JetNation

I wasnt aware he had been convicted. He plead not guilty

I think the conduct that is detrimental should be established before

They get out of anything

At this point you cant even say who sent the txts drove the car or pulled

The trigger

Krafty seems to have no doubts

Wonder why

Seems like you should have to wait for a conviction before they could do this. I guess they are guided by the fact of knowing more than they say publicly

doesn't hurt when the cops are tipping your GM off on the murder charge before the guy is even arrested.  what if someone told Aaron and he had tried to escape, OJ style?

I wasnt aware he had been convicted. He plead not guilty

I think the conduct that is detrimental should be established before

They get out of anything

At this point you cant even say who sent the txts drove the car or pulled

The trigger

Krafty seems to have no doubts

Wonder why

As Polian and another former NFL guy on ESPN said, each team has former LEO professionals on the payroll to investigate players and to find out information on their players when they are involved in something to like this (or of a lesser nature).  So yeah, Kraft probably had a good idea where the investigation was going.

Should the Patriots be allowed? Yes.  It is not going to hurt them to try.   The NFLPA will fight it if Hernandez is ever acquitted.  Otherwise, they do not exactly want to fight this right now.

Sounds to me like the Patriots are jumping the gun.  A contract is a contract, and the Patriots should follow through.

If somebody does extensive work on my property, sends me a bill and then gets arrested for something serious, do I get out of paying him because I find his suspected behavior so upsetting I can't imagine doing anything good for such a scandalous individual?  He earned the money!

It's entertaining how we fall back on this constitutional right of presumed innocence like it is a real thing.  It doesn't exist anymore then Santa Clause exists.  Just a soothing thing to think about.

Once you are accused of something, you are treated as guilty by the law.  What do you think happens if Hernandez decides to just run away because he is innocent?

IMO Hernandez is guilty, and should be incarcerated, but the idea that you are presumed innocent is silly.  Once a cop accuses you of something, you are treated by the court as if you are guilty.  They take your freedom.

If that is actually the in fact law of the land, why should business treat you any different?  

Sounds to me like the Patriots are jumping the gun.  A contract is a contract, and the Patriots should follow through.

If somebody does extensive work on my property, sends me a bill and then gets arrested for something serious, do I get out of paying him because I find his suspected behavior so upsetting I can't imagine doing anything good for such a scandalous individual?  He earned the money!

What else can they do?

For whatever reason, they did not include a clause which stipulated forfeiture of future bonuses due to non-normative behavior.

Due to this they are between a rock and a hard place. 

Should they have kept him on the roster in order to get out of paying him?  No.  It is already a media $hit storm for them due to Hernandez' actions.

They will not pay him.  Whether they get relieved of a cap hit shall be seen.  No reason for Roger to release the Patriots from it.

there is legally correct and business correct. he doesn't have the time or cash to pursue a civil lawsuit right now. he will get desperate for $$ soon enough to pay his crim lawyers and settle with the pats for 20-40 cents on the dollar.

Archived