Tony Dungys son: MERGED

Jetheelz

Espn radio is reporting that Tony Dungy's son has been found dead in his apartment in Florida. At this time I cannot find a link anywhere online but I am sure it will surface. Dungy is flying out to Florida now and it is uncertain if he will be present for this Saturday's game at Seattle.

My heart goes out to the Dungy family. This is a horrible thing to happen, especially right before Christmas.

Dungy's 18-year-old son found dead

Colts coach leaves team after news of death of James

NBCSports.com news services

Updated: 9:32 a.m. ET Dec. 22, 2005

James Dungy, the 18-year-old son of Indianapolis Colts head coach Tony Dungy, was found dead in his apartment in Tampa, Fla. on Thursday morning.

Tony Dungy has left the team temporarily to go to Tampa. The Colts are to play at the Seattle Seahawks on Saturday night.

More details to come on this breaking news story.

Damn it.

Just this week, I went to a funeral in Pittsburgh for the son of one of my Account Executives, 13 years old. Only child.

What a surreal scene. Young girls, just balling their eyes out, young boys tears streaming down their faces. Everyone in some kind of motionless state of shock, like zombies. The most horrible thing I have been witness to in some time.

Some things just don't seem fair. Perspective smacks you upside the head in a hurry.

My 21 year old daughter and I are leaving for Dallas to spend our 12th straight Christmas with our best friends there. After changing flights 2x to accomodate her schedule, and telling me she has lined up the ride to the airport, she decided to spend the night in the city last night partying and called our cousin telling her she wouldn't need the ride and schwansed up my ride in so doing. She just called minutes ago telling me she's taking the train to the airport and bitched me out for 10 minutes because I printed out her boarding pass and she cant get it the second she gets to the airport and will have to wait, in her words, with the other dildonis's who can't get through security.

I can't wait to see her, hug her, and tell her how happy I am to have her.

The entries in that "my space" account-and we don't know that it's him for certain-are pretty sad.

You do the best you can with your kids. By all accounts, Dungy is as decent a man as there is, so you know he did everything he could. But there's no guarantees.

Archived