Big Papi roid rage

Matt39

Good for the ump. Nobody should be calling time when the pitcher is in his windup. The stepping out is exactly why MLB games take over 3 hours. Love how the same media scolds who want to hang Rodriguez from the nearest lamppost are putting a smiley face on this roid raging.They are the same.

He got close to killing Pedroia which would have been fantastic immediately after extending him. Carl's right though this is totally the umpire and phone's fault. The second and third strikes where BS. First bad call in the history of baseball and hopefully the last now that Big Papi stood up for justice. I love Carl's borderline psychosis when talking about his favorite players/teams.

He got close to killing Pedroia which would have been fantastic immediately after extending him. Carl's right though this is totally the umpire and phone's fault. The second and third strikes where BS. First bad call in the history of baseball and hopefully the last now that Big Papi stood up for justice. I love Carl's borderline psychosis when talking about his favorite players/teams.

Oh shaddup. Papi had a meltdown. So what? No one cares except the Yankees fans here because they have nothing going on for them in fourth place. Get over it.

Why is this roid rage? That makes no sense.

Also, it was ball four. Umpires need to get over themselves.

Attacking objects with a bat generally signal some sort of anger issues. Plus with Papi being a confirmed user, I figured the title fit.

Good for the ump. Nobody should be calling time when the pitcher is in his windup. The stepping out is exactly why MLB games take over 3 hours. Love how the same media scolds who want to hang Rodriguez from the nearest lamppost are putting a smiley face on this roid raging.They are the same.

You are missing the forest for the trees.

I do not disagree with your point. 

The only thing the ump blew on that play was the call and it was not even close.

Steroids obviously 

Actually, it does not mean exactly that. 

FWIW he addmitted to being careless with supplements in 2003. 

He denied injecting steroids/anabolic steroids.

A lot of stuff can be lumped into the PED category.  It does not mean he injected himself with steroids.

Actually, it does not mean exactly that.

FWIW he addmitted to being careless with supplements in 2003.

He denied injecting steroids/anabolic steroids.

A lot of stuff can be lumped into the PED category. It does not mean he injected himself with steroids.

That's fine. I was just joking with he title...but of course Papi was taking something just like 85% of the MLB back then.

Hell- Ortiz looks like he's lost 40lbs at least since the mid 2000's

That's just dead wrong. I would like to see proof on that claim.

Were you hibernating from 2008 to 2010? Ortiz's positive test is old news.

And unlike A-Rod, who admitted using, he came up with a lame excuse. 

I lost a lot of respect for him over that. These were the pre-2004 tests and the names were supposed to be secret but a few players leaked, including A-Rod, Manny and Ortiz. A-Rod admitted using, Ortiz claimed he took funky supplements or someone spiked his milkshake in DR during winter ball.

Were you hibernating from 2008 to 2010? Ortiz's positive test is old news.

And unlike A-Rod, who admitted using, he came up with a lame excuse.

I lost a lot of respect for him over that. These were the pre-2004 tests and the names were supposed to be secret but a few players leaked, including A-Rod, Manny and Ortiz. A-Rod admitted using, Ortiz claimed he took funky supplements or someone spiked his milkshake in DR during winter ball.

The Dominican players wereall encouraged to take them....literally all Domincan MLB players were taking roids in the mid 2000's. It was just engrained in the culture at that point in time.

That's fine. I was just joking with he title...but of course Papi was taking something just like 85% of the MLB back then.

Hell- Ortiz looks like he's lost 40lbs at least since the mid 2000's

I thought it was funny.  Probably on the CC No Captain Crunch diet.  :)

Really? 

Really.  Again, not all PEDs are steroids.  HGH, Epherdrine and others are not steroids while they are classified as PEDs.

He admitted to being careless.  That is an admission.  Since that 'alleged' positive, he has passed all MLB tests and two WBC Olympic type tests.  While Man-Ram and A-Roid have not been as clean.

I thought it was funny.  Probably on the CC No Captain Crunch diet.  :)

Really.  Again, not all PEDs are steroids.  HGH, Epherdrine and others are not steroids while they are classified as PEDs.

He admitted to being careless.  That is an admission.  Since that 'alleged' positive, he has passed all MLB tests and two WBC Olympic type tests.  While Man-Ram and A-Roid have not been as clean.

Ah, I see, Papi cheated but he didn't cheat cheat. Gotcha. 

And... to be fair, A-Rod hasn't tested positive since '03 either and we all know how that's working out. 

Ah, I see, Papi cheated but he didn't cheat cheat. Gotcha.

And... to be fair, A-Rod hasn't tested positive since '03 either and we all know how that's working out.

Papi tested positive for something, but they never told him what and when they did that testing whatever he popped for wasn't technically against the rules at that point. And, his name should have never been released in the first place.

The way A-Rod handled his situation made him the villain.

Papi tested positive for something, but they never told him what and when they did that testing whatever he popped for wasn't technically against the rules at that point. And, his name should have never been released in the first place.

The way A-Rod handled his situation made him the villain.

He admitted that he did it.  Papi made up some bullsh*t about drinking a milkshake. 

Your homerism is pathetic. 

I love Carl's borderline psychosis when talking about his favorite players/teams.

There's nothing borderline about it. We're talking about the guy who once called Tim Wakefield "the best sub-.500 pitcher in baseball."

Yeah, and then in 2009, when his positive test was revealed, he admitted to using; unlike Papi, who denied and denied and then got caught and make up some lame story about someone spiking his milkshake with testosterone. 

I hate A-Rod and you're making me defend him. If A-Rod flipped out and destroyed a phone with a bat and almost killed Brett Gardner like Papi did with Pedroia, the media would be having a field day with him and you know it. They like Papi and he plays for the Red Sox so they're giving him a pass. 

Archived