Aaron Hernandez Charged With Murder: MERGED

Blackout

kay_gee, on 27 Jun 2013 - 13:42, said:

Eyewitness testimony has a history of being unreliable, but in this case it really depends on the testimony, doesn't it? If one of them rolls (and one probably already has) and says Hernandez did it, but there isn't any physical evidence that proves Hernandez did it, Hernandez's defense could say that the former "friend" is a mooching leach who only ever used Hernandez for money and is lying to save his own ass. He said/he said, or something.

If the two of them roll on him, it's more convincing but still uncertain without the murder weapon.

I'm pretty certain that unless they recover the gun and somehow prove it belonged to Hernandez/he fired it, in theory, any of those guys in the car could have done it. It's reasonable doubt.

I sort of wish I could be a juror on this case.

I hear what you're saying, but let's be honest here - the state held off on charging him with the obstruction charge for a reason, and they know they will look like bafoons if they made this huge splash with Hernandez, just to lose the case for lack of evidence. Make no mistake about it - they got the goods on him in at least this one, and probably the new charge as well. Innocent until proven, but I'm just being realistic.

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Word. As EY said earlier, it'll be about the ballistics and the eyewitness testimony. I was talking to a lawyer friend of mine, and she said that as bad as ESPN is making it look, the only evidence that's troublesome to a defense attorney at this point is the casings from the rental car.

But even with the casings who pulled the trigger and from what weapon ?

And can they find 12 retarded patsie bandwagoners to convict ? I bet he walks

Kraft is unlikeable, but come on dude... you are saying the Patriots knew Hernandez murdered 2 guys, and was going to murder Odin Lloyd because he had info that ties Hernandez to the double-murder, and chose to ignore that info and extend Hernandez?

1. That is a dumber than infantile thing to say.

2. Even if I did want to try to take you seriously just for the sake of discussion, we are talking about a team that refused to pay Welker, and has refused to pay plenty of other still-capable of contributing players over the years. The Patriots are hardly guilty of prioritizing paying a player who can contribute over anything ethical.

I'd argue the Patriots are more likely to NOT pay someone over something petty. They, like most any team, had no clue what this guy was truly capable of. On the surface they all seem like knuckleheads to some degree. Sociopaths can and do find a way to blend in. Until they don't want to anymore. To have been this sloppy, there's a part of me that feels Hernandez didn't subconsciously want to have to hide this.

Time to invest in a reading comprehension course.  Also, why so caustic in your tone and words?  You can't have a discussion without calling folks dumb, etc? 

My point is that Kraft--through his internal/external sources--must have had knowledge of Hernandez' past as a gang member when they extended his contract.  I'm not blaming Kraft for the murders.  Rather, that he took a chance on a guy who had a shady past and so now loses his aura as an owner who never does anything wrong.

Time to invest in a reading comprehension course.  Also, why so caustic in your tone and words?  You can't have a discussion without calling folks dumb, etc? 

My point is that Kraft--through his internal/external sources--must have had knowledge of Hernandez' past as a gang member when they extended his contract.  I'm not blaming Kraft for the murders.  Rather, that he took a chance on a guy who had a shady past and so now loses his aura as an owner who never does anything wrong.

I didn't call you dumb, I called the statement dumb. Big difference, cry baby.

You are kidding yourself if you think Kraft "took a chance on a gang member". That is Bill's team, and it was Bill's risk... and no, I think it's ridiculous to assume that the Patriots knew of Hernandez's "murderous scumbag's past" to the extent that they could have seen this coming. 

This is a freak thing. The Pats didn't enable it, and they couldn't have prevented it. It has nothing really to do with them. He's a murderer, potentially a sociopath who has killed multiple people. If he's that level of crazy, then like most sociopaths you read about, he's probably done a great job of hiding it.

I don't like Kraft either, but trying to spin this towards him in any way is petty. 

And if you can't back up your statements, don't default to the whole "you need reading comprehension" bit. It exposes you as the pseudo-intellectual type most of us know you are. :P

You are kidding yourself if you think Kraft "took a chance on a gang member". That is Bill's team, and it was Bill's risk... and no, I think it's ridiculous to assume that the Patriots knew of Hernandez's "murderous scumbag's past" to the extent that they could have seen this coming. 

This is a freak thing. The Pats didn't enable it, and they couldn't have prevented it. It has nothing really to do with them. He's a murderer, potentially a sociopath who has killed multiple people. If he's that level of crazy, then like most sociopaths you read about, he's probably done a great job of hiding it.

