46 replies to this topic

#26 JoeKlecko

JoeKlecko

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 1,800 posts
  • LocationHigh Point, NC

Posted 02 July 2013 - 10:28 PM

He probably will, but until it actually happens everyone has every single right to keep bashing him. Until he actually does, Sanchez is a sack licker who sucks to unimaginable levels at his job. 

I'm glad to see that you finally admit it.  ;-)

Rex Ryan, the bag lady of NFL HCs.

#27 slats

slats

9 5/8" hands

• Moderators
  • 18,170 posts
  • LocationAcross the Universe

Posted 03 July 2013 - 05:51 AM

If you read his quotes, he's saying, "I liked him as a prospect, and if I was coaching him he would be good." Typical egomaniac head coach-speak. They all think their scouting is flawless and that their coaching can save any player.

That was my take. I took that comment at 100% face value. When the Jets and Sanchez part ways, there will be another coach who will think he can fix him. And another after that.
back in my room
wish you were dead
you bawl like the baby
in Eraserhead

#28 Jetsfan80

Jetsfan80

Hall Of Famer

• Members
  • 44,634 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 07:39 AM

If you read his quotes, he's saying, "I liked him as a prospect, and if I was coaching him he would be good." Typical egomaniac head coach-speak. They all think their scouting is flawless and that their coaching can save any player.

Yep.  And that's why someone will undoubtedly pick up Sanchez after this season and try to turn him into a backup Jeff Garcia.

sheesh, I'm a doosh.

#29 flgreen

flgreen

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 16,523 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 07:45 AM

Someone's probably already said this, but if Holmgren likes Sanchez that much, let's see what he'll offer the Jets for Sanchez.

Probably won't have to offer anything.

Sounds like he is applying for the Jets HC job maybe.   Maybe if he gets it he'll extend Sanchez

#30 slats

slats

9 5/8" hands

• Moderators
  • 18,170 posts
  • LocationAcross the Universe

Posted 03 July 2013 - 07:50 AM

Probably won't have to offer anything.

Sounds like he is applying for the Jets HC job maybe.   Maybe if he gets it he'll extend Sanchez

He turned down Dick Steinberg all those years ago.
back in my room
wish you were dead
you bawl like the baby
in Eraserhead

#31 flgreen

flgreen

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 16,523 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:13 AM

He turned down Dick Steinberg all those years ago.

But they didn't have Sanchez back then.   This is the QB Holmgren has been waiting for since 1996

#32 Integrity28

Integrity28

I love it when Idzik's plan comes together.

• Members
  • 31,039 posts
  • Locationwrong guy in the wrong place at the wrong time

Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:36 AM

I can't believe how offended some seem to be at the notion that Holmgren disagrees with them. 

Yep. Buncha ******* cry babies, it's amazing that grown ass men are the ones behind all these posts.

Don't get that logic.

if it were politics he would be talking about how much Sanchez sucks to cover his buddy's butt when the passing game falls apart

It was said partially tongue-in-cheek, but yeah, Marty may have told Holmgren he's going to have to start Sanchez - and Holmgren might just be trying to give a passive vote of confidence to keep the fans someone sane when they find out.

That, or it's an even deeper, darker level of psychology, and Holmgren is praising Sanchez, so that when Geno gets to be the starter... fans are like "ZOMG Holmgren sez Sanchez iz gud so Geno iz BEAST"

However you want me to spin it, I'll find a way. Since it's pretty much meaningless sh*t that most here over-react to. LOL

"Idz a process."

Posted Image

#33 flgreen

flgreen

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 16,523 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:43 AM

That, or it's an even deeper, darker level of psychology, and Holmgren is praising Sanchez, so that when Geno gets to be the starter... fans are like "ZOMG Holmgren sez Sanchez iz gud so Geno iz BEAST"

However you want me to spin it, I'll find a way. Since it's pretty much meaningless sh*t that most here over-react to. LOL

That's the spirit.

Keep up the good work

#34 Klecko73isGod

Klecko73isGod

Anchor Salesman

• Members
  • 21,001 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:52 AM

My lack of respect for Sanchez is well documented here but hey, Holmgren thinks he's good. I'm no expert and he is so why not hope he's right?
Stranger things in sports have happened no?

Seeing as he is most likely going to be the opening day starter, this is probably the healthiest way to look at it. 

Posted Image

A RYAN ALWAYS SAUSAGES HIS FROSTED FLAKES

#35 JiF

JiF

President of the Rex Ryan Fan Club

• Members
  • 35,508 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between Heaven and Hell

Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:59 AM

Weird.  I thought that mentality was exclusive to Rex Ryan.  

