•  

Welcome to JetNation.com

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to JetNation.com, your home for New York Jets talk. We are an independent site, which means we aren't affiliated with the NY Jets or SNY. The opinions here are never censored. We want you to join in on the conversation, but don't worry this is a simple and FREE process. Be apart of JetNation.com by signing in or creating an account. When you create an account, you can also opt to use your existing Facebook or Twitter login.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
Also be sure to check us out on Facebook and Twitter.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Quinton Coples Out 3-4 Weeks!

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 BurnleyJet

BurnleyJet

Fan for 30 years (You get less for Murder these days!)

• Members
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 02:14 AM

Quinton Coples Cimini ‏@RichCimini
Filed to ESPN: Quinton Coples has a hairline fracture in ankle, out 3-4 weeks, no surgery required. #Jets

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
Quinton Coples has a hairline fracture of his ankle. He will undergo a 3-4 week rehab. No surgery, I'm told #nyj

Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
Quinton Coples has a hairline fracture in his ankle. Our 3-4 weeks, per source #NYJ

Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
This means the #Jets, whose defense stunk tonight, will likely be without Coples for the season opener vs. the Bucs.

#2 SenorGato

SenorGato

Schottenhomer

• Members
  • 20,536 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 02:22 AM

Boooo

We sick an' tired of-a your ism-skism game. Dyin' 'n' goin' to heaven in-a Jesus' name, Lord. We know when we understand:

Almighty God is a living man. - Bob Marley "Get up Stand up"

#3 Greenseed4

Greenseed4

Eskimo Brother

• Members
  • 4,066 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 02:30 AM

As much as any injury sucks, particularly at this time of year, we have players waiting in the wings at OLB. I wouldn't hate to see what Barnes, Sapp and McIntyre can do with their opportunities.

#4 JetNation

JetNation

Transition Player

• Members
  • 5,955 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 02:51 AM

Quinton Coples left the game on Saturday against the Jaguars with an undisclosed leg injury.  Several sources are now reporting that this is a hairline fracture and he will be out for a few weeks.  The good news according to these reports is that no surgery is required.

You can visit our forums for additional information on Quinton Coples.

#5 Sperm Edwards

Sperm Edwards

Penis

• Moderators
  • 28,738 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 05:31 AM

How long before Mehta Idzik for this one?

Anticipated angle: if Idzik took a TE instead of Richardson, then Coples could have been moved inside to his natural position, and he wouldn't have broken his leg.

JetNation.com

#6 Larz

Larz

High priest of Syrinx

• Members
  • 18,379 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 08:32 AM

sux.  oh well

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

#7 JiF

JiF

Say yer prayers Varmint!

• Members
  • 38,356 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between Heaven and Hell

Posted 18 August 2013 - 09:11 AM

Damn! At least its only a couple of weeks but Q needs those reps. He was caught out of position a couples times and got flushed out on some runs. He's needs more looks on the outside before he can start reading plays better. Looks like he be thinking too much right now.

Edited by JiF, 18 August 2013 - 09:54 AM.

Posted Image

#8 pointman

pointman

sandwiches are good.

• Members
  • 6,580 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 09:51 AM

Our entire defense didn't look so stellar at the start of the game.. Coples looked slow.

#9 joewilly12

joewilly12

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 3,469 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 10:04 AM

Michael Boley and Brian Urlacher are free agents. This defense needs some type of spark. Coples out isn't good.

#10 SayNoToDMC

SayNoToDMC

In search of terminally ill online girlfriend

• Members
  • 6,735 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 10:14 AM

****, now we're probably going to have to play in the wild card round

Edited by SayNoToDMC, 18 August 2013 - 10:14 AM.

28ad228d-4df6-4b64-b890-b5246112bd82.jpg

#11 flgreen

flgreen

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 17,187 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 07:16 PM

Quinton Coples Out Indefinitely After Ankle Injury

Posted 51 minutes ago

By Jets Media Relations Department 

Linebacker Quinton Coples suffered an injured right ankle Saturday night in the Jets' 37-13 win over Jacksonville at MetLife Stadium. Coples will undergo a medical procedure on Tuesday. He will miss the remainder of the preseason and is out indefinitely.

#12 dbatesman

dbatesman

Failgoat 2.0

• Members
  • 8,851 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 07:17 PM

Posted 51 minutes ago

Linebacker Quinton Coples suffered an injured right ankle Saturday night in the Jets' 37-13 win over Jacksonville at MetLife Stadium. Coples will undergo a medical procedure on Tuesday. He will miss the remainder of the preseason and is out indefinitely.

Awesome

This is like having a cat with leukemia.