I don't like Kraft either, but trying to spin this towards him in any way is petty. 

And if you can't back up your statements, don't default to the whole "you need reading comprehension" bit. It exposes you as the pseudo-intellectual type most of us know you are. :tongue:

I disagree.  So does Matt Light.

Former Patriots tackle Matt Light, who retired after the 2011 season, said he never embraced anything Aaron Hernandez stood for.

What he meant, we're not sure.

Light, speaking to the Dayton Daily News, played two years with Hernandez, so he got a chance to see him up close. What's more, the usually good-natured Light is not known to criticize, much less comment, on former teammates or other players.

He tells the Daily News: “I never talk about other guys, but I will say I have never embraced -- never believed in -- anything Aaron Hernandez stood for."

Light's comments, according to the Daily News report, came on Tuesday, a day before Hernandez was arrested and charged with murder and five other weapons charges in connection with the death of a Dorchester man.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2013/06/matt_light_says_he_never_embraced_what_aaron_herna.html

And if you can't back up your statements, don't default to the whole "you need reading comprehension" bit. It exposes you as the pseudo-intellectual type most of us know you are. :tongue:

Why so confrontational?

Just have a discussion.

I disagree.  So does Matt Light.

Former Patriots tackle Matt Light, who retired after the 2011 season, said he never embraced anything Aaron Hernandez stood for.

What he meant, we're not sure.

Light, speaking to the Dayton Daily News, played two years with Hernandez, so he got a chance to see him up close. What's more, the usually good-natured Light is not known to criticize, much less comment, on former teammates or other players.

He tells the Daily News: “I never talk about other guys, but I will say I have never embraced -- never believed in -- anything Aaron Hernandez stood for."

Light's comments, according to the Daily News report, came on Tuesday, a day before Hernandez was arrested and charged with murder and five other weapons charges in connection with the death of a Dorchester man.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2013/06/matt_light_says_he_never_embraced_what_aaron_herna.html

Yeah, I read that blurb too. I guess we can add Matt Light to the list of people that knew Hernandez was a murdering murderer but did nothing about it? LOL you are being ridiculous.

I didn't say the team didn't know Hernandez was a scumbag, but lots of NFL players are thugs/scumbags. Most of them don't kill a bunch of people. There's no way the Patriots could have seen this coming. 

If employers, schools, etc. could anticipate which scumbags will turn into murderers and which scumbags won't... then don't you think there'd be a lot less murders?

It's easy in hindsight to align what Hernandez did with an "blame Kraft, blame everyone in the Pats organization" agenda, but it's just not realistic. I can find plenty of realistic reasons to hate Kraft and the Pats, but this isn't one of them. 

Why so confrontational?

Just have a discussion.

I'm not sure what is confrontational about it, tbh. I see a helluva lot more contentious interaction here daily that me calling his statement, not him, dumb.

Integrity28, on 27 Jun 2013 - 15:14, said:

... and your schtick is posting pictures of hot chicks, so that you passively give the boys here boners. amiright?

Wait a minute - I'm not getting these alleged pics! Do I need to change my internet settings or something?

Yeah, I read that blurb too. I guess we can add Matt Light to the list of people that knew Hernandez was a murdering murderer but did nothing about it? LOL you are being ridiculous.

I didn't say the team didn't know Hernandez was a scumbag, but lots of NFL players are thugs/scumbags. Most of them don't kill a bunch of people. There's no way the Patriots could have seen this coming. 

If employers, schools, etc. could anticipate which scumbags will turn into murderers and which scumbags won't... then don't you think there'd be a lot less murders?

It's easy in hindsight to align what Hernandez did with an "blame Kraft, blame everyone in the Pats organization" agenda, but it's just not realistic. I can find plenty of realistic reasons to hate Kraft and the Pats, but this isn't one of them. 

I'll give it one more shot.  I'm not saying anyone knew Hernandez would murder.

What I am saying is that he had character issues, the most prominent being his affiliation/membership in a Bristol, CT gang.  Again, my point is that--IMO--the Patriots, and their owner, should have seen these red flags, especially as they purport themselves as leaving no stone unturned when it comes to their organization.  In this case, they missed the boat.

IMO, over the coming days/weeks, you will see a growing number of teammates and others give examples of Hernandez as a cheap thug.

WTF? It's not easy to get arrested

Must be something your not expose to living in "High Point". But you'll be surprise how easy it is to spend a night in jail. The list is end list.

