577 replies to this topic

#51 GATA

GATA

Gata Go to Mo's ...

• Members
  • 1,175 posts
  • Locationa city near you. :)

Posted 25 August 2013 - 12:25 AM

I imagine it's going to get a lot worse if all are qb's suck.

It already is worse theyre all bad to mediocre at best

#52 BurnleyJet

BurnleyJet

Fan for 30 years (You get less for Murder these days!)

• Members
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 12:27 AM

We arnt winning this year anyway, and what's with this Giants game and hurting our Q.B's, (Pennington) and now Sanchez. Clowney here we come...

#53 artemusclyde

artemusclyde

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 12:28 AM

I don't. I actually think it will get even funnier. Some of the best forum humor comes out when we are all trying to laugh through our blinding tears.

That is actually pretty true, but it will be depressing nonetheless. Right now we all have some hope that Geno or Simms is going to turn it around. It's going to suck if we start cheering for losses so we can get the 1st pick in the draft.

Sure there is. Picking twice in the first round, and taking a corner who couldn't wash two fours car, and then taking another D Lineman for the tenth year in a row.

It hurts.

It already is worse theyre all bad to mediocre at best

I refuse to give up hope on Geno. He's going to lead us to the playoffs and prove all the naysayers wrong.

Tom Brady can't pull tens like you do all day long.

#54 Sperm Edwards

Sperm Edwards

Penis

• Moderators
  • 27,742 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 12:29 AM

This is Brett Ratliff all over again.  Some of you really are embarrassing.

Then again, maybe this is Gus Frerotte all over again.

JetNation

2446sd4.jpg

#55 JoeKlecko

JoeKlecko

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 1,800 posts
  • LocationHigh Point, NC

Posted 25 August 2013 - 12:32 AM

Nothing is more depressing then picking first in the draft.

Seriously?  You need to get a life.

Rex Ryan, the bag lady of NFL HCs.

#56 artemusclyde

artemusclyde

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 12:33 AM

Seriously?  You need to get a life.

Engineering wears down on me.

#57 pointman

pointman

sandwiches are good.

• Members
  • 5,564 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 12:34 AM

That is actually pretty true, but it will be depressing nonetheless. Right now we all have some hope that Geno or Simms is going to turn it around. It's going to suck if we start cheering for losses so we can get the 1st pick in the draft.

I refuse to give up hope on Geno. He's going to lead us to the playoffs and prove all the naysayers wrong.

I will NEVER cheer for losses.

lol. You must be really young. But OK. Hope you're right.

#58 artemusclyde

artemusclyde

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 12:37 AM

If Teddy Bridgewater starts having a Luck like season, I bet you anything you'd be cheering for losses. Hell, I probably would be cheering for losses if we were crappy enough to be in for the running.

#59 pointman

pointman

sandwiches are good.

• Members
  • 5,564 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 12:38 AM

If Teddy Bridgewater starts having a Luck like season, I bet you anything you'd be cheering for losses. Hell, I probably would be cheering for losses if we were crappy enough to be in for the running.

Nope. No thanks. I don't believe the hype. And the reality is, a #1 pick doesn't assure you anything. 

#60 artemusclyde

artemusclyde

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 12:39 AM

Nope. No thanks. I don't believe the hype. And the reality is, a #1 pick doesn't assure you anything. 

True, but a #1 pick got Manning and Luck. Something to remember.

#61 pointman

pointman

sandwiches are good.

• Members
  • 5,564 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 12:41 AM

True, but a #1 pick got Manning and Luck. Something to remember.

Manning won 1. Dude is great, but he doesn't make me jealous that we didn't have him. Luck? He just got in the league. He is nothing.

#62 artemusclyde

artemusclyde

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 12:44 AM

Manning won 1. Dude is great, but he doesn't make me jealous that we didn't have him. Luck? He just got in the league. He is nothing.

He had a sh*t team his years in Indie. Remember what happened when he went down with the neck injury?

#63 pointman

pointman

sandwiches are good.

• Members
  • 5,564 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 12:54 AM

He had a sh*t team his years in Indie. Remember what happened when he went down with the neck injury?

I watched Painter look like Elway tonight(in comparison). It was quite the change to the deer in headlights of yesteryear. 

Edited by pointman, 25 August 2013 - 12:54 AM.

#64 vinnys025

vinnys025

Master of the "lick"

• Members
  • 3,283 posts
  • LocationIceland

Posted 25 August 2013 - 01:29 AM

Simms was the best QB last week, and he was the best QB this week.  I can only judge him on who he's went up against to this point, lets see what happens if he gets to play against 1st stringers...... IF we get that opportunity.  I like what I see from him.  He's got a rocket arm (best on the team), he has passion, looks like a leader, and just looks poised out there.  I saw the same in Russle Wilson last year in the pre season, and I turned out to be right. 

Posted Image

Livin' the dream....

