Aaron Hernandez Charged With Murder: MERGED

Blackout

Hernandez suspect Ortiz viewed as 'rat' in his neighborhood

July 15, 2013, 7:30 am

According to a story in USA Today, people in Carlos Ortiz's hometown of Bristol, Conn., feel he was the informant in the Aaron Hernandez case and that he shouldn't have cooperated with police.

"That's Aaron Hernandez," said Amber Schryer, who used to let Ortiz crash on the couch in her Bristol home. "You tell the police you don't know anything."

Even Ortiz's cousin, Jose Torres, seemed upset that Ortiz -- known by many as "Charlie" or "Charlie Boy" -- aided police in their investigation of the murder of Odin Lloyd.

"Everybody knows that Charlie told," Torres said. "He's been labeled a rat. He's done. He's done. You're going to have another breaking news (story) on TV."

The USA Today report explains that Ortiz was a staple on Davis Drive in Bristol. He hung out on people's sofas, and was there for barbecues and parties. He has a son with one woman who lives on the street -- one of three children he's fathered with three different women. He was a petty thief and a drug user, something the people on David Drive knew, but if police came to the neighborhood looking for him, people often told authorities nothing.

On their street, one of the last things anyone wants to be labeled is a "snitch."

Though Ortiz was with Hernandez on the night of Lloyd's death, the people that know Ortiz seem to believe that he would have had nothing to do with Lloyd's murder.

"Charlie ain't no killer," said Milton Montesdeoca, someone who said he used to shoot hoops with Ortiz.

Some believe Hernandez took advantage of Ortiz, who used to brag about hanging out in Hernandez's mansion and may have hoped for some of the former Patriots tight end's money to trickle down into his pockets.

"That's my cousin and I love him, but he got caught up with the wrong people and they used him," Torres said. "If he thinks you're his friend, he's going to go all out for you. He has a good heart, but he's not very smart."

More to come . . .

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For rich NFL players, they couldnt afford to make higher quality hats instead of going to the kiosk in the mall?  

...and for that they should be disciplined!

According to a story in USA Today, people in Carlos Ortiz's hometown of Bristol, Conn., feel he was the informant in the Aaron Hernandez case and that he shouldn't have cooperated with police.

"That's Aaron Hernandez," said Amber Schryer, who used to let Ortiz crash on the couch in her Bristol home. "You tell the police you don't know anything."

Even Ortiz's cousin, Jose Torres, seemed upset that Ortiz -- known by many as "Charlie" or "Charlie Boy" -- aided police in their investigation of the murder of Odin Lloyd.

"Everybody knows that Charlie told," Torres said. "He's been labeled a rat. He's done. He's done. You're going to have another breaking news (story) on TV."

More to come . . .

That's Aaron Hernandez!  You let him get away with murder! Don't cooperate with the police.  Do your time, I mean it's not like Hernandez has a history of killing people he considered friends or anything...

This cocksucker just basically said that Ortiz is going to be killed.  Nice.  Quality attitude.

...and for that they should be disciplined!

That's Aaron Hernandez!  You let him get away with murder! Don't cooperate with the police.  Do your time, I mean it's not like Hernandez has a history of killing people he considered friends or anything...

This cocksucker just basically said that Ortiz is going to be killed.  Nice.  Quality attitude.

And that's his cousin, who loves him

Pouncey apologizes for supporting Hernandez Monday, July 15, 2013 PrintEmail Comments (0) By: Associated Press PITTSBURGH

— Pittsburgh Steelers All-Pro center Maurkice Pouncey has apologized for wearing a baseball cap supporting former college teammate Aaron Hernandez.Pouncey and his twin brother Mike, a center for the Miami Dolphins, were photographed wearing hats that read "Free Hernandez" during their co-birthday party in Miami on Saturday night.Hernandez played at the University of Florida with the Pounceys from 2007-09. The former New England Patriots tight end is charged with murder in the killing of Boston semi-pro football player Odin Lloyd. Hernandez has pleaded not guilty.Maurkice Pouncey posted on his Twitter account Monday he understands the "seriousness of the situation involving my former teammate." Pouncey added he regrets making light of the situation and apologized if he offended anyone.The Steelers had no immediate comment. - See more at:

http://bostonherald.com/inside_track/celebrity_news/2013/07/pouncey_apologizes_for_supporting_hernandez#sthash.hUwIbYbW.dpuf

...That's Aaron Hernandez!  You let him get away with murder! Don't cooperate with the police.  Do your time, I mean it's not like Hernandez has a history of killing people he considered friends or anything...

