• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#1 Freemanm

Freemanm

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:42 PM

Hi, I have a 10-month old son. He started watching me with the Jets last season. I've been a fan since the season before he Jets went to the mud bowl, and Richard "The second coming of Namath" Todd was QB, Freeman McNeil (hence, the screen name) was a great RB and Wesley Walker was awesome as WR. And yes, there was the NY sack exchange.

I have put myself through 30 years of mostly misery, save for a few flashes of promise, like when Parcells became head coach. A field so muddy that it was unplayable; a 10 and 0 start only to see the Jets lose heir final six games; Mark Gastineau retiring so hat he could go marry some she-male; 10-0 lead at halftime go up in smoke; Belichick abruptly quitting the NYJ; Doug Brien missing two easy field goals against the Steelers in the playoffs; the list of misery goes on and on, as you all know.

Seriously, would I be cursing my only son by exposing him to the Jet Nation of misery?

#2 JoeC36

JoeC36

JetNation's Keeper Of The Anals

• Moderators
  • 11,186 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:44 PM

no

289 Time Post of the Week Loser

#3 TnT

TnT

Patty Cake Champion

• Members
  • 886 posts
  • LocationMiami

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:55 PM

No...youre supposed to protect him from EVIL!

#4 Lil Bit Special

Lil Bit Special

pumba lookin ass- Chris Ivory

• Members
  • 22,660 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:26 PM

If you do I will call child services on you.

When the weight of the world has got you down And you want to end your life,Bills to pay, a dead-end job,And problems with the wife.But don't throw in the tow'l,'Cuz there's a place right down the block...Where you can drink your misery away...At Flaming Moe's.... (Let's all go to Flaming Moe's...)When liquor in a mug (Let's all go to Flaming Moe's...)Can warm you like a hug. (Flaming Moe's...)And happiness is just a Flaming Moe away...

#5 stugotz81

stugotz81

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 1,226 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:34 PM

i guess you either make him a Jets fan and pray history doesn't repeat it self over the next 30 years or get ready to start going to Giants games...pick the lesser evil

You can’t fly with eagles when you keep walking with turkeys

#6 flgreen

flgreen

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 16,607 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 10:05 PM

Absolutely.

As a matter of fact you should go out right now and get a real good deal on a size 1 #6 authentic jersey.

Get the kid used to a life of abject misery early.  ( At least that's what I read on here)  It works a lot better then if you try to wait until they are in their preteens, and flitting with their first Giants jersey.

Rocky road

#7 slats

slats

9 5/8" hands

• Moderators
  • 18,797 posts
  • LocationAcross the Universe

Posted 04 July 2013 - 11:02 PM

My kids grew up watching the Jets with me and learned that football is dumb. Good luck with your son!

back in my room
wish you were dead
you bawl like the baby
in Eraserhead

#8 Maxman

Maxman

Mr. Jet Nation

• Administrators
  • 57,478 posts
  • LocationJN Server Room

Posted 04 July 2013 - 11:08 PM

no

As a modertator you are required to answer Yes.  This way we get one more poster.  Cmon man.  Recruit.

#9 Maxman

Maxman

Mr. Jet Nation

• Administrators
  • 57,478 posts
  • LocationJN Server Room

Posted 04 July 2013 - 11:09 PM

The answer is Yes.  It is all about the law of averages.  It will work in his favor.

#10 JoeC36

JoeC36

JetNation's Keeper Of The Anals

• Moderators
  • 11,186 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 11:10 PM

As a modertator you are required to answer Yes.  This way we get one more poster.  Cmon man.  Recruit.

i assume you use term "moderator" loosely.

289 Time Post of the Week Loser

#11 BurnleyJet

BurnleyJet

Fan for 30 years (You get less for Murder these days!)

• Members
  • 2,314 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 12:24 AM

Misery loves company, so it's a YES, it's a right of passage. Welcome young Jet!

#12 pointman

pointman

sandwiches are good.

• Members
  • 5,496 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 12:25 AM

Real men make their kids football fans. Only posers make their kids fans of teams they aren't local to/or their father was local to. Only scumbags are Cowboy fans. And only pussies are Giant fans. 

#13 pointman

pointman

sandwiches are good.

