Hanley is back!

Blackout

• 2 weeks later...

How am I eating my words? He may be an all time great when all is said and done but he's not there yet. At all.

how many shortstops have as many career HR's or that high of a career OPS?

i'm sure you'll throw out names of steroid users like A-rod, Tejada and Nomar but I exclude them 3.

Hanley has a lot of prime left to add to his legacy :)

of course we all know Jeter is the best MLB shortshop ever. and the 2nd best shortstop ever behind Pop Lloyd.   Wagner an Vaughen aren't far behind either.

but Hanley will surpass all of them  (besides Lloyd) if he keeps on his rampage.

how many shortstops have as many career HR's or that high of a career OPS?

i'm sure you'll throw out names of steroid users like A-rod, Tejada and Nomar but I exclude them 3.

Nomar used steroids? That's a good one.

Jeter, Wagner, A-Rod, Ripken, Ozzie Smith, Ernie Banks, etc etc.

Hanley has a long way to go.

Hanley has been very impressive. Puig ignited this team with his enthusiasm and hustle. Gave everyone, vets included, a necessary shot in the arm. But Ramirez has carried the team offensively with help from Gonzo and now Ethier. If everyone stays healthy, I don't see anyone beating the Dodgers in a 5 or 7 game series.

Hanley has been very impressive. Puig ignited this team with his enthusiasm and hustle. Gave everyone, vets included, a necessary shot in the arm. But Ramirez has carried the team offensively with help from Gonzo and now Ethier. If everyone stays healthy, I don't see anyone beating the Dodgers in a 5 or 7 game series.

I wonder what they'll do when Kemp is healthy...they could try to trade Ethier or keep him as a reserve.  Could be a great move if they make it to the playoffs and have him to DH on the road 4x

I wonder what they'll do when Kemp is healthy...they could try to trade Ethier or keep him as a reserve.  Could be a great move if they make it to the playoffs and have him to DH on the road 4x

This issue has come up several times on the MLB Network. The problem with trading Ethier, and he always seems to be the likely target, is that Crawford and Kemp have not been able to stay healthy. Ethier is a great guy to have when either one of those guys is out. Otherwise, you've got Skip Shumaker, Jerry Hairston or Scott Van Slyke. They're good bench guys, not everyday starters. My guess is Ethier stays. The Dodgers have the deepest pockets in the league now so they can afford to keep all of these guys. Joc Pederson has been progressing nicely through their system and he may be ready by next year. If so, then I could see them trading Ethier.

Archived