Case study of Stop Snitchin' in action.

Maybe it's just a case of a survival tactic mistakenly raised to a moral imperative.  People used to blame girls who were raped for being out alone or on the wrong block or any of a number of reasons, and indeed from a practical standpoint there probably are places a girl should avoid.  But the mistake was in thinking that if she was there, it was her own fault and she deserved it for her own stupidity. People used to think like that all the time, now not so much.

With the Stop Snitchin' philosophy, the fact is that the guy's gang or buddies are going to get you if you snitch.  So to avoid that people don't tell the cops.  The mistake is that this survival tactic becomes raised to a moral imperative, and people in that neighborhood begin actually feeling that the guy deserved to get murdered for telling the cops.

Case study of Stop Snitchin' in action.

Maybe it's just a case of a survival tactic mistakenly raised to a moral imperative.  People used to blame girls who were raped for being out alone or on the wrong block or any of a number of reasons, and indeed from a practical standpoint there probably are places a girl should avoid.  But the mistake was in thinking that if she was there, it was her own fault and she deserved it for her own stupidity. People used to think like that all the time, now not so much.

With the Stop Snitchin' philosophy, the fact is that the guy's gang or buddies are going to get you if you snitch.  So to avoid that people don't tell the cops.  The mistake is that this survival tactic becomes raised to a moral imperative, and people in that neighborhood begin actually feeling that the guy deserved to get murdered for telling the cops.

Doesn't even make sense from that perspective. I come from Bensonhurst.  I know how it works.  "I didn't see anything."  Even from that perspective, Seems Hernandez just killed a friend for very little apparent reason.  Why wouldn't you roll on him?  It's not like he has any problem pulling the trigger on a friend. Being somebody with knowledge of this situation seems to be a dangerous proposition. 

......Seems Hernandez just killed a friend for very little apparent reason.  Why wouldn't you roll on him? .

Because Hernandez was part of a gang, Odin Lloyd was not.  The gang is not interested in justice for Lloyd, they're interested in Hernandez getting off.  Hernandez didn't do any killing that was interpreted as a rebellion against the gang, so he's still their brother.  Hence, anyone who tells the cops on Hernandez gets retaliated against.

Being somebody with knowledge of this situation seems to be a dangerous proposition.

Absolutely, that's why gangs flourish in places where the people can't afford to move out.  Or else they would.

That might even explain why Ortiz' cousin is talking about how Ortiz deserves to get it.  As family, the cousin might think he could be targeted for retaliation to "send a message" to Ortiz, so he's telling everyone "I'm against my cousin, he's not close to me at all".

Doesn't even make sense from that perspective. I come from Bensonhurst.  I know how it works.  "I didn't see anything."  Even from that perspective, Seems Hernandez just killed a friend for very little apparent reason.  Why wouldn't you roll on him?  It's not like he has any problem pulling the trigger on a friend. Being somebody with knowledge of this situation seems to be a dangerous proposition. 

watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme

Because Hernandez was part of a gang, Odin Lloyd was not.  The gang is not interested in justice for Lloyd, they're interested in Hernandez getting off.  Hernandez didn't do any killing that was interpreted as a rebellion against the gang, so he's still their brother.  Hence, anyone who tells the cops on Hernandez gets retaliated against.

Absolutely, that's why gangs flourish in places where the people can't afford to move out.  Or else they would.

That might even explain why Ortiz' cousin is talking about how Ortiz deserves to get it.  As family, the cousin might think he could be targeted for retaliation to "send a message" to Ortiz, so he's telling everyone "I'm against my cousin, he's not close to me at all".

I agree with your point, but more succintly they are/were interested in what Hernandez brought them. 

Access. 

Access to wealth and all the benefits that come with it.

Which plays on Dom's point about rolling on Hernandez.  To quote TO's rep, "they have $$$$$$ reasons not to".   

I wonder how much of a drug operation was being run. 

The USA Today report explains that Ortiz was a staple on Davis Drive in Bristol. He hung out on people's sofas, and was there for barbecues and parties. He has a son with one woman who lives on the street -- one of three children he's fathered with three different women. He was a petty thief and a drug user, something the people on David Drive knew, but if police came to the neighborhood looking for him, people often told authorities nothing.

On their street, one of the last things anyone wants to be labeled is a "snitch."

Though Ortiz was with Hernandez on the night of Lloyd's death, the people that know Ortiz seem to believe that he would have had nothing to do with Lloyd's murder.

