Geno Smith and Chad Ochocinco (MERGED)

CrazyCarl40

I don't have a problem with it. He was always entertaining and had a good heart. Besides the domestic violence arrest, I cant remember a time where he was in trouble with the law, just stupid PR things. 

lol, yeah besides beating his wife.. you know, no biggie. 

One incident doesn't make a man. Sure its a ****ed up thing to do, but I can't judge him on one incident. 

He threw a female a beating. He doesn't need to do it twice to be judged for it. Often times, once is more than enough to judge someone. This isn't speeding, or cheating on a woman.

Chad Johnson was one of the hardest-working players on the Bengals in his tenure there, hopefully that's all the influence he imparts upon Geno.

Otherwise, meh. He was a no-brainer 2nd rounder with no brain.

This

He threw a female a beating. He doesn't need to do it twice to be judged for it. Often times, once is more than enough to judge someone. This isn't speeding, or cheating on a woman.

I understand you're point(man), but my point was that despite the one incident, he isn't that bad a role model. I doubt they sat at dinner talking about the best ways to backhand a woman. 

I understand you're point(man), but my point was that despite the one incident, he isn't that bad a role model. I doubt they sat at dinner talking about the best ways to backhand a woman. 

I understand what you are saying.. i actually like the guy, despite him being a bonehead wife beater... but he is the definition of a bad role model. Hitting a woman puts you in that "bad role model" column, automatically. Either way, who cares. I'm hungry.

You should of met my X

Joking aside, you never know what happened that night so I'm not taking sides either way. Sometimes girls do crazy sh*t then call the police and lie.

One incident doesn't make a man. Sure its a ****ed up thing to do, but I can't judge him on one incident. 

I liked Chad he was a real character but yeah you can judge someone on one incident, especially when it comes to hitting a woman

appreciate that video of Geno  ... he's wobbling around a little bit throughout it ... saying the right things, but comes across a little young & shy & unsure (as can be expected of a rookie but also would  have me leaning towards treating him more with kid gloves than trying to put him right in as THE GUY) ... which is the same impression i've gotten from him in other situations so far as well.

He's not the worst person on the planet to be training with.

+1 , Getting lost under the radar here is Antonio Brown who is a good receiver. Problem is that Geno's not going to have this kind of talent around in the regular season.

So basically he's at a better camp than Jets West. Not seeing the problemo here.

I liked Chad he was a real character but yeah you can judge someone on one incident, especially when it comes to hitting a woman

I'm not disagreeing that its a ****ed up thing to do and maybe what you quoted wasn't the clearest thing for me to say. All I meant was that one incident doesn't negate what he did in his professional career, how hard he worked, and make him a bad role model. Like I said in my other post before I was lawyered, I doubt how to hit a woman was the dinner conversation.

There are a lot worse players and former players he could hang out with.

Does anyone care about the value of the talent at Chad's camp vs Mark's camp? Am I crazy here saying that Geno is actually practicing with better talent right now?

Would be nice if he was practicing with the guys he will be playing with.  Nice to see him doing something. 

Would be nice if he was practicing with the guys he will be playing with. Nice to see him doing something.

Yeah but I am glad he isn't sitting there getting bad advice on how to make a presnap adjustment or how to progress through reads. He missed three days, I am sure he will pick that up. Brown plays with a Superbowl champ so I am sure he got pointers.

So of all the players he could be learning from, you'd have him choose Chad Johnson? Interesting.

What are you trying to say, that his off the field mistake removed his years of football knowledge? So one of the best route runners in recent memory invites you to practice... You decide not to go? He didn't get accused of murder. Im sure a lot of players do what he did. The Steerlers let Wallace go bc they believe Brown will pick up the slack. Real intelligent comment.

Archived