Many of us go through our entire lives and never get arrested or even come close to it.

You guys should all get a special buses to heaven.

Those of us who respect the law and who act responsibly don't get arrested unless the police screw up and arrest the wrong person.

That's factual wrong as in some cases the police may abuse their power and arrest someone that's non deserving in regards to staying a day or two in the bookends. If you think others wise then you have to get out the box for sure.

Sorry to hear that you've had trouble with the law.  For the record, I lived in NYC for 16 years, Dallas for 4 and Austin, TX for 1, also in south GA for 2 years, so it's not like I led a sheltered life and wasn't exposed to stuff or didn't have opportunities to do things if I had wanted to.  I just didn't want to.  I'm probably a good bit older than you and been around quite a bit.  I've made more than my share of mistakes in my lifetime, but none that I could have gotten arrested for.  That doesn't mean I'm some Pollyanna or goody-goody.  It was more self preservation.  I learned early in life at home and school that if I did something wrong, I ALWAYS got caught, so I decided it wasn't worth it to risk doing anything that could get me arrested.  I grew up in a time when getting arrested could rule out a lot of career choices and cause one to miss a lot of opportunities.  I didn't hang around with people who were likely to get arrested.  Several times I had friends who were doing stuff that was borderline illegal or illegal, and I made it clear I wanted no part of that.  They respected me and didn't do anything that they could get in trouble for when they were with me.  

... and your schtick is posting pictures of hot chicks, so that you passively give the boys here boners. amiright?

So, again, that's not confrontational, right?   Anyone thinking men on this site post images of beautiful women to "passively give boners" is clearly projecting their wish.  Best of luck in your marriage.

At least be honest.  Clearly, you have some issue with me.   That's fine.  I could at least respect your point of view. 

Wait a minute - I'm not getting these alleged pics! Do I need to change my internet settings or something?

Check PMs.  (Just kidding.)

I'll give it one more shot.  I'm not saying anyone knew Hernandez would murder.

What I am saying is that he had character issues, the most prominent being his affiliation/membership in a Bristol, CT gang.  Again, my point is that--IMO--the Patriots, and their owner, should have seen these red flags, especially as they purport themselves as leaving no stone unturned when it comes to their organization.  In this case, they missed the boat.

IMO, over the coming days/weeks, you will see a growing number of teammates and others give examples of Hernandez as a cheap thug.

And I'll speak down to you and give it one more shot myself... every team evaluates players and damn-near every player comes with some red flags. 

Red flags typically refer to things to be concerned about, but are weighed into the risk / reward balance. Plenty of players get drafted that have red flags, and plenty of them go on to play well, or thugturd their way out of the league. It's the NFL, it comes with the territory. Most of them don't end up being murderers, just dumbasses.

All that being said, in the initial post that I responded to, you implied that the Patriots should have seen it coming with this "murderous scumbag". Which is why I responded saying that expecting the Patriots to see this all coming is unfair, and a dumb statement. You were transposing accountability onto Kraft. It's silly. You snipe about reading comprehension, but the reality is you clearly have no idea what your own statements implied, or how badly they made you sound like an irrational Jets fan speaking from bias and not being realistic.

If all you actually meant was that Kraft and the Patriots whiffed in the risk/reward department on Hernandez... well then... DUH. Thanks for that keen observation. 

So, again, that's not confrontational, right?   Anyone thinking men on this site post images of beautiful women to "passively give boners" is clearly projecting their wish.  Best of luck in your marriage.

At least be honest.  Clearly, you have some issue with me.   That's fine.  I could at least respect your point of view. 

Check PMs.  (Just kidding.)

No, it's not confrontational. At least not meant to be... It's observational, and a bit psychologically diagnostic. I have no issue with you, I just see through you... and as such, will occasionally remind you of that. 

Oh, and I don't think that about all guys who post hot chicks here... just you. You try too hard. It's transparent, and it's the internet, so it's kinda obvious. Just like JIF doesn't really do any of the things he says, and I'm not really a 300 lb gorilla. 

does anyone think Aaron will ever see the moon at night again?  or will be stay locked up forever?

I'm going with locked up forever.

My guess is he gets locked up for Odin, plus the 2 other murders, and then buttsecks.

No, it's not confrontational. At least not meant to be... It's observational, and a bit psychologically diagnostic. I have no issue with you, I just see through you... and as such, will occasionally remind you of that. 

