Matt Simms: MERGED

CobraVerde

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Recall there was in fact a time when Kurt Warner was bagging groceries instead of HoFer KURT WARNER. He got a chance because Trent Green got hurt. Not sure injured Sanchez or Smith is even as good as Trent Green but they are both right now hurt to varying degrees. .And that includes the chance to possibly fail. If a team as badly run as the Jets have been under Wrecks cannot give Simms a shot in a season almost everyone believes is a throwaway one anyway, tough tithes on them. And in that case I hope someone signs Simms away and does give him the shot he's earned here. "Open competition" doesn't mean anything to these people. One more black eye for this franchise.

The point is that right now Matt Simms is not Kurt Warner circa 2000. Maybe some day he will be, but he's not now, so his hypothetical is asinine.

The point is that right now Matt Simms is not Kurt Warner circa 2000. Maybe some day he will be, but he's not now, so his hypothetical is asinine.

You can't say that, you have NOTHING that proves this, just like Bugg can't say the Jets are screwing this up were throwing away K Warner, he has NOTHING that proves this, it works both ways, there is no point in repeatedly fighting this acting like you have actual DATA to back up your argument, but they won't acknowledge it, that is frustrating I get that, but here your both not wrong, and both wrong.  Now if were talking about M Sanchez,  guys can pull data to explain why a guy like M Sanchez should. or shouldn't start.

You can't say that, you have NOTHING that proves this, just like Bugg can't say the Jets are screwing this up were throwing away K Warner, he has NOTHING that proves this, it works both ways, there is no point in repeatedly fighting this acting like you have actual DATA to back up your argument, but they won't acknowledge it, that is frustrating I get that, but here your both not wrong, and both wrong.  Now if were talking about M Sanchez,  guys can pull data to explain why a guy like M Sanchez should. or shouldn't start.

warner was the back up after camp, which is why he got the call after the injury to the #1

simms has yet to take a snap with the 1's. which is why he won't get the call after the injury to the #1

simple

whats asinine is this statement.do you think the rams staff new kurt warner was going to be kurt warner?if that's the case why didn't they just bench trent green? you know why? because nobody knows the unknown. simms is an unknown who has shown something during the pre season. that is what we know about him. you need to re-think your points

Simms flat sucked this time last year.  Dude has made some mega improvement in the off season

He still sucks.

Matt Flynn had a better performance in a real game with real defensive schemes and he still sucks too.

One game does not a career make. Let alone the 4th preseason game.

Just an interesting bit of triva, at least to me, last year in pre season the Jets scored 1 TD and a total of 31 points.  This year they have scored 105 points. 

Think Rex's D is going to keep the Jets in a lott of games, and MM's O is going to score some points

He still sucks.

Matt Flynn had a better performance in a real game with real defensive schemes and he still sucks too.

in case you havnt figured it out yet,all of the jets qb's suck,so whats new. matt simms might very well suck in a real game,but he played well during the pre season and some find that intriguing.intriguing because sanchez and McElroy are injured and geno showed squat.we can always start brees or manning. oh waite,the jets don't have those guys

whats asinine is this statement.do you think the rams staff new kurt warner was going to be kurt warner?if that's the case why didn't they just bench trent green? you know why? because nobody knows the unknown. simms is an unknown who has shown something during the pre season. that is what we know about him. you need to re-think your points

ok phil. what part of the word "now" don't you understand?

You can't say that, you have NOTHING that proves this, just like Bugg can't say the Jets are screwing this up were throwing away K Warner, he has NOTHING that proves this, it works both ways, there is no point in repeatedly fighting this acting like you have actual DATA to back up your argument, but they won't acknowledge it, that is frustrating I get that, but here your both not wrong, and both wrong. Now if were talking about M Sanchez, guys can pull data to explain why a guy like M Sanchez should. or shouldn't start.

by 2000 Warner had already played in multiple regular season games. Simms has not done this, so I CAN definitively say he is not Kurt Warner right NOW.

in case you havnt figured it out yet,all of the jets qb's suck,so whats new. matt simms might very well suck in a real game,but he played well during the pre season and some find that intriguing.intriguing because sanchez and McElroy are injured and geno showed squat.we can always start brees or manning. oh waite,the jets don't have those guys

In case you didn't know, the coaches, the staff and the front office have seen every snap in training camp and never once thought about taking Mark or Geno out and giving 1st team reps to Simms. But, that doesn't matter because he looked good against Vinny Piscitelli and Muscles Marinara last night. Throwing 0TDs. I've never seen a zero TD performance hyped so much.

ok phil. what part of the word "now" don't you understand?

wow.you are right.i did miss read your "point". your response was even worse than I thought.you called his hypothetical asinine, but all you did was dance around his statement.ya.no sh*t simms is no circa 2000 kurt warner.the op was referring to the 1998 1999 when he was bagging groceries and became an nfl back up. your response made zero sense(could be why I misread)because if simms was ever in the same ball park as 2000 warner, this conversation would have never happened

warner was the back up after camp, which is why he got the call after the injury to the #1

simms has yet to take a snap with the 1's. which is why he won't get the call after the injury to the #1

simple

Not so simple, I have this little thing called DATA to unsimplify it for you, and make it Simple for me.