Posted Image

#36 Jetfan13

Jetfan13

older but better

• Members
  • 6,377 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 09:02 AM

I agree with Mike, mainly because I am hoping he is right.

24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence? I think not.

#37 Freemanm

Freemanm

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 360 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 09:38 AM

Good, then Holmgren can take Sanchez and his $6 million salary. Let's see how far Sanchez can take the Seahawks.

Personally, I agree that Sanchez can have a fine year. After all, I think ESPN 5 needs a commentator for its NCAA post-game wrap up show at 2am. Sanchez would do very well there.

#38 flgreen

flgreen

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 16,523 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 09:43 AM

Good, then Holmgren can take Sanchez and his $6 million salary. Let's see how far Sanchez can take the Seahawks.

Personally, I agree that Sanchez can have a fine year. After all, I think ESPN 5 needs a commentator for its NCAA post-game wrap up show at 2am. Sanchez would do very well there.

John Schneider and Pete might have a major problem with Holmgren taking Sanchez to the Seahawks

#39 kelticwizard

kelticwizard

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 3,107 posts
  • LocationSoutheastern Connecticut

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:18 AM

Maybe Homgren would like to take over another organization in trouble, and would put Sanchez in until a new draftee takes over.

Holmgren might figure Sanchez' role this year is the same as Kurt Warner's role with respect to Eli-play for half the year, get replaced in midseason, then move onto another team. The Giants virtually announced that Warner was only there until Eli was ready to take over, and Warner played well before being replaced anyway.  Holmgren might like to get a new team to be on the receiving end of a trade for Sanchez.

Edited by kelticwizard, 03 July 2013 - 10:19 AM.

#40 JoeKlecko

JoeKlecko

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 1,800 posts
  • LocationHigh Point, NC

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:22 AM

Weird.  I thought that mentality was exclusive to Rex Ryan.  

No, Rex is just a zen master of that philosophy.   :winking0001:  :tongue:

Rex Ryan, the bag lady of NFL HCs.

#41 flgreen

flgreen

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 16,523 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:38 AM

Maybe Homgren would like to take over another organization in trouble, and would put Sanchez in until a new draftee takes over.

Holmgren might figure Sanchez' role this year is the same as Kurt Warner's role with respect to Eli-play for half the year, get replaced in midseason, then move onto another team. The Giants virtually announced that Warner was only there until Eli was ready to take over, and Warner played well before being replaced anyway.  Holmgren might like to get a new team to be on the receiving end of a trade for Sanchez.

Can't read Holmgren's mind, and perhaps The Ape is right," it's an even deeper, darker level of psychology".

But until I finish my prophet course, and get fully certified, I'm taking Holgren at his word.

“I think actually he’s going to have a fine year,” Holmgren said.   Seems pretty straight forward to me

#42 jgb

jgb

Darksider

• Members
  • 2,319 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:40 AM

same question as last summer when all those reports were coming out about mark looking "buff" "in shape" and "confident": can you win comeback player of the year award if all you are coming back from is sucking?

#43 kelticwizard

kelticwizard

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 3,107 posts
  • LocationSoutheastern Connecticut

Posted 03 July 2013 - 03:10 PM

......But until I finish my prophet course, and get fully certified, I'm taking Holgren at his word.

Shucks-where's the fun in that?

#44 Klecko73isGod

Klecko73isGod

Anchor Salesman

• Members
  • 21,001 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 03:11 PM

same question as last summer when all those reports were coming out about mark looking "buff" "in shape" and "confident": can you win comeback player of the year award if all you are coming back from is sucking?

I know Pennington was technically coming back from injury but let's be honest with each other....

Posted Image

#45 Klecko73isGod

Klecko73isGod

Anchor Salesman

• Members
  • 21,001 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 03:22 PM

Now that I've given this a little more thought I would have to say that even if Sanchez has a lights out, All-Pro worthy season next year he still doesn't qualify for "comeback" player of the year. 

He would have had to have had at least one good season first, then suck, then be good AGAIN in order for it be considered a "comeback."

Posted Image

#46 faba

faba

• Moderators
  • 24,565 posts
  • LocationHolmdel

Posted 03 July 2013 - 04:52 PM

How can you improve on a buttfumble-seems easy enough for Mark to do.

Treat people with how you want to be treated-with respect.

#47 JET80TV

JET80TV

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 110 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:22 PM

Holmgrem is out of the NFL for a reason, the game has passed him by. The only thing he ever did in football was luck into getting Favre as his QB.
Unless he means that Sanchez will be fine as Genos backup. Even then I don't think he holds a clipboard the right way

he sooo "lucked out" on Hasselbeck as well?

Edited by JET80TV, 03 July 2013 - 11:25 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users