practice, they are huddled together in one "herd" talking to one another. In
the midst of them talking they'll look up and "catch" a play and tweet about
it. That tweet has absolutely no context behind it so when you read QB
completion stats keep that in mind 

Cortland Notes

- For those who haven't been to camp the practice fields are behind the
school's football stadium

- There are three fields running parallel surrounded by fences and bleachers
for fans. There are two regulation fields and one "mini" field (30 yds)

- As you come in you can go to the souvenir shop or Jets Fest for the kids

- Parking costs $5 and you have to print free tickets off the Jets website for
the practices you'll attend

- To determine which field will have the majority of the action check out
where the camera stands are located

General Notes

- Players in shorts & shells. The practice jerseys now have names on the
back so its easier to identify players

- Practice ran 2 hours and 10 minutes

- Coach Kotwica is as loud and profane as Westhoff not as funny. He
implemented a new drill for the special teams. They line up along the 10,
20, 30 & 40 yard lines and as 3 players come towards them they are
instructed to avoid the first. Engage and shed the second and tackle the
third

- There's also a "back to basics" tackling period during warm ups. Every
player rotates between three stations. The first one has Kotwica instructing
on how to tackle in space. The second has Coach Van Gorder (LB's)
teaching on form and how to punch the ball out. The third is Coach
McDonald (DB's) teaching on how to mirror and tackle

- Ivory, Holmes, Goodson didn't practice in addition three others were on
the bikes

- Its 2009 all over again on defense. Ryan in total control from installing to 
teaching defensive theory, in addition the exotic looks and blitzes are back

- A totally shocking practice today. I expected to see the defense in total
control and a ton of screw ups by the offense and I was totally wrong. The
offense was impressive it was innovative the QB's were decisive and the
defense was kept off balance. During the 11 on 11 team periods very few
balls hit the ground. The screen game was particularly impressive with the
way Mornhinweg got the ball to RB's, WR's & TE's in space. And this all took
place with no Ivory, Goodson, Holmes and very little of Edwards. What it
means for the season I don't know but they deserved credit today

Player Notes

- The #1 guards right now are Colon & Peterman

- Edwards didn't get a lot of reps

- Both QB's played well. Sanchez ran with the #1 offense today and was
sharp. During the team periods he had impressive throws to Clyde Gates
(30 yds) and Winslow (25 yds) and didn't make any "visible" mistakes.
Smith was also sharp but he needs to work on his voice calling out signals
(too thin). He had impressive throws to Titus Ryan (20 yd out through a
needle) and to Stephen Hill (40 yds, yes he caught it)

- The #1 defense right now is Wilkerson, Ellis, Richardson, Pace (why?),
Harris, Davis, Coples, Wilson, Allen, Landry & Cro

- Defensive players that flashed today were Richardson (sack) and Coples
(2 flush out sacks)

- Winslow had a good day stretching the middle of the field. His only mistake
was getting one ball punched out from behind and having it returned by
Antonio Garay for a TD

- Danny Lansanah (rookie LB) had a pick 6 against Matt Simms

- Garay also got into a "fight" with JB Shugarts (OL)

- Mcelroy is a nice guy but there's no way he should stick on the roster.
Matt Simms has far more arm talent. There are just too many throws
Mcelroy just can't make

Standouts For The Day

- Mornhinweg and the offensive staff

- Clyde Gates

- The OLine

- Sanchez & Smith

- Winslow

- Powell

- Mcelroy is a nice guy but there's no way he should stick on the roster.

Matt Simms has far more arm talent. There are just too many throws

Mcelroy just can't make.

This pretty much destroyed the credibility of the entire article for me. Anyone saying Simms is a better QB than McElroy needs to have their eyes checked. Simms has sh*t for brains and if possible, reads defenses worse than Sanchez. Come to think of it, going back to his high school and college games, I'm not even sure he is aware the QB is allowed to read the defense pre-snap. Better arm strength does not equate to being a better QB. 

Complete garbage.

