Matt Simms: MERGED

CobraVerde

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If this were an actual competition, with no hidden agendas by the GM and HC, Sims is the winner.  Mex's arm is probably going to fall off before Week-1.  Geno is an abortion.  And McElroy is Noodle Arm II.  Why not play Sims?  Let the insanity flow like wine at a bacchanalian orgy.

If this were an actual competition, with no hidden agendas by the GM and HC, Sims is the winner.  Mex's arm is probably going to fall off before Week-1.  Geno is an abortion.  And McElroy is Noodle Arm II.  Why not play Sims?  Let the insanity flow like wine at a bacchanalian orgy.

OMG...what the hell wrong with us??!!!! I swear Moulder and Scully are gonna show up at some point...

Lightly regarded college QB, son of an NFL great, goes to team with QB troubles and gets starting job.

Why is this so impossible to grasp?

A lot of athletes blossom in their early twenties, become more than anyone thought they would be.

lol.. sooo awesome. Geno is an abortion. Love it.

I can get behind Simms.  (#nohomo).  But perhaps we should see him tear up the 2s and 3s before proclaiming him the second coming of Phil going against 4th stringers. 

Well, Sanchez is hurt.. McElroy is hurt and has Pennington arm.. and Geno is utter garbage... so...

I would agree that we should keep Simms. Probably not start him because of good performances against 3rd and 4th stringes. He does have an arm though. I would actually be OK with Geno, McElroy and Simms as QBs and let Sanchez go find personal fufillment somehwere else.

I don't think anyone is saying Simms will be great - but he has certainly earned getting a look against higher competition to see if he can do it.

It would be foolish for us not to take him seriously. He is the only one not throwing INTs, not getting sacked, and not making terrible decisions. Worse thing hes done is be off the mark on a few throws. But even then, its been in space and not to the fatties on the other team.

I would agree that we should keep Simms. Probably not start him because of good performances against 3rd and 4th stringes. He does have an arm though. I would actually be OK with Geno, McElroy and Simms as QBs and let Sanchez go find personal fufillment somehwere else.

We are paying Sanchez regardless, and since we don't have anything concrete we should hold onto him. Don't get me wrong, I would cheer if we cut him, but still. McElroy can go now. I wanted to see him get reps, but I am excited by simms.

I mean he had the best pass off the game ... Can we give the kid that? Beggers can't be choosers. Give the kid a shot he's all we have.

EXACTLY!!! He made some really nice throws, with incredible velocity. Having a QB who can throw the ball would be great. Sanchez/Geno/McElroy make me miss Favre.. and Favre is a cockgoblin that I couldn't care less about.

Archived