"Charlie ain't no killer," said Milton Montesdeoca, someone who said he used to shoot hoops with Ortiz.

Some believe Hernandez took advantage of Ortiz, who used to brag about hanging out in Hernandez's mansion and may have hoped for some of the former Patriots tight end's money to trickle down into his pockets.

"That's my cousin and I love him, but he got caught up with the wrong people and they used him," Torres said. "If he thinks you're his friend, he's going to go all out for you. He has a good heart, but he's not very smart."

More to come . . .

so ESPN aren't the only complete ****heads living in Bristol, eh?

I like what I read from some poster on the internet:  "Why are there gangs in Bristol, Conn.?  There's nothing there-what do they do, keep robbing ESPN employees on their way out from work?

hahahahahahahaha

i can imagine Chris Berman having to tell hoodlums back-back-back-back-back-back-up or else he'll shoot them

Just curious-Hernandez signed a 40 million dollar contract.

Assuming he will spend the rest of the contract time behind bars or in trial and never rejoins the team, how much of the $40M has he gotten and how much more will he get?

Just curious-Hernandez signed a 40 million dollar contract.

Assuming he will spend the rest of the contract time behind bars or in trial and never rejoins the team, how much of the $40M has he gotten and how much more will he get?

From what i understand he keeps his signing bonus since the pats cut him before he was convicted.  From what I have read this was done purposely by Kraft so that he could afford a lawyer, kind a parting gift.  Since he wont be playing he wont be earning another penny from the pats.

From what i understand he keeps his signing bonus since the pats cut him before he was convicted.  From what I have read this was done purposely by Kraft so that he could afford a lawyer, kind a parting gift.  Since he wont be playing he wont be earning another penny from the pats.

Where did you read that? I'd love to see it.  If true, Kraft isn't merely someone people like to poke fun at or take a couple of rival shots at.  He is true human garbage if he ponied up millions of dollars so a murderer could get more expensive lawyers.  Go give those millions to an orphanage if you've run out of things to spend on. Yuck.

Where did you read that? I'd love to see it.  If true, Kraft isn't merely someone people like to poke fun at or take a couple of rival shots at.  He is true human garbage if he ponied up millions of dollars so a murderer could get more expensive lawyers.  Go give those millions to an orphanage if you've run out of things to spend on. Yuck.

Agreed. Maybe put that money in a trust for the baby the murderer did not think enough of to change his life for.  **** Hernandez.

Aaron Hernandez Secures Biggest Signing Bonus Ever For Tight End, According To Report

By Rodger Sherman @rodger_sherman on Aug 27 2012, 11:23a +

The details of Aaron Hernandez' contract extension are now known, and the third-year tight end will receive the largest signing bonus ever for someone at his position at $12.5 million, sweetening a deal that will keep him in New England through 2018.

Hernandez will still make base salaries under $1 million the next two seasons, but after that, he's added a five-year, $40 million extension, which includes $16 million of guaranteed money. Hernandez will be making more per year and features more guaranteed money than Rob Gronkowski, who renegotiated his deal to make him the then-fifth-highest paid tight end to the league in June. However, Hernandez' deal is a year shorter.

All in all, not a bad haul for a player who was a fourth-round pick just two years ago. It's not a bad time to be a tight end in Foxboro, as Tom Brady has made it clear on the field that he likes throwing to the duo and the Patriots have rewarded them both substantially off it.

Hernandez asked that a $50,000 donation be given to the Myra Kraft Foundation in his contract to thank the Patriots' owner, Robert Kraft, for drafting him and agreeing to negotiate the extension.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2012/8/27/3271629/aaron-hernandez-contract-details-new-england-patriots

So in other words, we're talking about Hernandez keeps the $12.5 million he's already gotten as a signing bonus but he gets no more?

This is the same man who gave Belichick a contract extension after SpyGate so nothing surprises me.

Where did you read it?  On a Jets, Dolphins, Bills or Steelers messageboard?  Please provide a link?

His contract called for a 12.5 signing bonus.  He earned 6 million the day he signed the contract last year.  He earned another $3.25 millionin March.  His remaining bonus of $3.25 is due next March.  The Patriots have stated they do not intend to pay that.

So how exactly did Kraft hook-up Hernandez?   He had already earned 75% of his signing bonus before th emurder.  That is over 9 million for th emath challenged.  He is not hurting for a defense fund. 

