Pats Sign Tebow!

unbanmadmike1

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate the Pats so I won't be rooting for the guy, but I have nothing against Tebow. He seems like a good kid that tries to work hard and really doesn't complain. The Jets were idiots in bringing him in, never using him, and then making a mockery by playing McElroy instead of him.   He should have went somewhere else, the Jets should have never traded for him, but that is what it is.    Will he ever be a good QB in the NFL?  I doubt it.   But when people on Jets forums want to sign a Tavarius Jackson, it kind of tells you what QBs are out there and the truth is, jackson sucks. He's never been any good.   The John Skeletons of the world suck, but they still seem to be in the NFL somehow.  

If Tebow goes to the Pats and winds up running some special teams plays, improves a little accuracy, plays some tight end or H-Back, and so on and winds up showing hes a good sport,  he might stick around.  The kid does have talent and skills, he's just not a QB.

Zero chance they've made a final decision on him before seeing him firsthand.

Selling jerseys makes money whether he's there on opening day or not.

Merchandise revenue gets whacked up 32 ways. The Pats get no more money than any other team, merely an equal amount. Nike/The NFL Shop doesn't pay one teama any more evejn if their jerseys are more popular. Further they did cut/retire John Lynch and the NFL Store had no problem selling those jerseys like soap.

Merchandise revenue gets whacked up 32 ways. The Pats get no more money than any other team, merely an equal amount. Nike/The NFL Shop doesn't pay one teama any more evejn if their jerseys are more popular. Further they did cut/retire John Lynch and the NFL Store had no problem selling those jerseys like soap.

Still. If every time Tebow gets a new jersey, his entire cult buys one...that's a decent amount of extra money.

Actually, they don't have to share it if it is purchased through their own online store. 

Still. If every time Tebow gets a new jersey, his entire cult buys one...that's a decent amount of extra money.

I don't see the Pats as press hungry nor broke.   I think its more arrogance and ego on BB.   If he figures a way to utilize Tebow and make him into a halfway decent NFL player, doesn't need to be QB, the guy will be considered a god.   Josh Mcdaniels got pie in his face in Denver and wants to redeem himself and he loved the damn kid.  

Tebow has skills and athleticism.  And he did set passing records in college and was a heisman winner.  He also won a playoff game and beat the jets vaunted defense with Revis.       Can the kid pass?  no.  Can the kid play QB in the NFL?  No.    But this thought process of Tebow being some loser who has no skills is a bit ridiculous.  

It's arrogance and ego for Billy B.  If Tebow sucks, people will roll their eyes and do a told you so. And Tom Brady and the Pats still make the playoffs.  If Tebow is good and helps the Pats win a game or two, BB looks like a genius.

For all the trashing of Tebow around here, its hard to forget that he took Denver just as far as Manning did, further if you are counting playoff wins. If Tebow was willing to be a punt protector, I'm sure he will be willing to play FB, TE or whatever Belicheck wants him to do. But don't worry we no longer have an accountant for a GM. Everything will be great. lol.

Meh, Sanchez took the Jets farther than Brady did the Pats for two years.

You've posted a lot of dumb things over the years but...... WOW! Just wow. 

Not as dumb as your assertion that Sanchez was improving.

Your Ghoston was a good pick was another gem. Now, go put your clown costume on. The show is about to start.

Woody Johnson is making money off this.

Its a win - win.

Interesting that Jacksonville was supposed to be the team Tebow was headed for after last year's disaster with the Jets, then they turned around and changed their mind.

Now they sign the QB the Pats cut to make room for Tebow-Mike Kafka.

Not only didn't they not want Tebow after all-they'd rather have the guy who got cut when Tebow finally did get a tryout.

That's really rubbing it in.

so I started taking my 7 year old son to karate.  this is his 2nd week.  I live in Connecticut, pats* and giants territory.  so I 'm wearing jets stuff and in walks a typical douche in a pats* hat.  we make awkward eye contact

at the end of the session the sensie guy starts taking about victim versus victor mentality all the martial arts stuff.  then he says, "hey look we have a jets fan and a patriots fan here tonight !"

I brace for the shame

then he says, "the pats* are going to have to get used to being the victims now that they have tebow!"

will miracles never cease ?

Meh, Sanchez took the Jets farther than Brady did the Pats for two years.

Sanchez and Brady played for different teams. Manning and Tebow played for the same team in consecutive years. Big difference.

so I started taking my 7 year old son to karate.  this is his 2nd week.  I live in Connecticut, pats* and giants territory.  so I 'm wearing jets stuff and in walks a typical douche in a pats* hat.  we make awkward eye contact

at the end of the session the sensie guy starts taking about victim versus victor mentality all the martial arts stuff.  then he says, "hey look we have a jets fan and a patriots fan here tonight !"

I brace for the shame

then he says, "the pats* are going to have to get used to being the victims now that they have tebow!"

will miracles never cease ?

POTW!!!

Sanchez and Brady played for different teams. Manning and Tebow played for the same team in consecutive years. Big difference.

Dude, the 2011 Broncos with Tebow went 8-8 and backed into the playoffs, losing their last three regular season games and benefitted greatly from playing in an historically weak AFC West. Then they got lucky won on a prayer against a banged up Steelers team in the wildcard round and then got absolutely crushed in the divisional round.

The 2012 Broncos with Manning went 13-3 and had homefield advantage and lost a squeaker at home in the divisional round to the eventual Super Bowl Champions. 

So yes, while technically Timmy took them as far as Manning, Making a favorable comparison between the two teams' performances that comes out in Timmy's favor is downright insane. The 2012 Broncos would have crushed the 2011 Broncos. 

Dude, the 2011 Broncos with Tebow went 8-8 and backed into the playoffs, losing their last three regular season games and benefitted greatly from playing in an historically weak AFC West. Then they got lucky won on a prayer against a banged up Steelers team in the wildcard round and then got absolutely crushed in the divisional round.

The 2012 Broncos with Manning went 13-3 and had homefield advantage and lost a squeaker at home in the divisional round to the eventual Super Bowl Champions.

So yes, while technically Timmy took them as far as Manning, Making a favorable comparison between the two teams' performances that comes out in Timmy's favor is downright insane. The 2012 Broncos would have crushed the 2011 Broncos.

The 2008 Jets would beat the 2012 Jets by 40.

Archived