Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Simply give Cano a 10-year $100 billion contract today...

39 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

just plain wrong sir

.287 average, .387 on-base % and .492 slugging %     and he has had many big hits too.

these are all well above the league average.  his OPS adjusted is 139.  100 is average.

Bob and many other Yankee fans can dislike Rodriguez. But he is a big part of why they are anywhere near a playoff berth. I doin't know what he will be like after a year or a half year of suspension in activity, but he right now is better statistically than most MLB 3rd basemen not named Wright, Cabrera or Zimmerman. Edited by Bugg

Posted · Report post

Bob and many other Yankee fans can dislike Rodriguez. But he is a big part of why they are anywhere near a playoff berth. I doin't know what he will be like after a year or a half year of suspension in activity, but he right now is better statistically than most MLB 3rd basemen not named Wright, Cabrera or Zimmerman.

And this is why the Yankees are going to pay Cano whatever he wants.

Even if Jeter can get back to health and be a reasonable approximation of himself, that offense is middle of the pack with Cano.  Are you going to let him walk and have replace his production as well?  Doubtful.

Posted · Report post

Bob and many other Yankee fans can dislike Rodriguez. But he is a big part of why they are anywhere near a playoff berth. I doin't know what he will be like after a year or a half year of suspension in activity, but he right now is better statistically than most MLB 3rd basemen not named Wright, Cabrera or Zimmerman.

His adjusted PPSM average is right towards the bottom of the league

Posted · Report post

His adjusted PPSM average is right towards the bottom of the league

Until he came back the Yankees were getting nothing from 3rd base, and very little from 1st base and shortstop.

Posted (edited) · Report post

I do NOT dislike Rodriguez. I think the charges against him are mostly bullsh*t and I appreciate what he has done for the team since he has been here. My assessment of him is based on his injury problems and production that has dropped. Better than the average? A little. Up to ARod standards? Not close.

I would be quite happy for him to win his appeal and be at 3B for the Yankees next year, even though I doubt that will happen.

Edited by Bob

Posted · Report post

I do NOT dislike Rodriguez. I think the charges against him are mostly bullsh*t and I appreciate what he has done for the team since he has been here. My assessment of him is based on his injury problems and production that has dropped. Better than the average? A little. Up to ARod standards? Not close.

I would be quite happy for him to win his appeal and be at 3B for the Yankees next year, even tough I doubt that will happen.

Sorry to have mischaracterized your thoughts. No real disagreement at all.

Posted · Report post

Call the Dodgers.  Maybe they will take him off your hands.

The are probably the only team that can economically make a major run at Cano and if they offer him 8-10 years then the Yanks should say "Enjoy the left coast.

I can't see the Angels after their major pushes with Pujols and Hamilton already on mega deals.

Texas ? Possible

After that who else. 

Posted · Report post

The are probably the only team that can economically make a major run at Cano and if they offer him 8-10 years then the Yanks should say "Enjoy the left coast.

I can't see the Angels after their major pushes with Pujols and Hamilton already on mega deals.

Texas ? Possible

After that who else. 

Dodgers could use him.

Posted · Report post

The Cubs will take care of Cano, no worries. 

Posted · Report post

FWIW..Mike and Mike just said Cano is asking for $305 MMMMMMmmmmiiillllllllliiiiiooooonnnnn dollars.

Good Luck with that.

Posted · Report post

Dodgers are the only team that would seem to have the money and desire to get him. In the end he will wind up with the Yankees. With their roster shaping up as this point they need to have him

Posted · Report post

FWIW..Mike and Mike just said Cano is asking for $305 MMMMMMmmmmiiillllllllliiiiiooooonnnnn dollars.

Good Luck with that.

Good lord.

Posted · Report post

Good lord.

If those really are his demands, let someone else make that mistake.

Posted · Report post

No one is going to give Cano 300 mil. Only Kershaw and Trout are worth that kind of money right now.