When Green tore his ACL in a preseason game, Warner took over as the Rams' starter. St. Louis coach Dick Vermeil famously stated in a press conference, "We'll rally around Kurt Warner and we will play good football" before even seeing Warner work with the Rams' starting offense.

I don't want to argue about this anymore.

I didn't like what I saw in geno and don't think he is close to being ready

I did like what I saw in simms and would like to see more

if they start geno, I will root for him as I would simms and I hope he does well

however, I wouldn't mind seeing what simms has to offer

I just think its not as crazy an idea as a lot of you think

the jets really have nothing to lose next week and not a lot of options

wow.you are right.i did miss read your "point". your response was even worse than I thought.you called his hypothetical asinine, but all you did was dance around his statement.ya.no sh*t simms is no circa 2000 kurt warner.the op was referring to the 1998 1999 when he was bagging groceries and became an nfl back up. your response made zero sense(could be why I misread)because if simms was ever in the same ball park as 2000 warner, this conversation would have never happened

by 2000, Warner had already played in regular season NFL games. also, where did I say Simms couldn't be a backup? further, he brought up Kurt Warner as if Kurt Warner walked into camp. If Simms had been performing like Kurt Warner in camp, somebody would have mentioned it. You're just mad at me, Phil, because I'm not jumping on the Matt's #1 bandwagon.

by 2000 Warner had already played in multiple regular season games. Simms has not done this, so I CAN definitively say he is not Kurt Warner right NOW.

Yes you are correct, but what you can't say is he isn't Kurt Warner circa preseason 1999, and that K Warner won the MVP, and Super Bowl, the 2000 version did neither, so I agree, and hope he is the 99 version not the 2000 version if he ever gets a chance to play with the 1st team in regular season games to give us the proper chance to truley evaluate what M Simms is RIGHT NOW!

In case you didn't know, the coaches, the staff and the front office have seen every snap in training camp and never once thought about taking Mark or Geno out and giving 1st team reps to Simms. But, that doesn't matter because he looked good against Vinny Piscitelli and Muscles Marinara last night. Throwing 0TDs. I've never seen a zero TD performance hyped so much.

I have, its called Super Bowl III

Yes you are correct, but what you can't say is he isn't Kurt Warner circa preseason 1999, and that K Warner won the MVP, and Super Bowl, the 2000 version did neither, so I agree, and hope he is the 99 version not the 2000 version if he ever gets a chance to play with the 1st team in regular season games to give us the proper chance to truley evaluate what M Simms is RIGHT NOW!

Fine. He could be Kurt Warner circa preseason 1999.

Not so simple, I have this little thing called DATA to unsimplify it for you, and make it Simple for me.

When Green tore his ACL in a preseason game, Warner took over as the Rams' starter. St. Louis coach Dick Vermeil famously stated in a press conference, "We'll rally around Kurt Warner and we will play good football" before even seeing Warner work with the Rams' starting offense.

dude, just give it up.  warner was the back up. simms is 4th string.  warner didn't vault from 4th string to starter. that just doesn't happen.

it just doesn't.

the warner analogy is invalid

He still sucks.

Thanks I appreciate that.  I thought Simms had a great game under pressure.

Thanks for straightening me out.

I missed the part where I said that made his career.  But still

I will not let this die

Unfortunately everyone else is trying to let it die, the Jets management, the media, most posters on here, and even Matt Simms has been mum, haven't heard a good damn thing about him since Friday, other than he was on the 53 man roster, and now he probably won't even dress, they will probably dress that ******* meat head loser B Quinn.

Unfortunately everyone else is trying to let it die, the Jets management, the media, most posters on here, and even Matt Simms has been mum, haven't heard a good damn thing about him since Friday, other than he was on the 53 man roster, and now he probably won't even dress, they will probably dress that ******* meat head loser B Quinn.

Why would you hear anything from Simms?  It's probably a shock to him that he was able to make the 53.

Archived