#65 BurnleyJet

BurnleyJet

Fan for 30 years (You get less for Murder these days!)

• Members
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 01:37 AM

Simms was the best QB last week, and he was the best QB this week. I can only judge him on who he's went up against to this point, lets see what happens if he gets to play against 1st stringers...... IF we get that opportunity. I like what I see from him. He's got a rocket arm (best on the team), he has passion, looks like a leader, and just looks poised out there. I saw the same in Russle Wilson last year in the pre season, and I turned out to be right.

Stranger things have happened.

#66 roscoeword

roscoeword

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 03:37 AM

We arnt winning this year anyway, and what's with this Giants game and hurting our Q.B's, (Pennington) and now Sanchez. Clowney here we come...

Speaking of Clowney, we once had a receiver named Clowney who was also great in preseason. I think it was Ratliff was throwing to him. So now we have gone full circle.

#67 Kleckineau

Kleckineau

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 3,330 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 05:47 AM

The jets are fortunate that their 4th string QB is as good as their 1st string. Not many NFL teams have that kind of depth at QB.

"20 years ago, we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Jobs. Now we have no Cash, no Hope and no Jobs. Please don’t let Kevin Bacon die.” Bill Murray

#68 Gastineau Lives

Gastineau Lives

Future Internet Broadcasting Hall of Fame Inductee

• Members
  • 3,784 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 07:45 AM

I think Matt Simms should start. He's tall, blonde, has a great arm and looks to be a very confident young man.

I also think the Giants should start their second and third team defenses, because you know, they're just as good as the starters. They also will be MUCH cheaper next year when they cut all the starters.

Edited by Gastineau Lives, 25 August 2013 - 07:46 AM.

#69 jack48

jack48

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 4,253 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:55 AM

what Geno did last night was typical nervous rookie crap.  he still threw for 200 yards in 3 quarters.  Sanchez has trouble doing that over 60 minutes.  face it:  we do not have a legit starter on the roster, but we have a rookie with a chance to get better.

Edited by jack48, 25 August 2013 - 08:56 AM.

#70 dbatesman

dbatesman

FUGGER

• Members
  • 8,224 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:57 AM

lolwut

This is like having a cat with leukemia.

#71 T0mShane

T0mShane

From devil to Bevell, '15

• Members
  • 25,853 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:58 AM

What's the difference between Matt Simms and Andrew Luck, really?
Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

#72 Rogue_Jets

Rogue_Jets

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationStockton CA

Posted 25 August 2013 - 09:21 AM

Ok lets see, Luck has been to the playoffs already, turned his team around in his first year and actually brought hope to a franchise that was devastated by the loss of their best player. Simms threw a Td in the 4th qtr of a pre season game vs the 4th string defense. Your right there is no differance.

#73 Lupz27

Lupz27

2nd year player looking for a breakout season.

• Members
  • 3,723 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 09:22 AM

It would be foolish for us not to take him seriously. He is the only one not throwing INTs, not getting sacked, and not making terrible decisions. Worse thing hes done is be off the mark on a few throws. But even then, its been in space and not to the fatties on the other team.

Don't forget to mention he is the only one who actually throws a pass before the WR is open, that pass for a TD last night was thrown before Spadola even made his cut which had him run behind two unsuspecting defenders.

Obviously Simms does something in practice that makes the coach's think he is a boarder line 3rd stringer, but as on looking fans all we have seen is a hot shot gun slinger completing laser beams, it's tough for the fans not to want this even thou the coach's are probably correct in their assessment.

#74 Rogue_Jets

Rogue_Jets

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationStockton CA

Posted 25 August 2013 - 10:21 AM

The only knock I've seen against Simms is that he isn't very accurate in his throws. But honestly for a young QB with a huge arm that's pretty much standard. The shame is that we have no one for him to sit behind and learn from. There's a big difference between sitting behind Sanchez and trying to learn what not to do and sitting behind a Brady or Brees and learning from a master.

Still I can't just give up on Geno, sure his first start was a tremendous failure and embarressment. The bigger thing to learn about him is if he can put this behind him and correct the rookie mistakes. Its hard to find any QB who didn't have an extremely poor outing in his first start in a  season game or season overall. 

Lets first see what he learns from this debacle, and if can properly coached to improve decision making, I really do think that the game will slow down for him and that he'll be able to make adjustments over the course of this first year. Realistically I don't see any of our QB's winning more than 4-5 games in 2013. I know that its so easy to write this team off but I'm a true die hard Jets fan and like so many others locked into this franchise I can hope for things to get better.

#75 Lupz27

Lupz27

2nd year player looking for a breakout season.

• Members
  • 3,723 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 11:50 AM

Come on there is no possible way you were happy when the Jets won the last game H Edwards coached here in that 9-6 OT thriller! And with the 2nd pick in the 2006 NFL draft the NY Jets select Reggie Bush, probably not so it wouldn't have mattered, but back in January that year I was pissed we won that game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users