WR Ryan Spadola ~ ~ ~

kelly

As we all know, one guy who has made a big mark on the Jets’ scene this training camp is Ryan Spadola. The young man is working hard, so hard that even though he was not drafted, he has spent time on the field with the first offensive unit. He is getting used a lot on special teams as well, which is a great sign pointing towards him making the team.

Ryan was nice enough to sit down after Friday night’s game for a brief 5 question interview about his experience so far:

THE JET PRESS:So how did your first professional football game feel? Was it what you expected?

RYAN SPADOLA:Playing in my first NFL game was very exciting. To dream for so many years to have that opportunity and then finally do it was indescribable. Stepping onto the field and playing with some of the best in the game was everything I thought it would be, fun and intense.

TJP:You have been having such a good camp that you got in with the ones during the game, catching a pass from Sanchez early. How does it feel to be getting that kind of recognition so quickly?

RS:I was fortunate to be able to get out in the game early and receive a pass from Mark. Every opportunity I get whether it be in a game or practice I just try and make the best of it. I have been fortunate to make some plays here and there but that’s nothing to be satisfied about. I know there is still a lot of work ahead of me and I’m ready for it.

TJP:Talk about your experience so far. What did you expect to be the biggest difference between college and the pros, and what actually has been the biggest difference?

RS:The biggest thing I noticed in terms of the difference between college and the NFL is the physical play of the players. Like expected, at this level everyone is extremely athletic and can make plays anywhere on the field.

TJP:How has working with Marty Mornhinweg been for you?

RS:Working with Coach Mornhinweg has been a great experience, his knowledge and overall understanding of the game is really going to help this offense become what it can be.

TJP:Finally, as a guy that gets on the field with all of the quarterbacks, how are they similar, and in what ways are they different?

RS:Each QB is unique in their own way and each have a special set of talents. All of them have great arms and know how to run an offense.

Thanks to Ryan Spadola for taking a few minutes to answer our questions. We will all have a good time watching his development as the weeks go by.

> http://thejetpress.com/2013/08/13/new-york-jets-interview-with-rookie-wr-ryan-spadola/

Could be the outside WR on the team until Holmes returns. Hill still is inconsistent, Braylon is finished, and Kerley is a slot receiver. I'll believe Gates is something when he contribues consistently in an NFL Regular Season.

Kid's gonna make the team as the #4 or 5 WR, play a lot of specials, and have plenty of opportunities to contribute on offense with all the health concerns ahead of him on the depth chart. In a season that could be pretty painful win/loss-wise, Spadola could emerge as a nice little bright spot on this team.

Could be the outside WR on the team until Holmes returns. Hill still is inconsistent, Braylon is finished, and Kerley is a slot receiver. I'll believe Gates is something when he contribues consistently in an NFL Regular Season.

You don't believe in Gates, but you believe in Spadola?  They both have potential and this team could use both to contribute.  There are plenty of  openings to be grabbed, particularly on offense. 

Archived