Peter King takes unsolicited broadside on Woody Johnson

T0mShane

King, a big Celtics fan, was tweeting about the Celtics-Nets trade (wherein the Nets dealt scrubs + 3 1st rounders for Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce, and Jason Terry), and he summed up his little tirade by saying that it was "a Woody Johnson trade if I ever saw one."

On the surface, it's innocuous, but it does give you some insight to how Woody might be viewed around the league. Sick burn, King. Your Celtics suck.

I see what you are saying...grain of salt necessary though from a guy whos sports region is having a rough quarter and who felt it necessary once in MMQB to defend himself from Jets bias...But the Nets did just sell the future and pick up two guys at the ends of their careers who couldn't get it done with their old club. It does sound Johnson-esque, but it sounds Tannen-esque more so... Either way- They got hosed.

King, a big Celtics fan, was tweeting about the Celtics-Nets trade (wherein the Nets dealt scrubs + 3 1st rounders for Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce, and Jason Terry), and he summed up his little tirade by saying that it was "a Woody Johnson trade if I ever saw one."

On the surface, it's innocuous, but it does give you some insight to how Woody might be viewed around the league. Sick burn, King. Your Celtics suck.

No insight. It's Peter King. He's a Boston guy, and hates NY as a result. Totally huge shocker that he'd throw a barb this way.

No insight. It's Peter King. He's a Boston guy, and hates NY as a result. Totally huge shocker that he'd throw a barb this way.

Exactly, especially in the wake of this Patriots off-season. LOL, it comes across as pathological pettiness.

I will give you credit Tom, you're nothing if not consistent.  As soon as I read this thread title, I thought to myself "let me guess, another thread where Tom tells us why one person in the media agreeing with him about someone is proof of how all of the public views that person."  I have a funny feeling we wouldn't have seen a similar thread if there was a random tweet praising Woody from whatever random media person.  I'm not even defending Woody mind you, I could give less of a crap what people think of him, I'm just pointing out the trend is all. :)

I will give you credit Tom, you're nothing if not consistent. As soon as I read this thread title, I thought to myself "let me guess, another thread where Tom tells us why one person in the media agreeing with him about someone is proof of how all of the public views that person." I have a funny feeling we wouldn't have seen a similar thread if there was a random tweet praising Woody from whatever random media person. I'm not even defending Woody mind you, I could give less of a crap what people think of him, I'm just pointing out the trend is all. :)

You cock. I saw King take the shot, completely unprovoked, and thought it was interesting that "a Woody Johnson trade" had become a thing.

You cock. I saw King take the shot, completely unprovoked, and thought it was interesting that "a Woody Johnson trade" had become a thing.

You anus.  I'm just saying, I'm pretty sure the only people who view that as a "thing" would be you and King.  I wouldn't hold my breath in waiting to see this become a common phrase getting thrown around in the future.

Truth be told, outside of the big names who are constantly in the public eye (e.g., Kraft, Jones), I think most people couldn't give less of a crap about the owners of any team outside of their own.

You anus. I'm just saying, I'm pretty sure the only people who view that as a "thing" would be you and King. I wouldn't hold my breath in waiting to see this become a common phrase getting thrown around in the future.

Truth be told, outside of the big names who are constantly in the public eye (e.g., Kraft, Jones), I think most people couldn't give less of a crap about the owners of any team outside of their own.

I'm an anus. You're a cock. We should get together.

Peter King can say what he wants...Woody is a rich, no clue owner...but I'd still rather have him own the team then say Jerry Jones...who's becoming the next Al Davis right before our eyes...he has a plan...the plan makes zero sense...he's the owner/GM...owner that refuses to fire an incompetent GM is foolish...but hey...at least they have a nice stadium.

Peter King can say what he wants...Woody is a rich, no clue owner...but I'd still rather have him own the team then say Jerry Jones...who's becoming the next Al Davis right before our eyes...he has a plan...the plan makes zero sense...he's the owner/GM...owner that refuses to fire an incompetent GM is foolish...but hey...at least they have a nice stadium.

Al Davis was a HOF personnel guy.  Yeah he turned 100 and the game passed him by, but don't mention him with Jerry Jones.  

Archived