I cant find where I saw/heard it but I am not clever enough to come up with that myself lol. I am pretty sure it was the day he was arrested/released by the pats. It may have been something I was watching on ESPN that night even. So I cant even recall if it was in print or something I was watching/listening to...

Maybe the Pats could theoretically recover part of the $9M if he's convicted, but elected not to?

I wonder if there hasn't been some twisting in the reporting.  Like maybe Kraft was overheard saying, "Get that guy out of here.  Off our roster, out of our place, we want nothing to do with him.  Let him keep what we've already given him, it's our parting gift just get the goddamn hell away from us".  And that got turned into Kraft wanted to give Hernandez a parting gift.

Just speculating.

Maybe the Pats could theoretically recover part of the $9M if he's convicted, but elected not to?

I wonder if there hasn't been some twisting in the reporting.  Like maybe Kraft was overheard saying, "Get that guy out of here.  Off our roster, out of our place, we want nothing to do with him.  Let him keep what we've already given him, it's our parting gift just get the goddamn hell away from us".  And that got turned into Kraft wanted to give Hernandez a parting gift.

Just speculating.

Yeah, I hate the Pats as much as the next Jets fan, but I don't buy that the team was trying to do him any favors.  They just wanted his ass gone as quickly as humanly possible.  If they really were trying to help him out, there wouldn't have been so many reports that the Pats will refuse to pay him out the remaining portion of the guaranteed money they still owe him despite him being cut, and will make him come after the team if he wants it.

I cant find where I saw/heard it but I am not clever enough to come up with that myself lol. I am pretty sure it was the day he was arrested/released by the pats. It may have been something I was watching on ESPN that night even. So I cant even recall if it was in print or something I was watching/listening to...

I know everyone here hates the Patriots' but that is so unplausible.

As the article states, they are withholding his workout bonus and intend to withold his remaining bonus due next year.  Additionally, they likely hurt themselves the ability to recoup some of the 9.25 million he had received up to his arrest.

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/9508049/new-england-patriots-pay-aaron-hernandez-bonus-sources

I know everyone here hates the Patriots' but that is so unplausible.

As the article states, they are withholding his workout bonus and intend to withold his remaining bonus due next year.  Additionally, they likely hurt themselves the ability to recoup some of the 9.25 million he had received up to his arrest.

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/9508049/new-england-patriots-pay-aaron-hernandez-bonus-sources

That was the point.  Why cut him and piss away $9.25M to a murderer?  That is not chump change and releasing him will not make this go away or distance themselves from the situation.  They can try but he committed this crime while a member of the Pasts.  Until this trial is over and AH is sentenced this will be all over the NEP.  Did little bill not fill his quota of dead money for this season? i beleive that Chad Johnson's contract may have finally come off the books.

That was the point.  Why cut him and piss away $9.25M to a murderer?  That is not chump change and releasing him will not make this go away or distance themselves from the situation.  They can try but he committed this crime while a member of the Pasts.  Until this trial is over and AH is sentenced this will be all over the NEP.  Did little bill not fill his quota of dead money for this season? i beleive that Chad Johnson's contract may have finally come off the books.

First, there is no un-doing his association with the Patriots, Urban Meyer or Florida Gators (Read an artilce they are removing his plaque from stadium).

Second, from what I read, that $9.25 is gone.   By this I mean, the Patriots, for some inexplicable reason, did not have a character clause of any sort in the contract extension.  How much of the real money is available to get is another matter.  I imagine it is stashed away far from US Jurisdiction.

Last, in the PR department, distancing themselves from a murderer is far better than trying to recoup the money.   One, there is no telling how long the recopuing process is going to take.  Two, as long as he is still employed by the team, he would be due money. 

• 2 weeks later...

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/focus-aaron-hernandez-investigation-turns-fiancee-might-hid-172953689.html

One of the biggest and most important challenges the prosecution faces in the murder case againstAaron Hernandez is finding the murder weapon. And its focus has turned to Hernandez's fiancee.

According to court documents obtained by the Hartford Courant, investigators believe Hernandez's fiancee Shayanna Jenkins made "overt attempts to hide evidence … and to hinder and mislead" the investigation. Hernandez has been charged with first-degree murder in connection with the June 17 death of Odin Lloyd, a semi-pro football player who was shot and killed. Lloyd was dating Jenkins' sister.

The court documents detailed some suspicious activity by Jenkins the day after Lloyd's body was found, according to the Courant.

