Bye Bye Manish

Maxman

Jets beat writer application minimum qualifications:

• Must hate the Jets
  • Must not have any real sources and quote them constantly
  • Must preserve the circus perception at all cost
  • Must not watch football
  • Must have a strong dislike for colleagues and constantly talk sh*t about them
  • Must demonstrate ability to send private messages on Twitter properly

Tell us about yourself:

How much do you hate the Jets? And why?

etc. etc...

I thought these were the requirements for being a JN mod, minus the "must like men" requirement.

I thought these were the requirements for being a JN mod, minus the "must like men" requirement.

I'm too new around here to touch this one (no homo) lol...but I laughed

Welcome to JN! all the mods here are latent(In some cases not so much) homosexuals

The Mod lounge is essentially a virtual bath house

LMAO...Good to get the basic information out there in my first week.

I'm kidding about Myers. IIRC, Cimini was in the six figures when he was at the Daily News. Because these papers are in dire straights, they're all hiring 28 year olds to do the legwork and, I'm sure, paying them chicken feed. Myers, though, I'd guess still gets $150+ because he's a national figure. ESPN's pay scale is supposedly absurd. Skip Bayless makes a million dollars there.

I think this is pretty accurate. Basically the papers are trying to pass themselves off as steppingstones towards greener pastures on ESPN, NFL Network, etc...They pretty much have to do it that way because so much content is free online. The national folks I think get paid a ton,. Its far more lucrative to work in media than in the sport itself though if I ever got the opportunity to do either Id work in the NFL without hesitation even for a lot less. But if you can make it to the Lupica/King level its incredible money for essentially doing a handful of interviews, trying to sound really philosophical, feigning outrage at something not very outrageous, and mentioning about the beer and coffee of the week. For the record I like Peter King and met him once and he was a really nice talkative guy, but in terms of breaking things down and getting real solid football stuff you are far better off on a blog somewhere where the guys who run it make nothing,. 

I think this is pretty accurate. Basically the papers are trying to pass themselves off as steppingstones towards greener pastures on ESPN, NFL Network, etc...They pretty much have to do it that way because so much content is free online. The national folks I think get paid a ton,. Its far more lucrative to work in media than in the sport itself though if I ever got the opportunity to do either Id work in the NFL without hesitation even for a lot less. But if you can make it to the Lupica/King level its incredible money for essentially doing a handful of interviews, trying to sound really philosophical, feigning outrage at something not very outrageous, and mentioning about the beer and coffee of the week. For the record I like Peter King and met him once and he was a really nice talkative guy, but in terms of breaking things down and getting real solid football stuff you are far better off on a blog somewhere where the guys who run it make nothing,.

The problem with working for a team is that, it seems, your job is in jeopardy every time the team has a rough season. The lifespan of the average coach is four years maybe. GMs get about six. When that new guy comes in and decides to "change the culture," you get swept out for no reason. Gotta be awful.

Archived