Jerry Remy's son arrested for MURDER

Blackout

http://espn.go.com/boston/mlb/story/_/id/9573218/jerry-remy-son-faces-murder-charge

WALTHAM, Mass. -- The son of longtime Boston Red Sox broadcaster Jerry Remy pleaded not guilty Friday to fatally stabbing his girlfriend a day after he was released from custody for allegedly assaulting her.

Jared Remy was arraigned in Waltham District Court on charges of murder and domestic assault and battery in the Thursday night killing of Jennifer Martel, 27.

Police officers responding to several 911 calls went to a Waltham apartment complex at about 10 p.m. Thursday and found Martel on an outside patio with multiple stab wounds, Middlesex District Attorney Marian Ryan said.

In court, prosecutors described a brutal and determined attack, saying Remy assaulted Martel in the kitchen, living room, on a stairway and then pinned her to the ground in the patio where he stabbed her several times. Neighbors who tried to help Martel were driven back when Remy slashed at them, Middlesex Assistant District Attorney Lisa McGovern told a judge.

Remy, 34, was arrested at the scene, his clothes soaked in the victim's blood.

On Wednesday, Remy had been released on personal recognizance in an open assault and battery case in which Martel was the alleged victim, Ryan said. The there was no active restraining order against him, she said.

Remy has a violent criminal history, including a total of 15 criminal charges since 1998, according to Waltham court records. He has been accused of assaulting five people -- including four women -- and was involved in at least three restraining orders, including one in which he was the plaintiff.

Remy was ordered held without bail. His attorney did not immediately return a call for comment.

Martel's 4-year-old child in the apartment was unhurt and is now in the custody of state child welfare officials. It was unclear if Remy was the father, Ryan said.

Jerry Remy is a former Red Sox second baseman who has been a color analyst on team broadcasts on the New England Sports Network since 1988. He has struggled with health problems in recent years.

Jared Remy is a former Red Sox security staffer who was fired by the team in 2008 during a steroid investigation.

The Red Sox did not immediately return a call for comment, but NESN released a two-sentence statement lamenting the tragedy.

"All of us at NESN and the Red Sox, along with Jerry Remy, are filled with grief for everyone involved, and we extend our deepest sympathies to the family of Jennifer Martel," the statement read.

Dennis Eckersley will fill in for Remy as the color analyst for NESN Red Sox game broadcasts starting tonight and through at least the team's upcoming West Coast trip (Aug. 19-25), the network announced.

What is going on up there man?  Crazy stuff.

Max, did you notice this Blackout guy is the first to let Jetnation know about murderers in sports?  First Hernandez and now Remy's son...I think this kid deserves a spot on the Jetnation writer staff :D;)  

What is going on up there man?  Crazy stuff.

Its sad.  Waltham has some nice areas, some middle class and some real sh!t poor....  this scumbag lived in a nicer part of town, probably on daddies dime...  when i heard of the stabbing thursday night, in that area, i was surprised. I would expect that in the crappier areas.  But crazy people do crazy things.  And he was so big they couldnt fit him in a police car!  Just crazy.

If he does, he'll be ejected. Which I don't want because he's awful this season.

Dempster only did what someone should have done game one of A-Rod's return.

Dont care if he's ejected...gotta retaliate. Dempster what a pussy...shocked Carl is defending bitch behavior...but thats what the Sox have always been,

Yanks are rallying around Arod...love it. 

Dont care if he's ejected...gotta retaliate. Dempster what a pussy...shocked Carl is defending bitch behavior...but thats what the Sox have always been,

Yanks are rallying around Arod...love it.

Haha. I'm not defending anything. I think it was fine if he got him with the first. The fourth pitch was a bit much. Don't act like he doesn't deserve it.

CC won't retaliate because the Yankees need this game badly.

Haha. I'm not defending anything. I think it was fine if he got him with the first. The fourth pitch was a bit much. Don't act like he doesn't deserve it.

CC won't retaliate because the Yankees need this game badly.

Considering everyone in baseball has used PED's including current Red Sox, Dempster just looks like a clown. Hypocrites

Doesn't seem that way on twitter. Most people approve of it.

Which current Red Sox are known PED users?

My twitter exact opposite.

Ortiz obviously...everyone knows besides you for whatever reason. He's just magically dropped 40lbs over the past 7 years.

Considering everyone in baseball has used PED's including current Red Sox, Dempster just looks like a clown. Hypocrites

Carl would support Joseph Goebbels if he was on the Sox, Penguins or Notre Dame. I have no doubt in my mind if Arod wss on Boston he would be calling this a witch hunt. This is the guy who gets upset when you suggest Ortiz took steroids.

Carl would support Joseph Goebbels if he was on the Sox, Penguins or Notre Dame. I have no doubt in my mind if Arod wss on Boston he would be calling this a witch hunt. This is the guy who gets upset when you suggest Ortiz took steroids.

RBI Arod. Guys like Carl make me root for Arod. 

I don't get upset, I just ask you to prove it. But you can't.

Also, is it hard to breath with your head so far up my rectum?

See. You keep saying Ortiz but you can't prove he was on PEDs.

Ortiz failed a test in 2003 and the guy who was just arrested for killing his gf was involved with the team as their dealer.

In 2009, the Globe reported that Remy and a second member of the Red Sox security staff were implicated in steroid use, a disclosure that led Major League Baseball to open an investigation into the alleged use of performance-enhancing drugs during the team’s 2008 pennant race.

Ortiz failed a test in 2003 and the guy who was just arrested for killing his gf was involved with the team as their dealer.

Failed a test for what?

And how you tie that all together is laughable.

Lets not act that you and all other Yankees fans and the Yankees themselves wouldn't love to have A-Rod and his contract gone tomorrow.

Failed a test for what?

And how you tie that all together is laughable.

Lets not act that you and all other Yankees fans and the Yankees themselves wouldn't love to have A-Rod and his contract gone tomorrow.

Failed a test associated with PED use. As did Manny. The majority of MLB players have used steroids....plenty of Yankees plenty of Red Sox...all use(d). 

Im happy Arod is playing because he's shoving it up Yankees ownerships collective asses along with Bud Seligs. Most Yankee fans seem to be rooting for Arod. Fans root for the players on their favorite teams. Sox fans rooted for Manny. They still root for Ortiz. 

Archived