Confess your unpopular opinions here

T0mShane

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Darrelle Revis is the best football player the Jets have ever had, regardless of position.  

(Doesn't change that they did the right thing in April because cap dollars can't be spent without regard for the position)

Comes in fifth in my book

We should have a ban day, like in "the Purge".

Everybody gets to ban one poster for two days.

Like a real life posting Mafia game.

Can't ban someone once you're banned.

Speaking of ban powers, Jetnation has gotten this whole ban thing backwards. You should be banned for being boring, bland. Personal attacks are interesting and when done creatively are hilarious.There are a couple of posters who have styled themselves after and deluded themselves into believing they are as smart or entertaining as these 2 were but Aten and Jetophile remain tops.

Speaking of ban powers, Jetnation has gotten this whole ban thing backwards. You should be banned for being boring, bland. Personal attacks are interesting and when done creatively are hilarious.There are a couple of posters who have styled themselves after and deluded themselves into believing they are as smart or entertaining as these 2 were but Aten and Jetophile remain tops.

Yeah, I miss Jetophile.  Whatever happened to her?

Truth is we all pick on each other all the time and most of us laugh it off.  Once in awhile people crack a rare fat joke at my expense.  I have never banned anyone for that, I ate a guy once but I was hungry.  It's when the attacks become mean spirited and then people retaliate and end up getting upset and leave the board. 

Getting married before 40 is almost the worst mistake ever. 

Having kids is the worst mistake ever. 

David Bowie is one of the most overrated musicians in rock n roll history. 

Jim Morrison is the most. 

The only character George Clooney can play, is George Clooney. 

Clockwork orange is a waste of two hours; a pretentious satire that tries too hard to be artsy. 

Waterworld on the other hand, now that's art.

I hate Phil Mickelson. 

Oh and the Jets actually bring people joy.

I think Crusher needs to stop being a plus sized bitch and learn that power is there to abuse. I should be a Mod so I could ban anyone who disagrees with me or points out my grammatical errors.

"plus" and "sized" should have a hyphen between them. 

It's "plus-sized bitch"... Now, if I enter a comma after the adjective I am calling you a name.

It's "plus-sized, bitch".  

I think Crusher needs to stop being a plus sized bitch and learn that power is there to abuse. I should be a Mod so I could ban anyone who disagrees with me or points out my grammatical errors.

don't lie. you want the power for the women.

I agree, but as a QB he is overrated.

For a 6 year period (67-72), while he could still walk, he was the best QB in football by a long shot during a time when the rules and the playing conditions were not catered to the passing game and QBs were their own offensive coordinators.

Namath is one of those players whose career just can't be judged by looking at statistics and comparing him against today's QB's.

Was he the best ever? No. His productivity was cut short by injuries and he hung on way too long, which really had a detrimental effect on his career statistics.

But in his prime, he is arguably a Top 10 QB of all-time and is spoken about glowingly in that context by some of the great figures in the history of professional football (i.e. Vince Lombardi, John Madden, Al Davis, Bill Walsh, Sid Gillman, Don Shula, etc...). He also revolutionized the position changing it forever, and inspired a whole generation of players that followed him (i.e. Montana, Kelly, Marino, Fouts, etc...), not to mention the effect he had on the evolution of the league.

He was both a great player AND a great figure in the history of the game.

Unfortunately, he's really someone you had to see play to appreciate his talent.

Bill Parcels was the worst thing to ever happen to the New York Jets in their History!

Mark Sanchez's ButtFumble is the 2nd dumbest play in NYJ's History, and it's not even close (Some play in the mid 80's against Cleveland)!

Fantasy Football will be the down fall of the NFL!

The RedZone Channel is bad for business, the blackout rule will need to be lifted because of it (this is an extension of previous opinion)!

Bill Belicheck is NOTHING without Tom Brady!

Tony Dungy is the worst NFL coach to ever win a SB (yes even worse than Barry Switzer)!

Ray Lewis, and Ed Reed were the best defensive coordinators in the NFL!

Archived