The Courant said, according to the documents, that Hernandez "called Jenkins the day after Lloyd's body was found because he wanted to dispose of weapons in his house." Surveillance video of the house shows Jenkins leaving the basement at about 1:15 p.m. with a trash bag containing a heavy "rigid object." She put that trash bag in the trunk of her car and drove off, and when she returned 35 minutes later the bag was no longer in the trunk.

The documents say Jenkins drove toward Landry Avenue, where police found a discarded .22-caliber handgun. The police are still looking for a .45-caliber Glock that was used to kill Lloyd.

Carlos Ortiz, a Hernandez associate who was with Hernandez, Lloyd and Ernest Wallace the night Lloyd was killed, has told police that Hernandez stashed two guns in a box in the basement. According to the Courant, investigators cited "cryptic texts" between Hernandez and Jenkins referring to a box in the basement.

According to the story, investigators searched a Bristol storage unit rented in Jenkins' name. The murder weapon has not yet been found.

the bitch is hiding the gun!

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/focus-aaron-hernandez-investigation-turns-fiancee-might-hid-172953689.html

One of the biggest and most important challenges the prosecution faces in the murder case againstAaron Hernandez is finding the murder weapon. And its focus has turned to Hernandez's fiancee.

According to court documents obtained by the Hartford Courant, investigators believe Hernandez's fiancee Shayanna Jenkins made "overt attempts to hide evidence … and to hinder and mislead" the investigation. Hernandez has been charged with first-degree murder in connection with the June 17 death of Odin Lloyd, a semi-pro football player who was shot and killed. Lloyd was dating Jenkins' sister.

The court documents detailed some suspicious activity by Jenkins the day after Lloyd's body was found, according to the Courant.

The Courant said, according to the documents, that Hernandez "called Jenkins the day after Lloyd's body was found because he wanted to dispose of weapons in his house." Surveillance video of the house shows Jenkins leaving the basement at about 1:15 p.m. with a trash bag containing a heavy "rigid object." She put that trash bag in the trunk of her car and drove off, and when she returned 35 minutes later the bag was no longer in the trunk.

The documents say Jenkins drove toward Landry Avenue, where police found a discarded .22-caliber handgun. The police are still looking for a .45-caliber Glock that was used to kill Lloyd.

Carlos Ortiz, a Hernandez associate who was with Hernandez, Lloyd and Ernest Wallace the night Lloyd was killed, has told police that Hernandez stashed two guns in a box in the basement. According to the Courant, investigators cited "cryptic texts" between Hernandez and Jenkins referring to a box in the basement.

According to the story, investigators searched a Bristol storage unit rented in Jenkins' name. The murder weapon has not yet been found.

the bitch is hiding the gun!

Now THAT...is a ride or die bitch!

• 2 weeks later...

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/rolling-stone-article-aaron-hernandez-alleges-heavy-user-012134167.html

We're not done learning all the sordid details about Aaron Hernandez's life off the field, and we're still months from his murder trial.

It's almost incomprehensible that Hernandez was a NFL star, blending in on the New England Patriots, based on what has been alleged about his life since he was arrested and charged with first-degree murder on June 26. Rolling Stone has the latest article investigating Hernandez's life, including the explosive allegation that he was a "heavy user" of the drug PCP, also known as angel dust, and became so paranoid over the past year he carried a gun wherever he went.

Again, a few months ago, Hernandez was considered one of the NFL's star players.

Rolling Stone released a few details of its magazine article, "The Gangster in the Huddle," on its website. The angel dust allegation is the most shocking revelation but not the only one about Hernandez, who was charged with the murder of Odin Lloyd, a semi-pro football player who was shot and found in an industrial park near Hernandez's house on June 17.

Rolling Stone also claims Hernandez surrounded himself with a "cohort of gangsters" and cut himself off from family and teammates, both of his parents had a criminal record, that Hernandez's mom Terri was cheating on Hernandez's father with a violent drug dealer and after Hernandez's father died the drug dealer moved into the house with Terri and Aaron Hernandez, and that Hernandez's college coach Urban Meyer "may have" helped failed drug tests and two violent incidents when Hernandez was at the University of Florida.

The other detail Rolling Stone released is that Bill Belichick was infuriated with Hernandez's "missed practices and thug-life stunts" and was close to cutting his star tight end. That helps explain why the Patriots cut Hernandez almost immediately after he was arrested at his house.

Given what we've heard about Hernandez's lifestyle off the field in the past few months, Belichick being fed up with Hernandez even before his arrest might be the least surprising revelation of the upcoming Rolling Stone article.

Archived