• Members
  • 5,496 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 12:26 AM

i assume you use term "moderator" loosely.

He said "modertator". Learn to read. Modertator, so delicious. No homo.

#14 spjets

spjets

NFL Alumni

• Members
  • 6,343 posts
  • Locationiron station NC

Posted 05 July 2013 - 04:34 AM

Yes...

#15 sourceworx

sourceworx

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 1,228 posts
  • LocationPatchogue, NY

Posted 05 July 2013 - 06:38 AM

I have a kid on the way (my first), and I've been thinking the same thing.  It's almost like passing a curse on to your children.  

I know one thing: if I don't make my kid a Jets fan, he/she sure as sh*t won't become a Giants fan.  I don't want to hate my own kid....

#16 sourceworx

sourceworx

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 1,228 posts
  • LocationPatchogue, NY

Posted 05 July 2013 - 06:39 AM

Real men make their kids football fans. Only posers make their kids fans of teams they aren't local to/or their father was local to. Only scumbags are Cowboy fans. And only pussies are Giant fans.

I think you have this in reverse.

#17 cr726

cr726

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 704 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 07:45 AM

Both of my kids are Jets fans. You gotta make your kid a Jets fan who would you take to the Hofstra practice?

I have a kid on the way (my first), and I've been thinking the same thing.  It's almost like passing a curse on to your children.  

I know one thing: if I don't make my kid a Jets fan, he/she sure as sh*t won't become a Giants fan.  I don't want to hate my own kid....

#18 sourceworx

sourceworx

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 1,228 posts
  • LocationPatchogue, NY

Posted 05 July 2013 - 07:59 AM

Both of my kids are Jets fans. You gotta make your kid a Jets fan who would you take to the Hofstra practice?

LOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!

I noticed Sean was able to get a WHOPPING 180 sigs on that silly petition.  He sure showed Woody Johnson! :sign0098:

Edited by sourceworx, 05 July 2013 - 08:01 AM.

#19 cr726

cr726

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 704 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:03 AM

LOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!

I noticed Sean was able to get a WHOPPING 180 sigs on that silly petition.  He sure showed Woody Johnson! :sign0098:

My 5 year old son is a Jets fan, but he loves football too. It's a blast having your kids like the same team even when they suck!!!!!
When is your wife due?

#20 sourceworx

sourceworx

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 1,228 posts
  • LocationPatchogue, NY

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:05 AM

My 5 year old son is a Jets fan, but he loves football too. It's a blast having your kids like the same team even when they suck!!!!!
When is your wife due?

Christmas Day.

#21 cr726

cr726

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 704 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:11 AM

Christmas Day.

Congrats and good luck. It is a truly awesome thing, no words can describe it properly.

#22 sourceworx

sourceworx

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 1,228 posts
  • LocationPatchogue, NY

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:12 AM

Congrats and good luck. It is a truly awesome thing, no words can describe it properly.

Thanks!

#23 lamont_jordan_rules

lamont_jordan_rules

Free Agent

• Members
  • 493 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:30 AM

wait until he's done something bad ... then recruit him with an old highlight video or something ... that'll learn 'im!!!

#24 JoeKlecko

JoeKlecko

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 1,800 posts
  • LocationHigh Point, NC

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:38 AM

I hear you.  lol

I wasn't blessed with any children, but I probably would have been torn if I was.  If I had a young child now, I probably would since things look more positive and hopeful (in spite of what I think about Sanchez, Woody, and Rex).  Back in the days of Richie Kotite and Leon Hess, definitely not.  Another part of me thinks the kid should choose for him or herself.  Just because I root for a team doesn't mean my kid has to, although it would be more fun if we did root for the same team.

Growing up in NC, I didn't have a team.  My father was a Redskins fan, but I just couldn't sign on with Sonny Jurgenson and the like.  I first became a fan of the Vince Lombardi GB Packers, then when Joe Willie Namath came along became a fan of the Jets.

Rex Ryan, the bag lady of NFL HCs.

#25 T0mShane

T0mShane

From devil to Bevell, '15

• Members
  • 25,743 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:40 AM

Yes, and you should also hold up Lindsay Lohan as The Feminine Ideal.
Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users