  

Did some of them lose out on some jobs as adults because the first name struck the employer wrong?  Probably a little-although if somebody is going to open a business in New York and start hiring, he'd better get ready to hire some people with names other than Joe, Jim, Ann or Sue if he wants to put together a workforce.  But people didn't go around saying that if your first name is Italian, Greek or Russian that you're headed straight for the bottom, or blame the parents for hating their kids by giving them these names.  

But if your first name is of the type given by black people, it then appears to be perfectly normal to say that the kid is headed for jail and/or stripperhood and castigate the parents for sending the kid out into the world with such a name, thereby ruining the kid's life forever.

Two sets of rules, I guess.

Archived