#13 bitonti

bitonti

Draft Bathroom Attendant

• Members
  • 15,139 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 07:18 PM

to be clear the 3-4 week prognosis assumed he wouldn't need surgery. With a surgery it could be PUP or the whole season. 

My posts have to get worse, so they can get better.

#14 JiF

JiF

Say yer prayers Varmint!

• Members
  • 38,356 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between Heaven and Hell

Posted 18 August 2013 - 07:21 PM

Posted 51 minutes ago

sh*tty news.  Really sh*tty news.

One of the few things to look forward to this season was the growth and development of these youngsters on D. 

Hopefully he's not out for the season. 

Posted Image

#15 joewilly12

joewilly12

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 3,469 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 08:14 PM

Hello Bart Scott...................

#16 bitonti

bitonti

Draft Bathroom Attendant

• Members
  • 15,139 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 08:37 PM

i dont want to disparage Quinton Coples cause he is an awesome player and this is a terrible loss. but there was at least one play last night when the DL beasted and it was Douzable 78 not Coples 98. 

If there's one spot on this team that has any depth, it's the DL. I'm not counting Coples as a linebacker. Cause he's 280. 

My posts have to get worse, so they can get better.

#17 TnT

TnT

Patty Cake Champion

• Members
  • 978 posts
  • LocationMiami

Posted 18 August 2013 - 10:33 PM

8'(

#18 T0mShane

T0mShane

When it's over, that's the time I fall in love againlolo

• Members
  • 28,127 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 10:37 PM

The "medical procedure" for a fractured ankle is plate and screws, no?
Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

#19 dbatesman

dbatesman

Failgoat 2.0

• Members
  • 8,851 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 10:50 PM

The "medical procedure" for a fractured ankle is plate and screws, no?

Yeah, I think we should be prepared not to see him at all this year, which is great, because he's one of like 6 players on the roster actually worth watching. Oh, how I missed the taste of bile on the back of my tongue. Welcome back, Jets!

This is like having a cat with leukemia.

#20 T0mShane

T0mShane

When it's over, that's the time I fall in love againlolo

• Members
  • 28,127 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 10:56 PM

Yeah, I think we should be prepared not to see him at all this year, which is great, because he's one of like 6 players on the roster actually worth watching. Oh, how I missed the taste of bile on the back of my tongue. Welcome back, Jets!

WHY YOU
HAVE NO FAITH IN
REX?
Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

#21 redman81

redman81

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 710 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 11:30 PM

If it's only a hairline fracture then it should be fine after 4 weeks. The chance of missing the season from some weird complication is extremely unlikely.

#22 jetsjetsjetss

jetsjetsjetss

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 2,666 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 11:50 PM

If it's only a hairline fracture then it should be fine after 4 weeks. The chance of missing the season from some weird complication is extremely unlikely.

that was without surgery

#23 redman81

redman81

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 710 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 11:54 PM

that was without surgery

Like I said unless there's any unforseen complication. Hairline fractures generally don't involve surgeries.

#24 Kleckineau

Kleckineau

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 3,437 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 05:20 AM

Well there's Rex's excuse for when teams average 180 on the ground on his special "D".

I cant wait for Idzik to dump this clown car chauffeur.

"20 years ago, we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Jobs. Now we have no Cash, no Hope and no Jobs. Please don’t let Kevin Bacon die.” Bill Murray

#25 flgreen

flgreen

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 17,187 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 08:15 AM

Quinton Coples injures ankle

Updated: August 18, 2013, 9:17 PM ET

By  Jane McManus | ESPNNewYork.com

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- New York Jets outside linebacker Quinton Coples could miss three to four weeks with a hairline fracture of his ankle, a league source told ESPNNewYork.com on Saturday.

On Sunday night, a Jets spokesperson confirmed that Coples injured his right ankle and will undergo a "medical procedure" on Tuesday. Coples will be out for the rest of the preseason and could miss more time.

Coples rushed Jacksonville quarterback Chad Henne with roughly five minutes left in the second quarter Saturday night, blocked a pass and appeared to fall awkwardly. He spent some time with the Jets trainers on the sidelines walking in front of the benches before heading to the locker room. He eventually left MetLife Stadium in a golf cart.

Coples had at times been struggling to set the edge after being converted from a defensive end to OLB this season. The Jets were looking for the 6-foot-6, 290-pound Coples to play a bigger and more versatile role in the defense this year, his second, after being drafted with the 16th overall pick in 2012.

Jets coach Rex Ryan has praised Coples, but he's also expressed frustration at times.

If Coples does miss time during the regular season due to the fracture, Antwan Barnes is second on the depth chart.

Information from ESPNNewYork.com's Rich Cimini was used in this report.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users