Oh, and I don't think that about all guys who post hot chicks here... just you. You try too hard. It's transparent, and it's the internet, so it's kinda obvious. Just like JIF doesn't really do any of the things he says, and I'm not really a 300 lb gorilla. 

In real life as well as cyber space, folks like you exist.  With their words or actions, trolls who suck the life out everything they touch.  As an example, look at what you have done to this thread just to promote your agenda.

Write what you you want about me or my posts.  It will not mean less than nothing as I do not respect you. 

In real life as well as cyber space, folks like you exist.  With their words or actions, trolls who suck the life out everything they touch.  As an example, look at what you have done to this thread just to promote your agenda.

Write what you you want about me or my posts.  It will not mean less than nothing as I do not respect you. 

Whoa, whoa, whoa... promote my agenda?

I presented a counter-point to your post about how because Hernandez turned into a psychopath, that it's all Kraft's fault. THAT my overly-sensitive friend is an agenda. My point of view on it was realistic, because you couldn't explain yourself beyond obvious bias-driven make-believe, you called me confrontational and then made a character attack on me saying I needed to learn reading comprehension and my schtickt was to be a big meanie.

So I said what your schtickt is, in response. Now you are all butthurt.

I was fully prepared ONLY to argue that your post was dumb. Not you. I made that clear. You took it off the rails and came after my character, because you couldn't back up your point of view, and you obviously refuse to admit you were either being sensationalist or failed to make your point initially.

I'm happy to go back to arguing the point, or having you better clarify your point. However, I expect that since your point is fallible, you'll persist with the "Ape was mean to me" bit instead.

Knock yourself out. *sob sob* LOL

Whoa, whoa, whoa... promote my agenda?

I presented a counter-point to your post about how because Hernandez turned into a psychopath, that it's all Kraft's fault. THAT my overly-sensitive friend is an agenda. My point of view on it was realistic, because you couldn't explain yourself beyond obvious bias-driven make-believe, you called me confrontational and then made a character attack on me saying I needed to learn reading comprehension and my schtickt was to be a big meanie.

So I said what your schtickt is, in response. Now you are all butthurt.

I was fully prepared ONLY to argue that your post was dumb. Not you. I made that clear. You took it off the rails and came after my character, because you couldn't back up your point of view, and you obviously refuse to admit you were either being sensationalist or failed to make your point initially.

I'm happy to go back to arguing the point, or having you better clarify your point. However, I expect that since your point is fallible, you'll persist with the "Ape was mean to me" bit instead.

Knock yourself out. *sob sob* LOL

You're kind of wrong though. The guy was in a gang and they knew it. So that is pretty weak standards for character. It was probably overlooked.

You're kind of wrong though. The guy was in a gang and they knew it. So that is pretty weak standards for character. It was probably overlooked.

How do you figure? I just said every team has red flags on players and then gambles against them. Of course it was overlooked. Most red flags on players are overlooked.

Nobody expects their employee to turn out to be a murderer. It's not on the Pats for gambling on red flags and losing. To imply they should have seen something of this magnitude coming is sensationalist.

How do you figure? I just said every team has red flags on players and then gambles against them. Of course it was overlooked. Most red flags on players are overlooked.

Nobody expects their employee to turn out to be a murderer. It's not on the Pats for gambling on red flags and losing. To imply they should have seen something of this magnitude coming is sensationalist.

red flag is one thing.but a known latin king gang member? maybe kraft assumed that hernadez was a "good" gang member instead of a member of a known ruthless criminal organization that is frequently involved in murder.i believe that is the point that borgo is trying to get across to you.

NFL advises teams on signing Hernandez

Comments 0

By Corey Bourassa

Published: 27 June 2013 05:52 PM

NEW YORK (AP) -- The NFL is telling its teams that any contract with Aaron Hernandez before charges against him are resolved won't be approved without a hearing by commissioner Roger Goodell.

The league says the hearing would be to decide if the former New England Patriots tight end should be suspended or face other action before a resolution of the charges is reached. It said on Thursday that no player contract with Hernandez would be approved or take effect before a hearing.

Hernandez was arrested Wednesday and charged with first-degree murder and weapons counts in the shooting death of a friend, Odin Lloyd. Hernandez was cut by the Patriots after the arrest and before his court appearance and is being held without bail.

Too bad he became a Patriot. Could have turned his life around if he was Seattle or something...but he was apparently just too close to home.

I don't think so.  There's gangs in Seattle I'm sure.   This wasn't a good kid who was influenced by bad guys.  He is the bad guy

Archived