I really liked reading about the work on the fundamentals of tackling.  For as excellent as the Ds have been under Rex, the Jets have missed far too many tackles.

I also loved reading that the offense is looking good already.  That's hopefully a sign of the great work that Mornhinweg is doing with the group.

This pretty much destroyed the credibility of the entire article for me. Anyone saying Simms is a better QB than McElroy needs to have their eyes checked. Simms has sh*t for brains and if possible, reads defenses worse than Sanchez. Come to think of it, going back to his high school and college games, I'm not even sure he is aware the QB is allowed to read the defense pre-snap. Better arm strength does not equate to being a better QB. 

Complete garbage.

Agree

Simms has a very strong arm, but I can't imagine why he is still on the roster.  Maybe they are planning on attaching Simms arm to McElroy's brain

Complete garbage.

Who cares? The guys is giving his opinion on two scrubs that won't see the light of day come Sunday. That doesn't make the information bad. McElroy sucks. We all know that.

If I read an opinion that is so far from reality, then I question the judgment of the person who is forming the opinion. 

There is some good information in there that when he leaves his personal judgment out of it, is informative.

I was being over the top to convey how dumb it is to say Simms is better than McElroy.

Pace (why?)

I have to say, that IS disturbing. This defense needs to get faster. Starting Pace would not accomplish that. Ryan needs his binkies and security blankets.

Agreed.

How the **** is it disturbing? Who the hell did you expect to start?  Ricky Sapp?  Do you want to re-sign Bryan Thomas?  Give me a ******* break.  Pace has started and played well for this team since Rex got here.  Playing Guy McIntyre isn't going to make the defense faster and newsflash, he's next up at OLB.  They did not need to replace every player on the defense.  A little more speed can go a long way. 

Who cares? The guys is giving his opinion on two scrubs that won't see the light of day come Sunday. That doesn't make the information bad. McElroy sucks. We all know that.

Agree. I totally disagree on the Pace comment, but it's still good info. 

I have to say, that IS disturbing. This defense needs to get faster. Starting Pace would not accomplish that. Ryan needs his binkies and security blankets.

I saw that KRL wrote that and glossed over it.  

In Ryan's press conference after the practice he actually cited Pace by name as one of the defensive stand-outs. 

Yea it was good but Jetcane and Tom Shane have also been excellent camp reporters for the site

Well then, I look forward to reading their reports! When will they be starting? I have been anxious for football to begin. KRL's report was the perfect remedy. Look forward to anyone posting quality insight from Jets camp

I couldn't bring myself to do it. I love you Max for so many reasons but your camp report, needs serious stepping up.

Not sure I am following what is going on here exactly, the thread title is confusing me.

As far as what I wrote today here about camp so far (http://www.jetnation.com/2013/07/25/jets-camp-notes-0725/ and :http://www.jetnation.com/2013/07/26/jets-camp-notes-0726/) those are basically notes\recaps from camp.  We weren't allowed to cover it, the Jets denied our request again.  Technically the Jets denied YES Network who asked us to cover camp on their behalf.

So all we can do is go by what others right.  There is no way we can justify having someone there first hand and paying travel \ hotel etc when they would have to sit in the stands.  We wanted to have someone there throughout camp and provide free reports but again, the Jets said no.

We did cover Jets West though.  :)

Sorry to the Mods for posting the for posting the sites name in the thread Bad etiquette on my part. I forget that people invest great time and effort making these sites available to us. Won't happen again. Just so you know I have posted your message board link on that other site, inviting other Jet fans to come and check this place out.

Not sure I am following what is going on here exactly, the thread title is confusing me.

As far as what I wrote today here about camp so far (http://www.jetnation.com/2013/07/25/jets-camp-notes-0725/ and :http://www.jetnation.com/2013/07/26/jets-camp-notes-0726/) those are basically notes\recaps from camp. We weren't allowed to cover it, the Jets denied our request again. Technically the Jets denied YES Network who asked us to cover camp on their behalf.

So all we can do is go by what others right. There is no way we can justify having someone there first hand and paying travel \ hotel etc when they would have to sit in the stands. We wanted to have someone there throughout camp and provide free reports but again, the Jets said no.

