Do you ever wish our coach wasn't a f'ing clown?

Bob

This is why I hate the media .... They were looking for an excuse to make Rex look bad. Everyone knew this was going to be a long QB competition, so why is everyone up in arms that Sanchez got injured? It's not like he was out there with the three's. ... And Sanchez will not be here next year anyways. We need to see what Geno has to give in a full 16 game season, so wevkniwvwhat direction to go in next years draft

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FWIW, I don't really blame Rex for playing Mark in that spot. I do think it was dumb to play Geno as long as he did, though. It was clear that Geno wasn't ready to play, and no amount of success vs the Giants' backups was going to change that. Mark should have started the third.

I think Geno won the job with that first TD drive. The turnovers are inevitable. He's young and inexperienced. This season is all about him taking his lumps and getting a feel for the game. It sucks that we the fans will have to endure watching that this season. But if he progresses as the season goes on, at least it will give us hope for the future.

Watching Sanchez continue to make those same rookie mistakes in his fifth year really does nothing for us or the team, near our long term.

I think Geno won the job with that first TD drive. The turnovers are going to be inevitable. He's young and inexperienced. This season is all about him taking his lumps and getting a feel for the game. It sucks that we the fans will have to endure watching that this season. But if he progresses as the season goes on, at least it will give us hope for the future.

Watching Sanchez continue to make those same rookie mistakes in his fifth year really does nothing for us or the team, near our long term.

The Giants penalties gave up that touchdown, though. Geno was surprised by the defense literally every time he received the snap. If you put that quarterback into the starting lineup two weeks from now, you're going 2-14. He's very, very, very, very far from ready.

Btw, Cimini has it that Sanchez was on the bench and Simms was coming into the game, but Mornhinweg pulled him back, then told Sanchez to get in the game instead. Apparently, Sanchez thought he had the night off. Sounds like there was a huge cluster**** going on.

Enough is enough. The decision to put Mark Sanchez in the game was to try and win it so fans would support Sanchez this upcoming season. Now hes hurt and the QB competition is a mess Geno Smith doesn't look ready and our only other option could be out with a shoulder injury. Rex is not a head coach hes an effing clown!

The Giants penalties gave up that touchdown, though. Geno was surprised by the defense literally every time he received the snap. If you put that quarterback into the starting lineup two weeks from now, you're going 2-14. He's very, very, very, very far from ready.

I could handle drafting Teddy Bridgewater

Btw, Cimini has it that Sanchez was on the bench and Simms was coming into the game, but Mornhinweg pulled him back, then told Sanchez to get in the game instead. Apparently, Sanchez thought he had the night off. Sounds like there was a huge cluster**** going on.

This is just another example of why the Jets should have let Rex go with Tanny, or let Rex have a say in the new GM. You can't give your GM input into the QB situation like he doesn't trust your head coach. That's when clusters like this happen.

This is one of the funniest things ever said on this board. And saddest.

Well if you are going to keep your head coach around, then this needs to happen. Otherwise it never works, and the Jets should have just let Rex go.

This is just another example of why the Jets should have let Rex go with Tanny, or let Rex have a say in the new GM. You can't give your GM input into the QB situation like he doesn't trust your head coach. That's when clusters like this happen.

It's definitely setting up to be a mess. I'm still not convinced that Rex is dying to start Sanchez or that Idzik is dying to see Geno start immediately--I think both guys know that Geno needs a lot of work. What I imagine is going on there is that Rex and Mornhinweg want the autonomy to do what they want, but they're being told to not completely bury Geno. It's in Mornhinweg's best interest to invest 100% of his time into turning Sanchez into Alex Smith and 0% into trying to coach up a raw rookie to half-decency. The Jets are trying to halfway it--give Sanchez the job, but bring Geno along because it's in the best long-term interests of the club. Rex and Mornhinweg have no long-term interests in the club, and turning Geno into an NFL QB by Week 15 does absolutely zero for them.

The real mess will come, however, with guys like Holmes and Cromartie, who are playing for their next deals. If the team goes south quickly, all these guys (including the coaches) on one-year contracts are going to pull the ripcord and bail. This could get Kotite-era ugly.

