What you've All been waiting for JETS WEST is here

flgreen

Sanchez blows but the locker room "strife" that is widely reported is just the usual clowns stirring the pot. I seriously doubt the offense is "taking sides" if only because that is something 5th grade girls do, and these are (supposedly) grown men. Everyone's there except Smith. Nobody knows why. Sure, it might be because he dislikes Sanchez or Sanchez didn't invite him, but it also might be that his mom is having surgery. The whole thing is overblown.

Sanchez blows but the locker room "strife" that is widely reported is just the usual clowns stirring the pot. I seriously doubt the offense is "taking sides" if only because that is something 5th grade girls do, and these are (supposedly) grown men. Everyone's there except Smith. Nobody knows why. Sure, it might be because he dislikes Sanchez or Sanchez didn't invite him, but it also might be that his mom is having surgery. The whole thing is overblown.

I really haven't read anything about locker room strife.  Except on here from posters.  Everything I have read is veterans supporting Sanchez.

Sanchez did invite ALL skill players.  Smith is working out in Florida.  Don't know what that means, but that's what's going on

I really haven't read anything about locker room strife.  Except on here from posters.  Everything I have read is veterans supporting Sanchez.

Sanchez did invite ALL skill players.  Smith is working out in Florida.  Don't know what that means, but that's what's going on

I suppose I overstated it, but you know how it is. Stuff like this:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000217357/article/geno-smith-wont-be-at-mark-sanchezs-jets-west-camp

Mark Sanchez's Jets West camp kicked off Thursday in Southern California. Geno Smith was not in attendance.

NFL Network and NFL.com learned Thursday that Smith will not be attending the camp, according to a source. The New York Daily News reported that Smith is working out in Florida and plans to stay there through the weekend, according to a source.

It's curious news that brings into question the relationship between Sanchez and Smith, two quarterbacks who will compete for the New York Jets' starting quarterback role in training camp and the preseason. Tim Tebow -- Sanchez's backup in 2012 -- attended Jets West last summer.

Smith initially offered a no comment when asked about attending Jets West, which Sanchez has hosted in Mission Viejo, Calif., the past four years. He later clarified that he didn't commit to the event because he didn't know what it was. Still, Smith made it clear to reporters that he hadn't been formally invited by Sanchez.

"We haven't talked about it, but from my understanding, it's something that's done annually and all the guys go out there and it's been a great experience," Smith said last month. "Mark hasn't officially extended the hand to me, but I'm pretty sure there's no problem there."

Now we're left to speculate if Sanchez ever invited Smith, or if the rookie simply chose to stay away from the team-building exercise. Either way, it's an unnecessary storyline for a team that would be wise to steer clear of any big-top-related drama.

...stuff like this, implying that they aren't getting along and snubbing each other and whatever.

I suppose I overstated it, but you know how it is. Stuff like this:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000217357/article/geno-smith-wont-be-at-mark-sanchezs-jets-west-camp

Mark Sanchez's Jets West camp kicked off Thursday in Southern California. Geno Smith was not in attendance.

NFL Network and NFL.com learned Thursday that Smith will not be attending the camp, according to a source. The New York Daily News reported that Smith is working out in Florida and plans to stay there through the weekend, according to a source.

It's curious news that brings into question the relationship between Sanchez and Smith, two quarterbacks who will compete for the New York Jets' starting quarterback role in training camp and the preseason. Tim Tebow -- Sanchez's backup in 2012 -- attended Jets West last summer.

Smith initially offered a no comment when asked about attending Jets West, which Sanchez has hosted in Mission Viejo, Calif., the past four years. He later clarified that he didn't commit to the event because he didn't know what it was. Still, Smith made it clear to reporters that he hadn't been formally invited by Sanchez.

"We haven't talked about it, but from my understanding, it's something that's done annually and all the guys go out there and it's been a great experience," Smith said last month. "Mark hasn't officially extended the hand to me, but I'm pretty sure there's no problem there."

Now we're left to speculate if Sanchez ever invited Smith, or if the rookie simply chose to stay away from the team-building exercise. Either way, it's an unnecessary storyline for a team that would be wise to steer clear of any big-top-related drama.

...stuff like this, implying that they aren't getting along and snubbing each other and whatever.

OK.

That's just the normal media hating the Jets.  Of course there is going to be some tension between Sanchez, and Smith. 

To tell you the truth, I'm surprised how many players showed up.   Plus Cro has 5or6 DB's plus Hill committed to his Alcrotraz camp. 

With all the talk in the media about how awful the Jets are going to be this year, it doesn't seem like the players got the memo.  They seem to be hanging pretty tough together.    That's the kind of thing that Rex can really get a team to feed off.  The all "Us against the world"  thingy.

I'm probably going to get jumped on for saying this, but I've got a feeling both the Jets and Sanchez are going to have a good year.

The D is going to be good.  I think the Running game is going to be good.  If Sanchez and Hill can put something together, I think this team just might have a punchers chance.  A lot of teams are looking at their schedules and putting a W in for the Jets game. 

We'll see

Dennis Agapito flew to California today and will be at the practice tomorrow.  He will have live updates from camp, it should be interesting.

Nice - jetnation is your source for all Jet news

Archived