We did cover Jets West though. :)

I did enjoy the JW coverage

But, Cortland is a 4 hour drive... Maybe a fan traveling for fun could just give his or her own recap? I think that is what KRL is doing?

Can we stress enough that today's practice wasnt in pads?

There are really zero takeaways from a non padded football practice.

Good point.  Really good point.  If the defense can't hit people, then the offense has an advantage.

I did enjoy the JW coverage

But, Cortland is a 4 hour drive... Maybe a fan traveling for fun could just give his or her own recap? I think that is what KRL is doing?

Totally agree.  I just personally have zero connections up there.  Would love to have a fan recap practice every day.  When it was at Hofstra that is what we did most days.  Same when it is at Florham Park, we always have someone there.  Just don't know anyone up at SUNY that can cover it regularly but I am definitely open to suggestions.

And we can get crazy exposure for anyone that wanted to help out.  Thanks.

As far as what I wrote today here about camp so far (http://www.jetnation.com/2013/07/25/jets-camp-notes-0725/ and :http://www.jetnation.com/2013/07/26/jets-camp-notes-0726/) those are basically notes\recaps from camp.  We weren't allowed to cover it, the Jets denied our request again.  Technically the Jets denied YES Network who asked us to cover camp on their behalf.

So all we can do is go by what others right.  There is no way we can justify having someone there first hand and paying travel \ hotel etc when they would have to sit in the stands.  We wanted to have someone there throughout camp and provide free reports but again, the Jets said no.

KRL is just a fan who goes to Cortland every year and gives his fellow Jets fans an update. He does not work for that other site. Sorry forposting the link in the thread. Won't happen again..... Boozer

Sorry to the Mods for posting the for posting the sites name in the thread Bad etiquette on my part. I forget that people invest great time and effort making these sites available to us. Won't happen again. Just so you know I have posted your message board link on that other site, inviting other Jet fans to come and check this place out.

So in the title you say that they wouldn't allow JN in their title, and now you say you put the address? Joined in April with 23 posts? Sean is losing posters like SAR? u Trolling?

Expect to be banned soon

Jetcane was the best.  I miss him this time of year 

Yes, his reports were great.

And I totally agree with the premise of this thread.  The main stream reports flat out suck.  Sometimes I don't even know what they are watching, they have so many agendas that get in the way.  A lot of what happens gets misrepresented.

I agree, that one has to consider that there were no pads, but I think that saying there are zero takeaways is overstating things just a mite.  For instance, the fact that Gates was the offensive MVP and made some good catches.  The fact that Hill made a nice adjustment on a long pass and actually caught the ball.  The fact that neither Geno nor Mark threw a pick.  The fact that Coples stayed step for step with Geno.  Hitting may have changed those things, but not necessarily.

Totally agree. I just personally have zero connections up there. Would love to have a fan recap practice every day. When it was at Hofstra that is what we did most days. Same when it is at Florham Park, we always have someone there. Just don't know anyone up at SUNY that can cover it regularly but I am definitely open to suggestions.

And we can get crazy exposure for anyone that wanted to help out. Thanks.

Hit me up next year. My inlaws are 30 min away fr there and if I wasn't getting married this year I would take the vacation.

I just put ji back in the thread title.  We are over all that old stuff.

The link is in the first post for anyone that wants to check it out.  We definitely don't play those games here, our role is to make sure any good Jets content gets noticed so fans have the info.  And that is definitely a really good camp report.

Thanks for posting it.

It's the first day of Jets camp after a sucky NY Basketball, Hockey and so far Baseball season. Jets football is what I wait 7 months for. I eat it up. I could care less if their

in a ballet outfit. Football has begun.

So in the title you say that they wouldn't allow JN in their title, and now you say you put the address? Joined in April with 23 posts? Sean is losing posters like SAR? u Trolling?

The Jet Nation administrator modified my thread title(I assume). It originally had that other site listed but it was changedafter I posted it. 

Archived