I can live with a 2-14 season if he shows progress and comes out next year ready to go.

It's definitely setting up to be a mess. I'm still not convinced that Rex is dying to start Sanchez or that Idzik is dying to see Geno start immediately--I think both guys know that Geno needs a lot of work. What I imagine is going on there is that Rex and Mornhinweg want the autonomy to do what they want, but they're being told to not completely bury Geno. It's in Mornhinweg's best interest to invest 100% of his time into turning Sanchez into Alex Smith and 0% into trying to coach up a raw rookie to half-decency. The Jets are trying to halfway it--give Sanchez the job, but bring Geno along because it's in the best long-term interests of the club. Rex and Mornhinweg have no long-term interests in the club, and turning Geno into an NFL QB by Week 15 does absolutely zero for them.

The real mess will come, however, with guys like Holmes and Cromartie, who are playing for their next deals. If the team goes south quickly, all these guys (including the coaches) on one-year contracts are going to pull the ripcord and bail. This could get Kotite-era ugly.

You hit the nail completely on the head here. I totally agree.

It has possibilities to be WORSE than kotite. Kotite was a sympathetic figure who was placed into a no-win situation. Rex has helped create his no-win situation, and will burn at the stake like a witch should it go very bad. Chances of that happening, probably 50-50 now.

You don't think that is the case? I didn't realize anyone not named Slats or Jif did not realize that.

I don't know what Woody was thinking, no one does. I think based on his decision he felt Rex deserved one more shot, and if that was the case maybe he should have gotten Rex a GM for a year too. Someone elevated from within that could be demoted or fired in a year. Now you have a situation where the coaches and GM are on totally different pages.

To be clear, Rex didn't do this because of Idzik.

Rex did this because he's an Idiot. Just add this to the years of mismanaging QB's by the NY Jets organization. The ******* circus is back in town and Wrex is still in the ******* drivers seat.

I feel bad for Rex after all this, I'm not his biggest fan but he just gets absolutely destroyed at every turn by fans and media alike.

Rex deserves better than this IMO

Also, i dont think any coaches are going to want to even coach here after this media sh*t storm of the past couple years, sure some of its been deserved but for the most part it's been a public vilification lead by these idiots at the NYDN

I feel bad for Rex after all this, I'm not his biggest fan but he just gets absolutely destroyed at every turn by fans and media alike.

Also, i dont think any coaches are going to want to even coach here after this media sh*t storm of the past couple years, sure some of its been deserved but for the most part it's been a public vilification lead by these idiots at the NYDN

true, but it seems like the exposure gets you on job at espn pretty easily

What Geno had last night was not an untypical outing for a draft pick getting his first real exposure to a front line defense.  He is clearly not ready, but neither is Sanchez.  Those silly, raw rookie mistakes that Geno made?  I saw Sanchez make the same kind of stupid mistakes last year!  In fact, I have seen him make a few this year.  I don't mind if they start Geno.  I would not feel any more trepidation than I would with Darth Stupid at QB.

Yeah, with 32 of these jobs in the entire world, having the ability to work in the largest media center of the world, with a team that will have a top 5 draft pick, and oodles of money to spend, why would anyone want to coach the Jets next year?

Yeah, with 32 of these jobs in the entire world, having the ability to work in the largest media center of the world, with a team that will have a top 5 draft pick, and oodles of money to spend, why would anyone want to coach the Jets next year?

My point was more directed towards what could be considered 'elite' or 'grade A' level coaches, obviously well find a coach lol hell id volunteer for the job, woody can pay me in soap

You know, if Rex didn't run his mouth like a big buffoon the first 2 years (with nothing to back it up BTW) maybe people don't attack as much . Rex made his own bed and the writing was clearly on the wall, that due to his actions, if the team started going south, it was going to get ugly fast. Many people on this board warned about this type of scenario and in all honestly I don't hate Rex but Rex made his own bed and now he's gonna pay for it.

Geno will start because we need to see him under playing conditions.  No, Geno will start because Suxchise has an infected toe nail.  Oh, no, what will we do now, Suxhise is hurt?  Oh, he is not hurt that bad.  I cannot wait to see what act is next up in the 3 ring circus.

Archived